The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Gollum

Importing Loph seeds

Can anyone give me some info on import regulations for seeds and plants into Oz.

I am interested in purchasing some Lophophora williamsii seeds off a seller in the U.K. and im wondering if i am going to have problems with customs.

Has anyone bought Lophophora seeds from outside Australia before and had problems?

Thanks.

Can anyone give me some info on import regulations for seeds and plants into Oz.

I am interested in purchasing some Lophophora williamsii seeds off a seller in the U.K. and im wondering if i am going to have problems with customs.

Has anyone bought Lophophora seeds from outside Australia before and had problems?

Thanks.

I beleive they are an illegal import, no need to import as there is plenty of seed available within australia.

Shaman Australis, Earthalchemy and Arizona Cactus garden all stock lophophora seeds.

Thanks Jack, I have purchased seeds within Oz before but i am looking at buying some in bulk. Say 100 seeds or so. I want to try my luck at germinating them myself then grafting onto a Pereskiopsis but want to allow for some mortalities as i have never raised them from seed before.

There is a seller in the U.K that wants to sell 100 seeds all Lophophora, but there are mixed and many different varieties, some that i have not even heard of before. He is asking 9 pounds for the lot and i thought that it was a good price.

Know anywhere i can buy in bulk in Oz?

and AFAIK they sell 100's for $30 so its about the same price plus you dont have to fork out for the international postage etc or risk legal worries.

What´s about sending seeds of Trichocereus to Australia? Are there any legal Problems for receiving them? BestRegs EG

What´s about sending seeds of Trichocereus to Australia? Are there any legal Problems for receiving them? BestRegs EG

Illegal

I pretty sure trichocereus seeds are ok to import.

Jack Posted Today, 07:29 AM

I pretty sure trichocereus seeds are ok to import.

Really?!

I swear iv read it before that these are illegal to import..

Ohwell i must of been wrong..

I might try to find some Trich seeds from o/s then...see how that pans out..I fried most of the ones i planted last :rolleyes:

Hey Andy

Who are AFAIK, do you have a www.????

trichs are ok lophs are nono

brings up an interesting point, loph seeds named as trichs may get in i dont know. also 100 seeds isnt bulk and could easily be send in envelope stealth style. i do think that compared to other seeds lophs are highly priced, they are in high demand.

im all for buying from australian vendors but when buying in bulk (1000's of seeds) its just not economical, im happy to pay a few extra bucks but when you can get double the quantity i go overseas, increases gene pool anyway :)