The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

B. caapi consortium

Hello friends.

UrbanTribes is advertising $49 for 5 caapi cuttings. I just emailed the dude and he said they are rooted.

If you live in Sydney, and wish to purchase a cutting, let me know, so we can organise an order!

We could probably do the order, and arrange a meet at the botanical gardens or something for people to come and get them.

I'm at least game for one. Post here if you are down, and when we reach 5 (or 10?) we can do an order!

Apo, I think you were asking about how these guys do in Sydney, around a month ago? Or maybe it was smogs.

Well, one of you two was wondering if this plant will survive winter in Sydney.

I said mine hadn't died since I brought it back from SAB in February, but you were concerned that it hadn't lived THROUGH a winter yet.

Well, obviously, it still hasn't lived THROUGH a whole winter in the past month, but it has grown about 12"! It has basically doubled in size, after doing nothing for 2 months, in the period of a few weeks.

This growth seemed to be triggered by the move to a 'greenhouse'. Just a bunnings $20 'seedraiser'. You know, green aluminium frame, plastic sheet with zipper up the front.

Well, I put the Caapi in that thing, put a few shallow trays underneath it for evaporation, and spray it once or twice a day and it has gone MENTAL!

Hopefully it will survive the next 3 months or so, but I really have a good feeling it will. :)

[ 03. May 2005, 08:08: Message edited by: Benzito ]

yeah that was me... hmm good news

im still keen on getting one and am willing to pay 10bucks

now awaiting 3 more people :)

I talked to the UT guy again, he said if we get over 5 people, then they are $10 each no matter what.

So it doesn't have to be 5 or 10, it can be anything up from 5.

im in for two cuttings. now who in sydney has some Psychotria viridis?

I,ve had a B.cappi in a pot for a couple of years

and its fine.It grew slowly at first but seems to be healthy,its been outside since I got it and is not treated with too much care,it gets watered and occasionally fertilized but otherwise its just another potted plant.I live about 1.5 to 2 hours south of Sydney so it gets cold but we dont get any frost here.Hope that helps.

Andrew

Bacchant, no offense but we can't simply trust someone who just joined the forum to put their name down...does anybody know you? Can anyone vouch for your trustworthiness?

Like I said, no offense, I don't want to create a bad vibe but if randoms apply and then don't turn up to collect/pay someone will be stuck with an extra $20 (which I personally can't afford) and 2 vines I don't have room to keep over winter.

Why don't you introduce yourself? Do you have a garden? Photos? What kind of plants? What brings you to the forum?

Just to make it clear, I don't want to go in on this deal. :)

I was just letting you know how my vine had been going so far, but it's already getting too big for my little greenhouse, so there's no way I can fit another one.

Just to avoid any confusion.

[ 04. May 2005, 01:28: Message edited by: Benzito ]

well count me in fellas, sounds like a sweet dealio to me... I keep saying to myself "no dave, no more freakin plants till you have a job and can afford to buy lunch let alone new garden friends" but alas I can't turn down a good deal.

cheers,

BL

O.K well that makes six!

I'll leave this open until Thursday night if anyone else wants in and make the order on Friday morning.

I bought a caapi vine from someone on here or eba for 15bucks..it was just a single leaf cutting...i planted it up in around a gallon pot...in a mostly shady area...that was about 2 months ago and now its about 25cm tall...a very easy plant to grow imo...good luck guys

how do people reckon this plant would go in mail to melbourne? i would love to get one and could put money in your account apoth, if someone was willing to send it

If someone is willing to take it home then post it to you, that's fine with me but I don't particularly feel like putting my hand up.

Also note it'd mean paying for postage to Sydney (probably not much considering we are ordering in bulk) then postage to Melbourne.

I'll make you a deal. Next spring if you still don't have a plant, I'll attempt making a cutting for you.

smogs,what are you talking about?

do they only sell to australia ?

andrew: if apoth isnt 100% sure you will buy the cutting and u do want it then pay in advanced.Tthen he doesnt need to worrie because he already has the cashola and wont get stuck with a plant that way

ROFLMFAO :D

Hi Mesc

Have you moved yet?give me a p.m.Smogs,I think you may have me mixed up with bachant.I got a caapi a few years ago,see post above.

[ 06. May 2005, 00:08: Message edited by: Andrew ]

quote:

how do people reckon this plant would go in mail to melbourne?

I live on the SW coast of Victoria , and it grows well for me, the catch is it lives in a zip up green house in my shed :D Biggest problem i have with vines is keeping them under control , as B.Caapi, HBW , MG all grow rampant and i have system of growing them around a frame.

Last call.

Otherwise I'll be placing the order for 6 B. caapi cuttings tonight.

The meet to get them will probably be the closest weekend after they arrive, most likely in the city so everyone can get there.

Probably Hyde Park or Botanical Gardens.

heh heh tis gunna look dodgy as

sounds like fun

also i would be interested in headed to the underground afterwards for a few beers and pool if anyone wants to join me (its right near hyde park)