The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
SunChaser

exacting Psilocybin

Isn't there something about peeling the skin off and drying them ? Not sure where i read this , so it could be crap.

RACIST!

2b:

Isn't there something about peeling the skin off and drying them ? Not sure where i read this , so it could be crap.

Maybe you're thinking of banana skins LOL(the old anarchist's cookbook)

I have read the same about fly agaric but local sources at the time couldn't confirm this...maybe it was the toad-skin not the toad-stool they meant? Same actives apparently so it could be possible.

or peanut skins? :D

no, it is possible to dry & then peel the "skin" off the top ov the aminita, though i don't know if the skin contains the actives.

the aminita needs to be dry, the active ingredient is inactive until it's dried.

also i believe the content ov the active ingredient can vary massively between shrooms--even ones growing right next to each other.

from 3 attempts at usage, 1 made violently sick, 1 did nothing & 1 combined w/an equal weight ov cubes gave the most intense shroom trip ever.

the vikings that used to take it before battle were called the "beserkers"

look here

nabraxas:

from 3 attempts at usage, 1 made violently sick, 1 did nothing & 1 combined w/an equal weight ov cubes gave the most intense shroom trip ever.

likewise. I recall a particularly intense trip of wild cubies and some amanita 'jerky' supplied to me at an unamed event.

it may have been coincidence or whatever but that was up there with the most intense ever trips

What you want to do is cook them in the oven peel the skin off, and smoke it you'll end up getting interesting effects from that. Very differnt to eating them anyway!!!!!!!!!!(The skin is the most potent part of the Fly Agaric) :D :D :D

quote:

it has been well documented in certain cultures (too tired to remember which ones at the moment) where the upper classes would eat the mushroom and lower classes would drink their urine and have just as an intense (if not more so) experience

i believe it was for aminitas? but im sure it works just the same

No it wouldn't, completetly different actives (or were you joking?). Also, I thought it was the lower classes eating the mushrooms and the upper classes drinking the piss, as the body filtered out some of the more toxic crap (or some such).

quote:

I thought I read on CCLE that 70% ethanol was the way to go. Pure ethanol wasn't that great but diluted back it worked a treat.

There's different methods, depending on your budget and what you want to extract. Methanol is better for extracting the more stable psilocybin, while an ethanol/water mix is better for getting out the psilocin.

What about heat stability? An extraction of mushrooms would involve presumably hot solvent, just how heat stable is psilocybin.

Wouldn't a chemist be degrading the psilo as he/she was extracting it?