The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
SirLSD

need an id

will post pics as soon as someone tell me how to upload them.

anyway... found them growing out the bottom of a pot at home. look like cubes but not sure. there hasnt been any intentional innoculation with spores but its quite possible. the largest mushroom is about 3 inches long and the stem is about an inch in diamerter. the cap hasnt opened. i snapped one off and they showed typical blue bruising of damaged flesh. do any other species of fungi bruise blue??? can i take this as a sighn that it is safe (not a toxic toadstool?) also the flesh and cap on the outside was really quite hard and it snapped when i bent it. could this be due to direct sun light?

will post pics soon. or can email to someone if they want?

thanks

mate - you might need to tell us the colour of its spores or perhaps a photo. Most likely cubensis, but without an id its impossible to determine.

Some other species do stain blue - most notably a boletus and a few others in the US. I woudlnt eat these.

here are pics. ive shaded them fro the sun and they have softened up. also strarting to open. have gills. stems look identical to p cubes tassies. just way bigger ha expected. bit of variation in colour of caps. pics here:links correct atm but change as more pi uploaded. if wrong look or in gallery under other mycology 4 pics by me

http://www.shaman-australis.com.au/gallery...?album=13&pos=0

http://www.shaman-australis.com.au/gallery...?album=13&pos=1

http://www.shaman-australis.com.au/gallery...?album=13&pos=2

http://www.shaman-australis.com.au/gallery...?album=13&pos=3

Look at that penis in the first photo!

Oh..it's just a mushroom.

yep id say they are def some bewdiful cubensis...

how exactly did they get there again? u sure u didnt colonise?

bloody bewdiful mate, ur a lucky bugger to get them poppn up in ur grdn.. did u use cow poop in ur soil mix? and what is the white frosting?

peace

***E***

Nice work mate - I enjoyed your gallery very much. They are odd looking, but almost certainly cubensis. Look a bit dehydrated mate.

Mate i wish i lived in a cliamte where they could happen - down here in vic they would struggle

theve dropped spores which are the purpleish brownish black colour as expected. soil is just some cheap potting mix. no compost or dung added. a friend and his gnome visited me and showed me some mushrooms they had while standing near the pot. must have spilt some spore in the process. cos i seriously didnt intentionally innoculate the pot. i wouldnt have bothered with a pot full of potting mix without dung or compost. it really is amazing that they grew. and supprised how big they are. largest has 10cm diameter open cap . hope i get a second flush :)

nice work - i guess youll have a nice evening some time soon then.

gave the pot to my friend to take care of since it came from him. sure he will share though.

even the fore-skin's blue :cool:

Maybe the ground under the pot is being colonised by the cubensis mycellium too, i often notice that mycellium grow well under pots. you may have started a reoccuring patch, good work, and hope they kepe popping up.