The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

One for bee

AFOAF has some 1,4b that he/ she wants to part with.

Asking about $3/ ml is this a reasonable price?

(please don't reply here)

What exactly IS 1,4b ? :confused:

[ 10. March 2004, 18:30: Message edited by: mescalito ]

why not mention our opinions as to what's reasonable here?

(whoops, double post. see below)

[ 03. March 2004, 14:59: Message edited by: Dazd ]

For those unaware, 1,4B is nasty shite! It can fuck your body up really badly! Not to mention your brain!! (It cleans monitors & CD's really well though)

$3/mL?? Are you kidding??

Even the AR grade 1,4B retails for under $50 for a litre (which makes up 8 litres). So that works out to be just over HALF A CENT per mL.

Thats a lot of inflation, my friend.

Now thats the AR grade stuff. The stuff that goes around at parties is INDUSTRIAL grade, which is a damn sight nastier than the AR.

ANYONE can still order this from chemical supply companies. Despite the apparent change in ruling, i rang many supply places and all companies were happy to supply me with it and it is NOT a watched chemical, nor could i be incriminated for ordering it.

Yes, it is damn effective, but be prepared to lose your mind/health if using continually.

My point being: It is too cheap to start off with, i cant believe what ppl are charging for it. After all, it isnt illegal.

:mad:

Even the AR grade 1,4B retails for under $50 for a litre (which makes up 8 litres). So that works out to be just over HALF A CENT per mL.

Thats a lot of inflation, my friend

I think Adrian was talking about the concentrated stuff.

Now I have seen people seemingly addicted to the stuff, and daily or more often consumption will doubtlessly be dangerous...

as in my case, 1 litre diluted lasts me 6 months or so, I only take it every now and then say once a week, and on that basis it's a good tool, especially when you feel listless and drained or had a sleeping tablet the night before and can't wake up...

same as always: just because some people can't handle it it doesn't have to be bad...

oh by the way:

Since this supposed to be a non-discussion-forum, perhaps Torsten could move the thread elsewhere?

Beaker:

This stuff will give you cancer!

as a user of 14b this is a bit worrying(then again alcohol is a proven carcinogen too)but in a toxicology report for 1,4-butanediol it says:

This summary report presents a review of the current literature which documents that both 1,4-butanediol and g-butyrolactone are rapidly metabolized to g-hydroxybutyric acid, and the pharmacologic and toxicologic responses to these chemicals are due to their metabolic conversion to g-hydroxybutyric acid. Because the toxicity and carcinogenicity of g-hydroxybutyric acid was fully evaluated in the NTP studies of g-butyrolactone, and a lack of organ-specific toxicity or carcinogenic potential was demonstrated, it is concluded that there is a high likelihood that 1,4-butanediol would be negative in a similar set of studies. For these reasons, it is the opinion of the NTP that 1,4-butanediol should be considered not carcinogenic in animals and no further evaluation of 1,4-butanediol is needed at this time.

http://ntp-server.niehs.nih.gov/htdocs/ST-...ies/TOX054.html

the other studies suggesting it's carcinogenic are for 1,4-butanediol dimethanesulphonate which is some sort of prescription drug???

i agree with dazd, take it day in day out and it'll mess you good. i went through a phase where i did it constantly and i don't consider it to be a good recreational drug. but i think it's true value lies as a sleeping aid, there ain't nothing quite like it

Dazd wrote:

For those unaware, 1,4B is nasty shite!

What a wonderfully informed statement. Where did you get your info from, that rocket scientist murple? or maybe the herald sun or some shit.

It can fuck your body up really badly! Not to mention your brain!!

Sez who? You? Speaking from experience or just throwing around bullshit. My spine sometimes bleeds on lSD too, there that was heaps easy to say. My brain and body are in fairly good nick, if you saw the amount of 1,4 that my crew plowed through on a weekly basis you would be horrified, and there all in fucken pretty good nick too.

(It cleans monitors & CD's really well though)

Ok now I know you are full of shit. Have you ever tried to clean a monitor or CD with 1,4B or just throwing around stupid statements? Guess what, it aint good for cleaning shit. 1,4B is the last thing I would clean my CD's with. Do you even know the history behind the whole CD cleaner thing?

$3/mL?? Are you kidding??

In melbourne ravers are more than prepared to pay $7/ml for "G", most pay around $3 or $4. Hella lotta 1,4 pumps through the melbourne rave scene.

And as far as not being incriminating for ordering it, I wouldn't mind putting you onto a forum member here who had his house videotaped by the police for several weeks and then raided for something similar or maybe I could put you onto another mate of mine who had some nasty visitors on his doorstep. Fact is the police DO know about it, so do the TGA, it's been around long enough now and it's no fucken secret, the police know exactly whats going on.

