The Corroboree
ballzac

Importing illegal products?

This is obviously just a theoretical question...

If I were to try to order some marijuana from Amsterdam, they would not deliver it. If they DID, it would get stopped by customs and I would probably have feds knocking on my door. What about other, less known illegals? Salvia Divinorum for example. It is legal in EVERY country but Australia. Would the companies deliver it? If they did, would it get through customs? If it got stopped, would either the buyer or the seller be in hot water? There are even less recognised illegal substances. I'm not asking if anyone has had success with this, as I wouldn't want anyone to incriminate themselves, but I was just wondering what people thought would be the most likely products to get through. Would seeds be more likely to make it through than extracts or dried herbs? I am not planning on using this information to break the law. All of this is just curiosity. Cheers.

-Zac

I would think that the buyer would be in trouble, not the seller. Not too sure if seeds would be easier, esp if they are labelled. But this is just my assumption..

I once imported seeds that are only illegal to import, the plants are not illegal...but this was because i had no idea that it was against the law, I would never break it intentionally :innocent_n:

My grandmother is the most avid of gardeners for 30+ years, she particularly likes her flowers.

You could imagine her surprise and joy the other day when she saw a new species of salvia seeds on Ebay, one that she wasn't at all aware of.

Intstantly intent on adding it to her collection she gleefully put down her bid. :innocent_n:

What do you think may happen if she ends up winning?

Theres only one species of Salvia which is illegal, Salvia divinorium...all the rest are fine...

I didn't want to go say it out loud, but that's the one.

Salvia D on Ebay, Aus one? Hmm..Maybe if she does get caught they wont mind seeing as shes just a keen gardener, same rules as poppies perhaps...

Salvia D on Ebay, Aus one? Hmm..Maybe if she does get caught they wont mind seeing as shes just a keen gardener, same rules as poppies perhaps...

Think again!

Poppy seeds are not illegal. Only growing them is.

Sally seeds (as well as any other parts of the plant) are illegal.

If it is ebay overseas I would not risk it.

you might also want to read this:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...?showtopic=9330

it would be kinda fucked if you import seeds labelled as sally, get busted, charged and fined, and then they weren't even the real thing (conviction will stick anyway)

Thanks for the link torsten.

How much of a tease is that?!

Anyway, it is international Ebay and my grandma thinks i'm joking when i'm saying they are illegal.

She's like "Plants?? Illegal?? Oh well they'll have to come and take me away then." with a big laugh and giggle.

She's 89 and can't comprehend the concept at all.

I guess her innocence is showing us all how stupid the whole thing is.

Salvia D. seeds ? Have i missed something ?

My question was relating to illegal substances in general, but yeah, you're not likely to find viable S. divinorum seeds.

My FOAF bought some somewhat illegal, but rather obscure things from an overseas company (before thinking it through) and they arrived without a problem. Since then they haven't bought anything illegal from overseas.

I remember about a year ago I heard about someone ordering sally off eBay without a problem.

I'm not saying it's possible, just my experience. I wouldn't recommend it at all.