The Corroboree
Machine Elf

Cool names for a baby girl?

Hey folks,

We have an impending female addition to our family (my wife's waters have broken, but we are waiting for labour to come on naturally), and we're still stuck for a name for her. Thought I'd throw a request out there for any ideas on names which would match up with her siblings - Isis, and Phoenix.

Glad to hear of any suggestions...

Peace and Respect,

Belf

She's gonna be an aquarius, so maybe you should consider Pandora :P.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but best of luck and wishes... and of course congratulations.

Looks like you're not going to be the only member from the board with an impending female addition this month, somebody else out there (you obviously know who you are) will be blessed soon as well.

sabra- female name meaning spiny cactus!!

i wanted this name for our lil girl at first but didnt go over real well!

i think its a nice name though!!!

or maybee Eileen!!!now that is one legendary woman!!!! :wub:

i nearly forgot -CONGRATULATIONS!! :D

and on that special day, may that nos bottle be close!!

hope u guys have a great birth, it truly is an earth shattering/ life changing experience!!

don't know baby girls names, but i send you my best wishes.

don't forget to take full advantage of the laughing gas. can i show my wife how to use the mask? yes thats a good idea...

She's gonna be an aquarius, so maybe you should consider Pandora :P.

Heh, that actually was on the long list...we've got this mythological name vibe happening (obviously, with Isis and Phoenix). Trouble is, when you look up the cool names in a myth dictionary, you find that their story is usually that they were raped by the Titans and then hung out for a millennium with a bird picking at their intestines. Gotta be careful with that name choosing...

:wink:

Peace and Respect,

Belf

i've always liked the name tanika for a girl, i was thinking this is what i'd like to call my daughter if i ever had one.

i could'nt wait......... doh

our cat's name tanika instead

i found it nice to pronounce like

ta-nee-ka ta(flat) nee(inclined tone) ka (flat+short)

enjoy.

Well Gongrats! :saufen2:

Whats say Violacea? ^_^

congratulations! :)

me and my girl are about a week away ourselves. we're 99% sure we're going to call her 'Esha',. the other choice was 'Ix chell" pronounced "Ishell" but she'd be teaching people how to pronounce her name all the time and we didnt think that would be too fun.

the name just came to us. but we always thought that as soon as we saw her, we'd know what her name is. my sister started on one name, went thourgh about 20 others and then settled on the first one.

there is heaps of baby name sites, i suggest not to use this one : http://wesclark.com/ubn/ ;)

Congratulations!!! Warm fuzzies to you all.

My suggestions would be:

Maya (My-a, Hindi for the physical manifestation of god/illusion/magic, also the name of several goddesses in a number of cultures)

Liana (Keeping in mind it somewhat loses its charm when pronounced in a 'Kath & Kim' accent).

Leilani (Lay-Lah-nee, Hawaiian for 'heavenly flower')

:wub::):wub::):wub:

Sage ?

Sage ?

Heh, I guess us folks are on similar wavelengths. Sage is currently on our shortlist, as is Maya (suggested by Wandjina). And Jasemateau's call on Tanika is pretty cool, though my wife's name is Tonita so probably a bit similar.

Odds-on the second name will be Lily - due to the fact that my oldest girl Isis (4) has called the baby 'Lily' from the first day we found out about being pregnant...even before we knew it was a girl. You just can't ignore spookiness like that!

Congrats to you Simon Marklar, hope all goes smoothly for you!

Peace and Respect,

Belf

What about Freja (Freya), the name of the nordic goddess of love?