The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

Avian Flu & Tamiflu supply

It still seems possible to me that nature is just 'thinning the herd' Alfred Sauvy wrote a great book on the subject, see below. If this is a natural fate , then if we are strong we should not be concerned for our own fate.

Alfred Sauvy.

FERTILITY AND SURVIVAL.

THE THREE FATES OF EXCESS AND MORTALITY.

Animal excess mortality occurs in three ways: famine, epidemics, and violent death from the action of another species.

Famine is the most logical effect of the environment’s resistance .It is a simple passive resistance .The environment refuses to yield anything more, therefore the quantity of substances taken from it by the species is enough to support only a certain number of individuals.

Epidemic illness is an accidental event which may appear quite unrelated to this equilibrium of species versus environment. But epidemics spread more easily when the species has multiplied first because of the simple fact of number and density, and second because under-nourished individuals offer less resistance to the illness.

Even more purely accidental these epidemics counter-balance the multiplication of the species and help to maintain the species in a certain zone.

As for the violent death from the action of another species, this is an active resistance of the environment.

EPIDEMICS.

We are nowadays upset by a gentle epidemic of influenza, or by a surge of poliomyelitis which causes fifty deaths, and we may find it difficult to imagine the ravages caused by epidemics in the ‘natural’ epoch.

Even with out putting too much trust in the death figures quoted by the chroniclers of the time, we never the less find death rates that are far higher than anything we have seen in contemporary times , including the years of war. During the black plaque of 1348 many regions and localities lost a third of their population.

This evil, ‘ that can enrich Acheron in one day’ , was often called the plague though no doubt it was often, strictly speaking , many different things. The devastation was so intense that one wonders how the human race avoided total extinction. The fact is that epidemics, like fires, always died out in the end, when the population had thinned out and the survivors had become more or less immune to illness. But they also spread more rapidly inasmuch as the under-nourished population offered less resistance to them.

crap! things just got a whole lot worse.....

-----------------------------------------

Bird Flu Virus Resistant to Tamiflu

By MALCOLM RITTER, AP Science Writer

Bird flu virus found in a Vietnamese girl was resistant to the main drug that's being stockpiled in case of a pandemic, a sign that it's important to keep a second drug on hand as well, a researcher said Friday.

He said the finding was no reason to panic.

The drug in question, Tamiflu, still attacks "the vast majority of the viruses out there," said Yoshihiro Kawaoka of the University of Tokyo and the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The drug, produced by Swiss-based Roche Holding AG, is in short supply as nations around the world try to stock up on it in case of a global flu pandemic.

Kawaoka said the case of resistant virus in the 14-year-old girl is "only one case, and whether that condition was something unique we don't know."

He also said it's not surprising to see some resistance to Tamiflu in treated individuals, because resistance has also been seen with human flu.

In lab tests, the girl's Tamiflu-resistant virus was susceptible to another drug, Relenza, which is made by GlaxoSmithKline.

Kawaoka and colleagues report the case in the Oct. 20 issue of the journal Nature, which released the study Friday. The researchers conclude that it might be useful to stockpile Relenza as well as Tamiflu.

There's no evidence that so-called H5N1 viruses — like the one recovered from the girl — are becoming generally resistant to the class of drugs that includes Tamiflu, the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Friday.

Both Tamiflu and Relenza are being stockpiled by the U.S. government. Doctors have good reason to believe Tamiflu would be effective at combatting a pandemic strain of bird flu, although it's not clear how long people would have to be treated or what doses they'd need, said Dr. John Treanor of the University of Rochester.

In adults with mild cases of ordinary flu, Tamiflu speeds up recovery by a day or two, he said. Its effect on severe flu like bird flu isn't clear, he said.

The new report, while not surprising, shows scientists must find out more about how people with bird flu respond to Tamiflu and how often they shed drug-resistant virus, he said.

