The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
marsha

potency cubenis vs subs

what is the difference in potency of australian subs as opposed to cubenis and mexicana?

The cubans and mexicans are funded by cartels?

:D ROFLMAO :D

i love you funny bastards!! :P

Is that the Australian Collins class sub?

hahaha this is going well! just wondering what spores to ummmm wonder about :)

quote:

Is that the Australian Collins class sub?

Possibly a footlong meatball ? :P

But seriuosly check out bluemeanie mycology they have the awnser you are looking for.

mmm meatball sub... i got hooked on these when i was working 2 doors down froma subway for 2 weeks

ROFLMAO

What ever did i used to do before reading this forum?!?!? :confused: :P:P :D

Hmmm... well, if you're like me, you had a life...

And come on, lets give Yowie some info - after all, it's not often people from the Pilbara drop by.

Subs are highly variable, especially between flushes. So you never know quite what you're going to get. Cubensis can also be variable, although most of the difference is between different strains and there is only a bit of variability between flushes for a single culture. In general, subs are seen as being 2-4 times, or around 3 times stronger than cubes.

I don't know much about mexicana.

[ 23. March 2005, 20:12: Message edited by: creach ]

yeah ive been bad lately!

any time i get a pm it emails me and i feel boliged to check all otehr posts

lately ive been checking about 3 times a day!

Someone told me they knew someone who married a person who wasn't a gnome and lived where our laws can't touch them and said that 5g of subs was like 7g of cubes.

Though being a straight laced person with respect for our laws and my fellow man I can't verify this in any way.

:P :D

thanks guys :) i hear eating toadstools is dangerous but they look pretty also has anyone ever seen Gyroporus cyanescens, the blueing bolete i found quite a few growing in the southwest forrests of wa bloody amazing to wach they turn blue instantly when touched or broken.

"Gyroporus cyanescens is a delicious edible mushroom. However, this is contrary to the Bolete Rule, which states that "you can safely eat any bolete EXCEPT ones that turn blue when bruised and/or have a red or orange pore surface." http://botit.botany.wisc.edu/toms_fungi/j2003alt.html

[ 24. March 2005, 03:22: Message edited by: YoWiE ]

i find this to have been helpful when it comes to which can and cannot be eaten healthwise.

http://bugs.bio.usyd.edu.au/Mycology/Anima...inSymptoms.html

EDIT:-Not that i eat them, only the LEGAL ones

[ 24. March 2005, 05:11: Message edited by: Amulte ]

alot of the toxins in mushrooms break down if cooked throughly... but a good guide should tell u that

like slipery jacks i think give you a bit of a crook gut if not cooked properly (could b wrong on that 1)

and some are only bad to certain people... some are only bad when u mix it with something else like alcohol

theres a mushroom that if you ingest alcohol within 24hrs of it you get violently ill... otherwise its fine

my brother wants to invite people over for dinner with this mushroom and then offer beer/wine at the end (minus himself obviously)

Smogs - this is all hypothetically ofcourse, but does that mean some toxic ones could be ingested if prepared correctly? wow. i guess heat for eg is a ..for got the word but it starts a chemical reaction between to existing chems, then reaction and decomposition?

it makes sense sort of but without prior knowledge of which can and cant, i would think it to be sensible. though i am quite far from that :D but yeah a little scarry

they get denatured... heat fucks up the structure so it doesnt inetract the same way anymore... eitehr that or heat provides energy for it to react with something else? like it oxidises or something

but thats not for all toxic mushrooms... also i owuldnt recomend it... you would probably end up eitehr feeling a bit sick or with heavily over cooked mushrooms that are practically charcoal (i would end up with the latter)

heh heh but there are some that are are fine just from a light fry in the pan... otehrwise they give you stomach cramps and diorhea

THIS DOES NOT MEAN IF U COOK TOXIC MUSHROOMS YOU CAN EAT THEM! some of them cooking has no effect on toxicity

correction - slipperies always give me shokcing guts...

Anywayz - subs are comparable to Ps.cyanescens which are the most potent Psilocybes in the world. Cubensis are generally one of the weakest Psilocybes. Mexicanna are slightly more potent than cubies, but still quite low.

I look at it this way:

Woodlovers are the most potent, grasslovers the middle and dung are the weakest.

Then ofcourse, panaeolus are more potent than most grasslovers, so that confuses things - but if it grows on wood its usually around 4 times more potent than cubies.

BM what chemical differences are there in the profile of actives that would confirm reports of mexicana's mild mannered effects compared to cubes and then onto the other side with subs/azures?

Depends who you ask - Some people say its the lesser trytophan conversions that give it unique flavour, but im more along the belief that its the source of the L-trytophan (spelling?) that gives it a different feel.??

I was under the impression that Panaeolus/ [Copelandia] cyanescens has been found to contain the most (2.95%) followed closely by Psilocybe azurescens (~2.5%), and Psilocybe semilanceata holds the highest average potency (~1%).

I still think 1.93% for a sub is pretty bloody good.

Then again, potency is not always everything to everyone i.e. size, quality & availability have their merits too

YoWiE:

hahaha this is going well! just wondering what spores to ummmm wonder about   :)  

Well i find wondering about psilocybe cubensis spores to be easier on the mind for a beginner to wonder about.

Then after thoroughly thinking about cubensis a few times, one could move on to wonder about other things like an outdoor patch of azures. But all that wondering isn't easy.

Actually the highest known recording of psilocin/psilocybin maxima was from Psilocybe arcana, closely followed by Ps.cyanescens and Ps.azurscens. Many of these are around 2%-3% - subs are about the same.

The highest from a panaeolus species was around 0.7% psilocin and 0.1% psilocybin or the other way around, i cant remember.