Beaker Wrote:

1 important thing that I would like to add is...

This stuff will give you cancer!

Wow thats one of like my all time favorite statements. "This stuff will give you cancer!!" "Hey buddy dont do that itll give you cancer!!" Never mind that the chemical you provided links too has NOTHING to do with 1,4 butanediol.

1,4-Butanediol Dimethanesulphonate is not 1,4 butanediol. It's like saying "hey dont sprinkle sodium on your chips!!! My mate uses sodium hydroxide to unblock drains!!!!"

It's been well documented that 1,4B isnt carcinogenic, it's been argued here plenty of times too already yawn yawn etc etc

1,4 butanediol can be a very usefull tool, especially when working 2 jobs and you need a quick 3 hour sleep in between changing jobs etc, it's great landing gear for LSD, great for taking the edge off comedowns, has some profound effects with ketamine, the ultimate bedroom tool/aphrodisiac, great for prolonging orgasms etc etc

Now as far as this whole thread goes......

Fuck Adrian, you are supposed to be a moderator here. Now I am the fucken king of innapropriate posts but this Mafucker I find to be real innapropriate. You know you shouldnt be doing this, you should delete this thread.

Big thumbs down here man, as a moderator this is exactly the sort of thing you are supposed to be cleaning up, not starting.

have a good think dude.

CS

the validity of this thread comes down to whether 14B is legal or not. I have not seen any law that makes it illegal, however I have also not done a lot of research into this material. I would presume it is not covered under the GHB analogs laws (although, thinkign about it I might be wrong) , so to be illegal it would have to be listed under it's own name.

Whether or not police do surveillance on someone has little to do with the legality of this stuff. In their mind, people who use 14B also use GHB or other drugs and hence are targets... especially if they have the guts/lack of brains to order from a chem supply company.

I would be interested in the CD cleaner story though. These things often disappear into obscurity after a few years.

[ 05. March 2004, 17:37: Message edited by: Torsten ]

Chemical Shaman,

For those unaware, 1,4B is nasty shite!

Nah mate, that statement comes from personal experience. Sorry i didnt jazz it up with flash words that make me look good

It can fuck your body up really badly! Not to mention your brain!!

Speaking from experience, oh, and the two or three friends who were taken to hospital that nearly died, oh, and the friends i know still dealing with anxiety brought on by continual 14b usage. You think youre invincible to it? Your time will come. Let me know in 10 years

(It cleans monitors & CD's really well though)

hehe, yeah i just chucked that one in. check out what some companies secretly sell 1,4b as:

http://remover.netfirms.com/ :P

In melbourne ravers are more than prepared to pay $7/ml for "G", most pay around $3 or $4. Hella lotta 1,4 pumps through the melbourne rave scene.

Well, that depends on whether the goal is to become a careless drug dealer selling to kids, or whether you are here to exchange with ppl with a actual ethnobotanical interest. (what plant does 1,4b come from again) :rolleyes:

Fact is the police DO know about it, so do the TGA, it's been around long enough now and it's no fucken secret, the police know exactly whats going on.

Well dirrr.

It depends whether you are planning to oder one bottle, or enough to supply the "Melbourne Rave scene" as to how much interest from authorities you attract.

If you ordered a bottle for personal use and had legitimate uses for it, and arnt selling it to others, i cant see how one could end up on the wrong side of the law.

1,4 butanediol can be a very usefull tool, especially when working 2 jobs and you need a quick 3 hour sleep in between changing jobs etc, it's great landing gear for LSD, great for taking the edge off comedowns, has some profound effects with ketamine, the ultimate bedroom tool/aphrodisiac, great for prolonging orgasms etc etc

I wont argue with any points there mate hehe.

Yes, it has some great points. Some effects i cant get from anything else, BUT Im no drug nazi, ive honestly seen a lot of fucked up bodies/minds from this stuff. I find it useless as a sleeping tool, yeah itl knock you out, but i just wake up after an hour or two feeling groggy and need more to get back asleep. Try valerian or kava for sound sleeping.

Anyway, WTF does 1,4B have to do with ethnobotanical interest. (apart from getting off ones face) Next we'll be discussing crack

No hard feelings CS, I just have some first-hand experience on this one.

[ 06. March 2004, 07:44: Message edited by: Dazd ]

Hella lotta 1,4 pumps through the melbourne rave scene.

Appearantly so...

it was just on the news:

"Bad batch of drugs"

"grievous bodily harm very nasty drug"

etc etc... of course the news reporters don't know what they're talking about but the police seemed pretty upset

http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/comm...255E953,00.html

"You may feel good with 3 ml, but very bad with 4 ml" which even sounds believable.

Just thought I'd mention this..

perhaps they will look at illegalizing it soon...

With 1,4,b right dosage is the most important thing!

