The Corroboree
Bush Turkey

WA gets tougher on dope

liberal fucking ignorant cunts

diabolically stupid

Coming from the man that tried to re-criminalise homosexuality

"Just ask any parent whose son or daughter's use of cannabis led to an addiction to harder drugs or caused serious health or mental health problems such as schizophrenia," he said.

FFFFFFFFFF

Edited by eatfoo

just out of curiosity, hows the general sentiment to the lib government over there?

i guess they're seen as some saving grace for WA against feds that want to kill mining?

Couldnt care less about mining. WA doesnt get as much out of mining then youd think. Our GST return per head is MUCH lower then every other state and has been getting lower every year.

But yes i hate the libs, anyone who knows what a state gov is hates the libs. Shame more dont even know they are even there

i like some of the comments

AW strikes again! See what I did there. I wrote WA backwards, get it? "Just ask any parent whose son or daughter's use of cannabis led to an addiction to harder drugs or caused serious health or mental health problems such as schizophrenia," he said. - So putting there son and daughters in jail is the perfect solution.

:lol:

i meant more about the general publics views of them. from some of the stuff i read i find it difficult to believe people would've voted them in. but then again vic voted libs in moreso that the previous labor government were actually quite shit. not so funny i guess, a choice between two different kinds of shit you still end up with.....

• Like 2

just out of curiosity, hows the general sentiment to the lib government over there?

i guess they're seen as some saving grace for WA against feds that want to kill mining?

i was in disbelief when they announced victory for the libs

Im sure everyone heard of the tightening of the laws here in S.A introducing laws where for merely posessing a hid lamp or a carbon filter with no plausible lawful reason could result in a maximum of 2 years jail and/or a 10000 dollar fine ?

I have personally seen two people go to court very recently after being caught growing between 6 and 8 plants indoors. So on the equpiment charge alone they were facing a $10000 fine and 2 years in prison - plus the threat of having all their assets confiscated - and thats not even taking into account the penalties for production and posession. Both walked out of court with less than 2000 in fines and one of them had been caught twice previously (one with no conviction)! ( this does not include the large sums they paid the lawyers representing them ) The equipment was confiscated as well obviously. Now compare this to the amount of cash these blokes were pulling in - it's is a pittance !

It makes me wonder wether these new laws are merely politically motivated ? perhaps to grab votes ? But from my knowledge, since the crackdown here in S.A every case i have been aware of has resulted in slightly higher fines but thats about it ! The laws dont often reflect the penalties imposed.

Oh well.... another win for the black market i suppose ! :bong:

• Like 1

The police are a very powerful political organization and it simply makes there job a lot easier when the laws on drug users are harsh. That way they can just build there little careers on busting (usually mentally ill) people for small amounts of drugs, rather than putting themselves at risk by dealing with actual criminals. 

I got pulled over in NSW about 3 years ago where I stupidly admitted to being a cannabis smoker. Then last year I was passing though central NSW camping in the middle of nowhere, where I got woken up by the police in the middle of the night who declared they were searching my car because I had a history of drug use. They didn't try to hide the excitement of there little 5 gram bust and gave me a cannabis caution. Then this year I had pulled over at a rest stop on a highway in central NSW at about 7.30pm, where I was just peacefully watching the stars and eating a bowl of special K, then bang! Bright lights were shining in my eyes and this cop walked up to my car shinning his mag light in my eyes and looking for something incriminating in my car window, well at the same time trying to convince me that I wasn't being harassed! He also decided that because I'd had drugs found on me before that I had no rights and he was allowed to search my car. Then the cute little blue eyed police chick he was with searched my vehicle for a while till I just gave them 3 joints I had, which seemed to satisfy them and they just gave me my second cannabis caution. You only get two cannabis cautions in NSW and apparently if I even enter NSW I'm getting my car searched. So basically if I drive though NSW again with a joint butt in the ashtray or an old bud I've forgotten about under the seat or something, I'll become an official criminal!

Or when I was recently coming back into Victoria from camping in the outback with a car covered in red dirt, dressed in worn and dirty clothes and unshowered, I got pulled over in a regional city by the police, I gave him my license and asked him why I'd been pulled over, he informed me there was a bliz on and that he didn't need a reason to pull me over. He came back with his thug partner and demanded I exist my vehicle because I had a history of drug use from 2001, when I told them that I had nothing illegal on me and that they had no right to search my car I was told I would be put on the ground in cuffs if I kept up the attitude, even though I had fully complied with there orders. I had to stand outside in freezing cold weather over for 20 minutes after just coming from the tropics well they searched my car. Then when they didn't find anything they made me take my shoes off and patted me down in the middle of the street!

I've never been treated like that in my whole life by the Vic police even when got pulled up for driving at over 160km in a 80km zone. It must have something to do with liberal policy. To put it into perspective, my car was registered and roadworthy, my license is fully current and valid, I was not speeding or involved in any kind of anti-social behavior and I also have no criminal record or history with police apart from speeding fines or that minor cannabis charge 10 years ago. So the police have threatened me with violence, searched my car and patted me down simply because of my appearance and not because of anything I'd done.

It just perfectly points out the damage lazy and morally corrupt police and laws which are based on ideology are doing to our society everyday. Instead of protecting society from serious offenders, most police find it easier to just pick on the mentally ill hoping for an easy bust, then they put you in there records so it will be even easier for them to harass you next time, slowly chipping away till the individual has got a full on criminal record, resents society, has a worsened mental illness and is basically far less likely to ever be able to interact with society in a normal matter. 

The end result is a lot of police that are far more highly ranked than they deserve to be and a less productive and more dangerous society from all the mentally ill people the police have tormented.

Peace

• Like 4

Well who is sending Mr Johnson an email telling him how unhappy you are with him pushing new laws on old, refuted science? No use preaching to the choir.

Lib or ALP have such minor differences in reality these days it seems almost pointless to blame one or the other, I'm under a ALP state gov and they are thoroughly shit.

Australia's politics is in a fucked place so everyone is doing 'feats of strength' to impress the constituents. Show them you are unimpressed and perhaps they will leave it alone.

If everyone who has posted here sends an email aswell, you will be doing something, not just whining. While your at it, send one to both sides of your locals saying if they support harsh punishments for drug offences, they've lost your support.

Make a difference.

"We are declaring war on drugs and this is just the beginning," Police Minister Rob Johnson Deemed the most costly mistake America ever made

"Just ask any parent whose son or daughter's use of cannabis led to an addiction to harder drugs or caused serious health or mental health problems such as schizophrenia" Not only is there no science, cannabis is shown as a great medicament for many mental health issues.

"They will tell you that illicit drugs have ripped their family apart and ruined many lives. We owe it to our children to do everything we can to protect their future, which is why this Government makes no apologies for its tough approach on drugs." And they will tell you that since being imprisoned their health afflicted child has been a slave to crime, mental illness and recurring imprisonment. We do owe the children not to be made criminals due to a health issue because some polie wants reelection.

Police Commissioner Karl O'Callaghan said he welcomed "any law reforms that will help combat the scourge of this insidious criminal industry in WA". Like legalization or non-criminal regulation?

Here's the email, speak your mind, maybe you can make him feel embarrassed for being half a man and less of a polie.

[email protected]

Cheers

FCL

• Like 3

I think the comment addressing the Supply Side economics to the situation sums it up pretty nicely. I wouldn't consider myself an advocate of pot - it's a vice for most people (who can't enjoy it sparingly). If the Global Commission has already claimed failure on the 'war on drugs' i think it's about high-time (no pun intended) to listen to the experts and stop targeting people with the 'harsher penalties' approach.

• Like 2