The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
medicinedan

sally.d

i am interested in obtaining sal.d cutting for ornamental pot. any chance. i know there rare as hell in adel. i can get from nsw but to far to drive

Rare as hell everywhere in Australia Daniel.

It's illegal here.

You can't obtain it legally.

Sorry.

goddamn, but i know i can get it through a hole in the system in several places in other states. I remember about 2 or three years ago my mate had some he got from a herbal shop (legal back then) he said if we sprinkled it on our weed it would get us extra stoned, i didn't believe him. Then after i discovered it it was to late. It was illegal.

The only loophole that would allow you to get it anywhere is the fact that most police and other law enforcers wouldn't know what it is.

It might as well be a weed plant, or a coca plant, it is illegal.

Unfortunately so. But there are odd places here and there that brazenly sell Sally cuttings.

Only thing is that the rules on this forum say you can't incriminate anyone, so we couldn't even publicly announce where to get one, if someone did know.

If the cops read it, they would shut down the person we mentioned instantly.

ideed, hence the reason for my tight lipped posts. However the prohibition of this is no different to the prohibition of l.s.a containing plants. In Australia only 3 plants are prohibited federally, which are opium poppies, Erythroxylum species that produce cocaine, and Cannabis. It appears that mescaline containing cacti, Catha edulis and Ephedra plants are NOT illegal and this may mean that Salvia divinorum as a plant may not be illgal either. However Salvia divinorum is the first plant to be named with its full species name in the schedule and MAY thus include the live plant. So This is all wishy washy. Any chance of finding a sal.spendins??

salvinorin A and Salvia divinorum are both Schedule 9.

That means in the eyes of the law posessing it is the same as posessing heroin, and processing it is the same as processing heroin.

EDIT: S. splendens is easy to find, SAB sells it along with pretty much every nursery in Australia. However, its psychoactivity is debatable. There's another thread going about this already.

[ 13. May 2005, 04:41: Message edited by: apothecary ]

danielbotany:

However Salvia divinorum is the first plant to be named with its full species name in the schedule and MAY thus include the live plant. So This is all wishy washy.

This has been discussed a number of times and the fairly clear consensus is that the live plant is definitely illegal to possess. After all, it's a drug of abuse with significant potential for harm and addiction. Didn't you know?

quote:

In Australia only 3 plants are prohibited federally

Could've sworn it was five?

Anyways dude, I was just telling it how it is, don't get your knickers in a knot. :cool:

[ 13. May 2005, 05:44: Message edited by: Benzito ]

Well i have read up about the plant on the net and from what i read the abuse potential is next to nothing. It is not addictive and the effects of the plant do not appeal to most people and most who try it once don't use it again because it just isn't "fun" according to peoples experiences. I also read that it isn't toxic and impossible to overdose and die from the plant. The only way you could die is if you do something stupid and hurt yourself, that is why plants like this should be used responsibly. There are legal plants which are much more dangerous and potentially fatal such as datura and brugmansia so making it illegal doesn't make sense to me but then again not much does make sense anymore in this world.

danielbotany - 3 years ago it was only 3 plants that were illegal. now it is 5 (the fifth is Mitragyna speciosa). I have recently put up the salvia divinorum page again so you can source any relevant info there.

Even though things were a bit vague at the time, there is no doubt that Mitragyna and Salvia div are now illegal plants.

hey that really sux dudes. Though i am still pretty keen on the notion that they are about as illegal as peganum harmarla of which the active constitutes are also schedule 9 and just as illegal, however it is only illegal to have the plant if your intentions are to use it as an illicit substance. and what is Mitragyna that a new one for me.

Mitragyna Speciosa - Kratom.

Look it up, there's heaps more info out there than I could give you.

But, Daniel, I guarantee you that these guys are right. Torsten runs Shaman Australis, it is his business to know which plants he can and can't sell.

He is probably the person on here who has done the most research into import, quarantine, and customs laws. And could probably site specific acts and numbers and court cases that set the precedent.

Seriously, he knows what he's talking about. :)

danielbotany:

Though i am still pretty keen on the notion that they are about as illegal as peganum harmarla of which the active constitutes are also schedule 9 and just as illegal, however it is only illegal to have the plant if your intentions are to use it as an illicit substance.

I'm pretty keen on the notion too :D but unfortunately it isn't the case. As you mentioned Salvia divinorum is specifically scheduled as a species while Peganum harmala is not, so they are not really comparable examples. Further rue has some economic uses other than ornamental horticulture & drug production which probably ensure its legality to cultivate.

yeah, what creach said!

Sally and kratom are special because they are scheduled as the fully named species rather than just the active constituent. Anyone one member here has got teh salvia implications in writing from the TGA so there is simply no argument anymore :rolleyes:

hmm, yeah i suppose. damn though. and Torsten , you run the s.a.b show?? thats out there man. You are truly ledgendary.

And thus, danielbotany's search heads for the underground.

how bout khat, does that grow from seed. or would i have to try and find a local person with a cutting.

all other plants are legal as long as there is no intent to consume or process them. Khat is legal as live plants and as seed. we sell both, but there are also lots of people trading them here.

you simply wont find sally online

or kratom anymore

but you cant find it opportunistically in real space

where people can get to know you and theres no threat of a paper trail

but it's still not right how most of the other countrys havent criminalised it yet especially the USA :confused:

you mean 'criminalised'??

Kind of wierd that, it seems in some respects that Australia is more 'tough on drugs' than even the over zelous US. Mabey its time to move to kiwi land...

Trip Dr - your statement has been true for at least 5 years, ie whenever the idiots at the TGA discovered 'pre-emptive scheduling' as they call it.

In NZ they are appplying some interesting logic to drug laws. Like, permitting BZP to stop people from using amphetamines. Very active poepl over there though. Especially Matt (who some might remember from EB1) who chairs the Social Tonics action group STANZ. WE need people like that. Folks with some knowledge in law and the will to catalyse change.

Whats the laws on having salvia.D seeds?

They say seeds are pretty much unviable but there have been case if seeded in the proper conditions and with alot of luck it is possible to get a plant out of it (donno if its true).

there are two laws. one that covers salvinorinA, while the other covers the plant Salvia divinorum and all it's parts and preparations.

are the seeds a plant part? yes.

except, the seeds are exempt from schedule9 of the SUSDP if they are treated.

Yea, this would mean that de-cocainized coca seeds if treated would be legal if it werent for the case that nearly every state act seperately bans all parts of the coca plant.

however, since not all state drug acts refer to divinorum, in this case the treated seeds would be OK. Not in NSW tho!