The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

Tabernanthe iboga seeds for sale

check the shop for them. freshly harvested and already germinating.

if the prices are too high for you then wait till next year. my plants are still quite small and the lack of rain has seriously impacted on seed production. next season should be much better.

iboga seed

Only 2 hours they've been on the store, and already you've sold some. :wink:

I reckon these are gonna clear VERY quickly indeed! Get 'em while they're hot people.

Are these from your own plants Torsten?

Only 2 hours they've been on the store, and already you've sold some. :wink:

I reckon these are gonna clear VERY quickly indeed! Get 'em while they're hot people.

I was going to post about these on overseas forums, but decided to give the aussies a one week headstart :wink:

Are these from your own plants Torsten?

Yes, these are from 2 seed grown individuals and about 10 of their first generation cuttings (ie our cutting material stock plants). The seed grown plants are now 7 years old and the cuttings are about 3 years old I think.

I am extremely proud of these and they have a lot of personal stuff attached to them. For example, the original seed was collected by Dan Lieberman who was one of the kindest people I have ever come across. He was killed in a car accident a few years ago. The internet is still full of his iboga pictures as he was one of the first to have regular rituals with the Bwiti. He introduced me to the knowledge about iboga and it's potential. of all the people who breeze in and out of the ethnobotany community I miss him the most :( .

I also almost went to jail over the original seeds, but by some divine intervention (or simple burocratic incompetence) I was spared - TWICE!!!

I also met other extremely kind people through the iboga connection. Such as a local plant propagator friend, who has contributed more plants to wandjina and SAB than anyone else and who has been a most trustworthy friend.

The iboga path has only just started for me I think. There is so much work to be done with it. I am so happy that we are finally at the point where we can share select small amounts of material such as seed with others :):)

Yeahy, after 2yrs or searching, finally! I am getting some T.Iboga seed! HOORAY! B)B)B) In fact Im getting 50 of'em for me and some of the IRC krew!

Thank you for the heads up Benzito, I would have been bitterly disapointed if I missed out! :ana:

Edited by AndyAmine.

Not only are they fresh, and not only is this the first time I've seen the roundfruit seeds available, but you are even taking the proper care to send them out in a moist medium.

T, you are the best!!!

Oh, and I won't blab about it over here before you're ready.

:wink:

:o

T you did it!

I love you man :)

Time to start building the perfect indoor grow cupboard.

Ys of course, I forgot to thank the man himself, thanks for your hard work Tort (as always), I will be spreading as many baby T.Iboga (Torsten.Iboga :P ) around my area as I can.

Is there much weed potential in the S.E.QLD and N.N.S.W area? I know a couple of semi-remote mountain sides that would be perfecto for some plants.

Thanks Torst, magic work! World class in fact :worship: I would get another 10 seeds but I dont want to be greedy. The more diverse locations these beauties flourish the higher their chance of permanent retention in the community. :wink:

I don't think they have ANY weedpotential in SEQld or NNSW. In fact in most of these areas it will be too cold for them to survive and they won't produce seed. FNQ might be a different story, but keep in mind that the fruit is heavy, toxic and not very tasty. I think spread wouldbe at about the rate of Tabernaemontana orientalis OR LESS.

Iboga comes from one of the hottest tropical rainforests in the world, where the air temp is rarely below 35degC and the soil temp would not be much lower as there is no evaporation due to the extreme humidity.

A single night of 4 degC can kill a 3 year old plant! A week of 7 degC will at the very least make it die back to the roots. The best places would be where it never goes below 12 degC. Humidity and part shae is a must. if you want to grow this in an indoor grow room then either use a cabinet with vertical fluoros or find a spot at least 2m from your 400W HPS/MH light.

Lack of heat is the main cause of death.

They like humidity, but are quite tough in that regard. They are spidermite magnets, so regular control is essential (predatory mites are a good control if you can provide high humidity).

Great, thanks Torsten, your information was very useful. sounds like most people will have no choice but to grow her indoors.

Lucky I have access to a property up near Agness Waters (2hrs nrth of Noosa), so they should love it there I think.

IIRC there was someone on the forum growing one outdoors in Brisbane, I dont know if he wants to chime in or not but I know I for one would appreciate some extra first hand knowladge for growing T.Iboga in Australian (Particularly S.E.QLD) conditions.

