The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brokenman

Ordering from SAB

Im starting to get worried...I sent my cash and order off ages ago. How long does it usually take for people to get there orders? I posted mine over a month ago, and i live in sydney, so it's not that far away...

we are just catching up on a late batch of orders. The oldest one is from the 10th of May I think, so yeah, it's been a busy month (but not more). The sheer quantity and the fact that mandragora is sick means they won't all go out this week (but most of them will).

thanks for everyone's patience.

Don't worry, my last order took 5 weeks, and I almost forgot about it until it arrived :D

My most recent order is 3.5 weeks so far, and I'm not worried one bit, SAB are reliable.

Jon

Guest electro

brokenman:

as i understand it, sab operates on almost no margin... essentially it simply covers its costs and acts as a distribution service to help us and ther plants ..

with that being said, no they arent fast (no aus ethno site is) , but speed shoudlnt be expected of people not making money from it ... what sab is though, is reliable .. i have never had an order go missing in almost 4 years, which is a hell of alot better than most profit making companies that you deal with ...

i usually allow 10 weeks ... sometimes it comes alot quicker .. but allow 10 weeks before you even think about worrying :) ...

[ 17. June 2004, 15:15: Message edited by: electro ]

Originally posted by electro:

i usually allow 10 weeks ... sometimes it comes alot quicker .. but allow 10 weeks before you even think about worrying :) ...

Awww, come one, we're not THAT bad!!!

Seriously, we try to do order every two weeks. They then take a few days to finish and then we do the next batch a little while later. Sometimes I get distracted, go on a trip or just don't get around to starting the process, so orders might sit here for a week or two before getting entered into the system. But I don't think ANY order this year has sat here for more than 3 weeks without being processed in one form or another.

Sometimes plant orders are delayed by a week too for various reasons. Other times there are just too many orders to get them all done in a week. But the bulk (>95%) of all orders leaves here within about 2 weeks of receiving them (except in Feb and in June, where it was 3 weeks).

There are plenty of orders that get delivered in a matter of a few days, but you don't hear them complaining

Anyone who orders by credit card a couple of days before we process a batch will basically get his order in less than a week all up.

So yeah, some orders can be slow, but 10 weeks is a bit much.

I should also point out that time guesstimates in regards to orders appear to be almost always double of reality. You see, all orders have a time/date stamp on them and most of the time when people complain that something is 3 months overdue I then find out it was actually less than a month (btw, that exaggeration makes it difficult for me to trace the order sometimes).

There are some changes coming to the mailorder side of things, and I hope they will streamline things a bit. We will be selling a lot more plants and have just developed a new posting system which we will trial in a couple of weeks.

Guest electro

Awww, come one, we're not THAT bad!!!

LOL i wasnt sayin its bad ...

i personally love the service i get from you guys .. im going to have to wait 3 years for a plant to grow to semi maturity anyhow, so i dont really care if it arrives in 2 weeks or ten, so long as it arrives and its happy when it gets here ...

100% of my orders from sab have arrived, and ALL plants have been extremly happy when they have arrived ... i dont know what more anyone could ask for ..

"But I don't think ANY order this year has sat here for more than 3 weeks without being processed in one form or another."

yea.. i think its the po around here that is slow rathere than you guys .. :)

perhaps a 15-20$ surcharge for people requiring speedy service??? for people who for whatever reason ish for delivery within 2 weeks from date of order?

i know this isnt an option for most people, but in some cases id prefer to pay the 20$ and have whatever it is arrive within 2 weeks of ordering...

just a thought.

***E***

one of the main problems is that we are sometimes not here or available for a week or two, so even a surcharge won't help. However, there have been some changes in the way we process orders and this should make for much faster delivery in *most* cases.

heheh its quite funny, after reading this post again i realise that not only:

1- ive never ordered anything from sab (soon to change)

2- im also one of the slackest and slowest traders at times, and at others will have the trade in the mail within an hour of making a deal... :rolleyes:

god we humans really are controlled by our monkey minds arent we :D

Wrote something on monkeys but after reading seemed a little out of context :D

Orders have all been good in fact T was going to send a replacement for a lost order then the original plant arrived!

[ 28. July 2004, 05:13: Message edited by: mescalito ]