The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
SunChaser

exacting Psilocybin

I know a gnome who has been hunting mushrooms for a while now and wants to start exacting the Psilocybin.

I read on erowid that this can be done with pure Metanol, knowing nothing about chemicals I was wondering if any one could tell me about where my gnome can get Metanol from and if it is legal to purchase.

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but I need to Know since Mushroom season is about a month away

just say for instance that you typed 'methanol' or 'psilocybin' into the search engine of this site. i suspect you could be doing a lot of reading, if the list is too long maybe get your gnome to read some of it as well.

Hi Jabez,

there are quite a few chem suppliers around Melbourne i.e. Biolab (try yellow pages) that will be able to help with your request.

No permits are required for the purchase of Methanol, however ethanol does require a permit.

Some suppliers will require you to start an account with them, may request ID or have a minimum purchase amount i.e. $200 with Biolab (which is apparently somewhat flexible).

Methanol from chem suppliers is generally expensive, a more economical source may be racing fuel (although I am unsure of purity) so it may pay to browse the yellow pages under, erm... revheads perhaps.

Hope this has helped.

search before you ask questions

there was a huge write up about this earlier by someone with a very detailed proceedure

to outline it(from memory which is hazy) but you use strong vodka... and boil so its super saturated and then let it evap slowly... something like that

anyways you can always use methylated spirits.. thats 5% methanol and 95% ethanol (plus some otehr nasty stuff to make it hard to distil and make u sick)

Thanks for that but I think I'd rather stick to the expensive pure Metanol :)

I dont want to kill myself (racing fuel)

oh for heavens sake...

as far as consumption goes it don't matter what the substance used is--methanol, ethanol or cyanide.

the process is dissolving the psilocybin in warm methanol, then extracting the psilocybin by cooling the methanol so the psilocybin wont stay dissolved but crystalises out, you then collect & wash the crystals---you DO NOT end up consuming any ov the substance used to collect the psilocybin.

I thought I read on CCLE that 70% ethanol was the way to go. Pure ethanol wasn't that great but diluted back it worked a treat.

i know a gmone who uses extraction enthanol. most grow shops have it in small or bulk. 98%ethanol 1%camomile oil 1% almond oil. saturate then evaporate and it should bond to the oil. methanol is toxic, but then everything is. carbon is carcnogenic and we are carbon based life. gotta love it :D

i know that u wouldnt consume enough of the methanol.. my point was that there was no diff between this and racing fuel

:)

I know a gnome who uses human saliva and a masticatory action...

works a treat no waste no nasties. :rolleyes:

Also, the judge will give you a lot more trouble if you're extracting the stuff and get caught.

given the amount of info out there on the web

and the ease of cultivation of mycelium

or even the collection of volumes of fruitbodies

If extraction was THAT simple

wed have seen pure psilo on the street

and yet we dont...

that suggests to me it aint that simple

prove me wrong by all means

BP methanol is good enough for any crude extract on herbs use the same ol' evap to see it it leaves residue trick u use on all solvents

quote:

If extraction was THAT simple, wed have seen pure psilo on the street

and yet we dont...

Um i could have been lied to but years ago when i was 14 a gnome came across a crystal called "Angel dust", the dude told the gnome that it was psile spp boiled down then strained and the liquid evaped. well the gnome smoked the crystals and yeah, angels and demons and all kinds of shit (gotta love when that happens, like takin MG in Morning, makes a good read). never saw it again, i was in a bush town ater all. could of been somthing else but felt like the MM's

[ 22. March 2005, 06:50: Message edited by: Amulte ]

Guest electro

wasnt angel dust slang for pcp a few years back ?

Angel dust is slang for PCP.

Which is very hard to find anywhere, as far as I'm aware.

I believe some gangs in specific parts of the US use it to fund their operations, but outside those areas, I wasn't aware it was available.

Look at the wikipedia entry for PCP, also the DEA site on PCP.

A representative sample of 2 to 10g of dried mushrooms is ground to a fine powder by mortar and pestle. The powder is mixed with 100 mL of dilute acetic acid in a 250-mL beaker. The pH is readjusted to pH 4 with glacial acetic acid. After standing 1 h, the beaker is placed in a boiling water bath for 8 to 10 min or until the internal temperature of the acid mixture reaches 70°C. The beaker is removed and cooled to room temperature under running water. The acid mixture is separated from the mushroom powder by suction filtration using glass wool. The filtrate is brought to pH 8 with concentrated ammonium hydroxide and quickly extracted with two 50-mL portions of diethyl ether. Gentle mixing instead of shaking should be used to prevent an emulsion. The ether is dried over sodium sulfate, filtered, and evaporated under nitrogen with no applied heat.

Crude psilocin will appear as a greenish residue. Recrystallization from chloroform/heptane (1:3) yields white crystals. The resulting powder can then be submitted to infrared and mass spectral analyses.

http://12.162.180.114/dcd/chemistry/psilo-tlc.txt

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mus..._journal1.shtml

http://12.162.180.114/dcd/chemistry/psiloc...extraction.html

mescalito:

I know a gnome who uses human saliva and a masticatory action...

works a treat no waste no nasties.   :rolleyes:  

chortle. sounds complicated, could u post a tek?

that sounds like alot of work for something you only need a relatively small dose for anyway!

making crystals would make it super ahrd to dose unless u used a filler anyways

That's a "mastiCatory" action WD :P

Anyways I'm sure we only metabolise like 40% of the psilocybin so then where's the other 60%?

You guessed it...evaporate your morning-after pee for the next session!

[ 22. March 2005, 22:00: Message edited by: mescalito ]

Shit, i never knew that gnome had done pcp years ago. it was 14 so im sure they couldnt arrest him now, could they? lol like to see em try but nahh. shit!

no wonder i never saw it again and was gone for like 36 hours. shit

but um yeah, back to topic - my ancient history teacher told me that the vikings used to eat which ever mushroom was their native, trip, then pill into their tankard to get a second wind. also i might add that many cultures drink their own urine. you can even get tablets. all urine is is the vitamins and minerals (and other shit) that the body cannot process or store all of. so, with that in mind, i know first hand it works from the days back in the bush.

try it somtime, just do it fast, dont think about it and dont let it get cold. dont be surprised if you threw up, good old mental conditioning.

but if 60% is in urine wouldn't you be able to do a pure piss extract? :confused: ?

Edited to protect ME!

[ 23. March 2005, 08:26: Message edited by: Amulte ]

it has been well documented in certain cultures (too tired to remember which ones at the moment) where the upper classes would eat the mushroom and lower classes would drink their urine and have just as an intense (if not more so) experience

i believe it was for aminitas? but im sure it works just the same

i wonder what snorting the crystals would do for you? probably a world of good :)

ROFLMAO

Hypothetically you'd have to cut it through with glucose and ether for bonding.

LOL or (hypothetically) you could cook it through with the ol baking soda. PsiloCrack! ROFLMAO

i need sleep :P

[ 24. March 2005, 05:19: Message edited by: Amulte ]

Quote;

it has been well documented in certain cultures (too tired to remember which ones at the moment) where the upper classes would eat the mushroom and lower classes would drink their urine and have just as an intense (if not more so) experience

It was the Siberian nomads, Fly Agaric (Amanita muscaria).

And the Vikings Apparently used to eat it to pump them up for war. I've eaten this Mushroom plenty of times and it's only ever properly worked once. I’m talking full visual hallucinations like they were really there, like I said in a past post it must be an art to prepare these mushrooms. I have also heard that it cames down to location and season, most of the time the Fly Agaric will just make you violently sick!!