There are a few people growing them in SEQld outdoors. The climate is OK, but the growing season will be short. I bring my plants inside on the coldest nights of the year (about 4-10 nights), but the rest they stay outside. They usually lose their leaves, but that is still a long way from causing them to die back. Creating microclimates might also do the trick. It's not a huge plant, so no reason not to keep it in a mobile pot.

Thanks again.

Luckily it very rarely gets that low here and being near to the ocean the humidty is quite high.

Cool as...

Do the seed stay viable for long?

and..will you be offering plants in the future?

Do the seed stay viable for long?

No, They will be germinating in transit or shortly after. They can not be stored as they are mailed moist.

yes. however, as we are making the seed available this season I am sure we won't offer plants until next season now. Plants will be cutting grown.

yes. however, as we are making the seed available this season I am sure we won't offer plants until next season now. Plants will be cutting grown.

So you didn't keep any seed for yourself Torsten? You're too nice man!

Thankyou sooooo much!

So you didn't keep any seed for yourself Torsten? You're too nice man!

Thankyou sooooo much!

we grew from seed last year, but there wasn't much seed. It seems we now have a good protocol for making cuttings (in that particular climate), so cuttings are preferred as they are much faster. It's good however to have a fair bit of genetic diversity.

hey guys, do you think it's still OK to grow Iboga, Viridis and Caapi without artificial lighting?? II don't have the money, spaces or resources (don't have my own place) for artificial lighting and I have a mini greenhouse just over 1m high by 1m wide, with a heat mat underneath which I keep next to a windowsill. The Viridis and Caapi seem to be doing allright and constantly growing and so I'm contemplating trying to grow some of those Iboga seeds in there. I'm wondering if there will be as much sun in Winter as in summer, and if there's not I'm wondering if the plants would still continue growing during winter.

Also, Torsten, Paypal has just launched a new AU site so instead of having to pay a conversion fee to convert US dollars into Australian dollars you can just pay with Australian dollars online and pay no fee. That site is www.paypal.com.au , maybe you can put the option of paying with that one instead of the American one on SAB :)

Edited by sugeshotcha

yes, spot on planthelper!

no cultivation info from me without being given the courtesy of background information. The simplest and permanent way is to enter a climate/zone/location into your profile.

ok, I live in South Australia where it's dry with occasional winds and where winter goes down to 4 or 5 degrees celsius sometimes. I definitely don't think Iboga would grow well outdoors here.

The dryness is probably not that big a problem, unless you get upset by brown crispy edges on leaves :wink:

The cold is a bigger problem. However, if you only get a few nights so cold then why not bring the plant inside? It has very low light requirements which means it will happily sit anywhere in a room where there is enough natural light to read without straining. Over winter they are pretty much dormant anyway. Mine are defoliated around June usually and don't grow leaves again until late september.

When they defoliate Torsten, is there any easy way to know if they are still alive and well?

I'm just pre-empting my sheer panic, when this first happens to mine... :lol:

yes. the young twigs die first and start at the tip. live twigs are green and the soft bark is smooth. As they die the colour changes to a dirty brown and the bark wrinkles. Whatever wrinkles is beyond hope, but the colour change can sometimes be reversed for at least a section or two.

Make sure this die back does not happen in the first 24 months as it may well kill the plant.

I've had two plant die back to ground level and recover, but I basically lost 3 years worth of growth, which took almost 2 seasons to regrow. I've also had two that did not recover.

Be careful once the dieback reaches the woody bark, as from here it is difficult to see what the damage is.

The dryness is probably not that big a problem, unless you get upset by brown crispy edges on leaves :wink:

The cold is a bigger problem. However, if you only get a few nights so cold then why not bring the plant inside? It has very low light requirements which means it will happily sit anywhere in a room where there is enough natural light to read without straining. Over winter they are pretty much dormant anyway. Mine are defoliated around June usually and don't grow leaves again until late september.

Ahh, that'd explain why newly planted Yerba's leaves have developed brown sunburnt like patches on most of the leaves.

I would love to get some more of these, but fear I might just be waisting my time.

Both my Iboga and Yohimbe cuttings I got wrinkled up and died. I think is was ethier from the transplant shock or being in full direct sun light for the better part of the day. The Yohimbe lost one of it's only two leaves in transit, and the other dropped off soon after and never recovered. The Iboga just started to shrivel up and die.

I must admit I'm not good at raising plants unless they are very hardy.

Chief