The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
planthelper

psychedelic woodwork

Thats supurb, really good symitry and finishing, extreemly high quality, I always knew you were good with wood but wow, Im very impressed PH. Me likie..

Is there any chnace you have some for sale?

wow, i love them. they are beautiful. if you ever have anything for sale let me know :D

Very impressive Planthelper!

Have you thought about having a stall at the markets or something? You would definately get a a lot of interest.

That little hexagon thingy looks pretty cool, did you make that as well? It looks like a lot of time and effort went into these. Well done! :)

How did you do the hexagon inside the hexagon?

Ive often saw those carved wooden Elephants inside Elephants inside elephants when in India and couldnt understand how they did it without opening the inside to put the smaller ones in?

wow, really beautiful planthelper you've got lots of talent, really amazing work.

Those elephants are amazing, saw the wooden ones, marble (??) ones and some other sort of stone ones. Mind boggling how they get it so precise, probably also done simply with wire and sand like how they cut all the temple stones into flowers and all that.

Gerbil, probabaly Soap Stone, they do a lot of Soap Stone over there, its great stuff to work with.

thank you for your kind words,

you guys realy inspired me to do more of this kind of work.

the dodecaeder contains a cube and the cube a sphere...

one shape was gluded up after the other.

yes, i used to have a marketstall at times and i did rather well selling woodwork...

but i have to admit that i do woodwork since i am 6years old and had a professional training as a cabinetmaker in a technical school in austria...

thx, again for your feedback, i promise i will do more work soon and keep you informed.

i love wood. :wub::rolleyes::lol:

so these are the ones you told me about? BLOODY FANTASTIC!!! I love 'em :wub: :D thankyou for posting them :)

WE WANT MORE!

Brilliant work PH! amazing

Gerbil, probabaly Soap Stone, they do a lot of Soap Stone over there, its great stuff to work with.

Head to an antique store, you will find a few. they were traditionally made out of ivory and carved over years as a hobby. ive even seen lamps with on in the stem.

Edited by Amulte

They’re amazing, I know this has been said but if you have anything for sale I’d definitely be interested.

nice stuff planthelper :) how many hours would that altar take man thats fkn awesome!

nice stuff planthelper :) how many hours would that altar take man thats fkn awesome!

Awesome PH!

Where'd you get the tusks out of interest?

the tusks i had since 20 years, i bought them in south america.

i did a set of 10 altars in one go, some i got still semi finished, don't know how long it took to make, but i guess at least 5h. the red cedar came from a tree grown in a residental area, which died from natural causes!!

planthelper i love your work!

i'm just wondering, you said you used to have a market stall, a friend of mine brought back a few candlabra's (?) from woodford at least ten years ago, they look very similar, i can't help but think they must have been yours.

i can say that i've had many a night in my friends house where these candle holders have greatly enhanced my experience. they truely are psychedelic, the way the candle light casts shadows and makes the sculpture come to life is really amazing!

keep creating :lol:

those candelabras are not made by me, but i know the guy(s) who make them, and yes i got inspired by there work! if the woodford stall sold colorfull clothing aswell, than you did well as sean's candelabras are finished to perfection, the other guy's one's (steve) are not bad either, but a lil bit more on the not so perfect side.

on a ethno side note,

at one stage i was working for sean a bit, and one day believe it or not i had a champhor wood induced euphoric experience. i think it happend mainly because i breathed in the fumes of camphor which result when routing the edges....

Edited by planthelper