The shed virus could become a problem if it is transmitted to other people, he said. He noted that in the new report, as in prior studies, the resistant virus was less able to reproduce itself than normal virus was, which might cut down on the chance of transmission.

The girl, who had been caring for an older brother with the disease, had been taking low doses of Tamiflu as a preventive measure when the virus was isolated in late February. She later got sick and was given higher doses. She recovered and left the hospital in March.

Kawaoka said it's not clear whether the low preventive dose had encouraged the emergence of drug resistance.

Dr. William Schaffner of Vanderbilt University called the report important and said it shows the importance of watching for drug resistance.

"It is not unusual to find the occasional resistant virus," he said. "It could be just a biological oddity, or we could see this more frequently.

"This is a blip on the radar screen, and it surely does mean that we have to keep the radar operative," Schaffner said. "We have to keep testing more viruses."

This is a worry , but i could never understand why the Biota , Australian developed product Relenza wasn't being stockpiled in the first place ? Maybe it was something to do with availability , I'm not sure but I am sure that if you thought Biota has had a good run on the ASX over the last few weeks it's going to get a whole lot better now.

I think the problem with relenza is that there are already several strains of human flu that are resistant, so it was thought that if avian flu combines with one of these it is likely to be resitant too.

What worries me is that so many people on Tamiflu are carelessly being exposed to avian flu and hence increasing the likelyhood of resistance. It's even been used on poultry itself!!! As if we have not learnt any lessons from the antibiotics dramas :rolleyes:

I am doing my bit by not having any kids. Even if I was to have kids I would not have more than one. What shits me is all these hypocrite hippies and enviromentalists who feel they need to reproduce to pass on their wisdom to 3 or more sprogs :angry:

Many people criticise religions for population growth, but at least religious people are honest about their selfish goal (producing as many religious offspring as possible).

hypocrite hippies and enviromentalists,

You hit the nail on the head there mate, If I feel that my life would be pointless without more than one kid I plan to adopt.

What’s a surprise it that on the other end of the scale the “environmentally unconcerned” commercially driven individuals that strive for power/possessions ect.. are having less kids, later in life, as they chase careers.

What about China's one child policy ? A real proactive step IMHO, but it has coped some criticism from human rights, well what going to happen when humanity finally eats up all “free” resources and has to fight for what little is left ? :uzi::(

I Sorry, for getting SO worked up, but I thought I was the only one with such unpopular views on “hypocrite hippies and environmentalists”. The amount of ppl I’ve pissed off with voicing that view.... so its refreshing to hear someone else stand up and say it!

I like hippies and environmentalists. But I also hate hypocrites, and being an environmentalist or hippie does not make up for being a hypocrite. It is interesting though as you point out that some of the most maligned members of our society actually end up with a lower environmental footprint than some of those who are supposedly conscious about the environment.

One thing that is rarely factored into footprint is proliferation. Strangely, when we deal with animal models then population and proliferation is one of the main aspects of sustainability, but when we apply the concept to humans then breeding is often ignored. Hence, a couple with 2 kids will over 2 generations use twice as many resources as a non-breeding couple. And to Gaia it makes no difference what continent they are on. Over consecutive generations this increase exponentially and hence out of control.

I am not a great supporter of forced one child policy. I believe that economic incentives and child privilege trading would be less traumatic for the society. Furthermore, I am not sure that having a generation fo kids that doesn't understand the concept of siblings is all that healthy. There are other ways to achieve negative population growth and these should be tried first, especially in countries that can afford them. However, I fully agree that negative population growth is the only way to go forward sustainably. This should be an international policy though to make it workable. And that would require the elimination (or at least a major change of mind) of the major religions.

In the near future breeding will become a privilege only allowed for those who can proove that they are adding something beneficial to the genepool. Having kids in the frivolous manner we are now will not be sustainable.

crap! things just got a whole lot worse.....

-----------------------------------------

Bird Flu Virus Resistant to Tamiflu

Excellent... the prophecy has been fulfilled. Reminds me of the Bhagavad-Gita...