[ 08. March 2004, 12:32: Message edited by: gomaos ]

WARNING!!!

Dont drink this stuff pure!!!!!!!!

Mix one part with at least 5 parts water.

I know many people who have lost their voices for a few days from drinking pure, also as Gomaos mentioned, dosage is very important and its so much easier to not fuck up if it is watered down.

Throat swelling and irritation is still very common with drinking this over a few days (mixed down or not).

Anyone with any scientific info on throat problems and 1,4B please post. Also any anecdotal evidence. It would be good to see more info on this, given that it hasnt been tested for human consumption, only contact in the workplace etc.

I have a full text article from NEJM on the unpleasant effects of 1,4b taken in industrial concentration and "supplement" form for bodybuilding, depression, recreation etc.

The article discusses 9 case studies of overdoses and subsequent treatement.

Anyonne who wants this in PDF PM me with email. 107kb

Um hello out there? could the mere fact that this is ALL OVER the newspapers, television, internet etc like a mafucker quite possibly be reason enough to get this thread deleted????

There are some here who believe that the media AND the police frequently patrol these forums, I however am not one of these people but this post should not be here. There is so much attention focussed on this drug, I hardly think it's appropriate to offer if up for sale in full view of the public right here. Sure discuss it as much as you want but putting up a for sale ad???? ummm yeah.

I was sitting at home the monday morning after two tribes when this shit was plastered all over the t.v. I was furious as a mafucker, and not just because they kept saying "GBH Grievous Bodily Harm" but because I am so sick of fuckwit ravers that go out and push their limits and blow out in public. Every time we have a party at my work we get 6 or 7 blowouts in a night, which means 6 ambulance call outs etc. I've even had mates blow out at my work and it is fucking disgraceful and embarrassing. I wish more than anything that this drug never made it's way into the melbourne rave scene the way it did, people have enough trouble looking after themselves as it is with regular drugs.

I called my friends as soon as i saw the news and they were all coming down at a mates house, one of them had given an interview with the herald sun, this made me mad, one of them was in the Alfred hospital, this made me fucking furious. I hate this shit and I hate stupid people.

This thread belongs here as much as toms mum belongs in church on sundays.

Now with regards to the throat problem. I only ever use pure, undiluted. I measure it with a 3ml plunger. The most I ever have is 2.5ml, if I have 3ml or more that's pretty close to a blowout dose. When I started using pure indiluted I noticed the same sore throat problems, I would just squirt it into my mouth and then chase it. It didn't take me long to realise that it was my technique that was the problem, so here's what I came up with.

Load up your plunger with 2.5ml, take a sip of your drink (juice is best) so that your mouth is full, then inject the 2.5 ml into your mouth as you swallow the mouthfull of drink, you wont even taste it. Now chase it with another mouthful for good measure.

No more throat problems. I've been using this method for over a year and havent had any problems with my throat.

So yeah, what else is for sale here guys?? how bout some smack or some coke!! yeah anyonme?!

Ya mafuckers!

CS is on the mark, i reckon this post has to go too. A few fucked up ravers in the media is all it takes to ruin it for everyone.

Good ol' orange juice-vitamin c. what a great way to counter any throat encounters :)

oh yeah,

FOR SALE: lots of crack i got off Y'alls mommas. Its goin real cheap. email: [email protected] for lots of crack :D

Edit/Delete Post

Delete

Edit Post

Done

I had another look at the laws and it seems 1,4 B is not scheduled directly. However, it WOULD fall under the analogs clause in terms of both structure and effect. So it seems that the first post should have never been made in the first place.

However, there is a healthy discussion here and deleting the first post will delete the whole thread. Editing it would preserve the thread while removing the dodgy bits. I'll leave it up to Ramon and Adrian to decide how to handle this.

I will however delete the original thread in the trade list.

Torsten, I'm pretty sure there's no analogue drug clause that relates to analogous 'effect'; either federally, or any state in Australia.

[ 11. March 2004, 01:54: Message edited by: Thelema ]

i hope im not doing the wrong thing here as i didnt see 1,4-b on the restricted list, but this stuff really helps me sleep, esp now that im trying to quit pot. can anyone hook me up with some? please? im sick of the twitches, im sick of not having energy, im sick how i feel when i dont have a cone to go to bed, i had some of this a week or two ago and slept great and felt great the next day.

sorry to sound so pathetic, but pot has me well and truely by the balls, and my last deal is soon to run out!

%simon

hey simon, have you ever tried Kava Kava? Weed and alcohol don't help me to sleep any better but kava does :cool:

yeah definately try natural alternatives before going for chemicals, there should be lots of posts here and at ethnobotany-aus. about sleeping aids. just have a search around.

Kava works really well though, as narayan said.

[ 12. March 2004, 06:43: Message edited by: gerbil ]