"I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds"

There are other ways to achieve negative population growth and these should be tried first, especially in countries that can afford them.

I fully agree with you Torsten, but these population control methods need not be expensive. HIV/AIDS is already doing a good job, and widespread chemical sterilization would pay for itself after a few generations.

In the near future breeding will become a privilege only allowed for those who can proove that they are adding something beneficial to the genepool. Having kids in the frivolous manner we are now will not be sustainable.

Nah, we're all going to die of bird flu/climate change/starvation/resource wars before any western government creates a system like that. Our governments love breeding because it creates more consumers. By the time things get to the point where a government would consider something like this our civilisation will have crumbled and it will be back to huntin and gatherin.

Bring on the revolution ;).

Aside from that, this idea sounds OK in many ways but I have no doubt that "those who can prove that they are adding something beneficial to the genepool" would be in reality "those who can prove they have enough money".

Australia's reproductive rate is probably quite sustainable (except we are already overpopulated), but there are so many countries where people are forced to create 5 or 10 offspring because there is no old age pension system. Your comment that Gaia doesn't care which continent a child is born on makes some sense but in fact most environmental impacts are either localised, or locality dependent (ie climate change is a global issue but your contribution to it will largely depend on what society you live in).

Note that there are many different environmental impacts - some of them are more a problem in highly/over developed countries (esp. GHGs), some of them are more a problem in the majority world (feeding the 7 kids will always come before conservation and primates are mighty tasty).

And Torsten, go easy on hypocrites. Being environmentally conscious, as you know, requires constant thought and effort about the consequences of one's actions. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but it's not easy living in a society that is entirely structured around consumerism and instant gratification when you value long term benefits over short term ones. For this reason I make compromises. At this point in my life I want/need to live in the city. I can't grow all or much of my own food here, so I have to buy it from a market or shop, which means it was transported using fossil fuels. I try and get as much locally grown stuff as possible, but it's hard. The environmental cost of a single meal is incredible, and if I had to pay for it I woudn't be able to afford to eat. And although I have given up my own car I sometimes still drive or get driven in one, and I usually fly across the country at least once a year. In short, although I have made a lot of effort to make my lifestyle more sustainable, my ecological footprint is still unacceptable, and there isn't much I can do about this in my current situation. Yet I woud still describe myself as an environmentalist - except I find that word too superficial to adequately describe my philosophical and ethical stances on environmental issues. There are certainly hypocrises between my words and actions, and probably your own and those of many other people in similar situations, but I would hope that these are not seen as more important than the positive steps that people such as myself are taking to improve our lives.

Australia's reproductive rate is probably quite sustainable (except we are already overpopulated),
I hear this from time to time but is anyone able to tell me what our population should be ?
my ecological footprint is still unacceptable,

I feel the same way, a big problem that that i feel is becoming more of an issue is the amount of people living on their own. Every house has a light on , a tv on , a stove cooking dinner , a heater heating in the winter. Gone is community , a simple way to have less of an effect is to share , share resources , share lighting , share heating. Short of being self sufficent , you will never be able to cut down the size of your foot print if you are living alone.

I hear this from time to time but is anyone able to tell me what our population should be ?

Tim Flannery reckons that our national environmental impact would need to be 40% of what it is to be sustainable. That means we reduce our impact with sustainable technologies and lifestyle changes and keep the population the same, or we keep our per capita impact the same the same and reduce our population to around 8 million.

However Tim Flannery reckons a lot of weird shit that many other people disagree with, so you may wish to research further before taking this as the truth.

Australia is underpopulated as a whole

but complicated by extreme overpopulation in some areas - urban areas -and overconsumnption in general

whilst many rural areas which comprise the majority of landmass are critically or even morbidly underpopulated

Australia could easily support ist present popualtion but it is in fact supporting a great deal more due to waste/inefficiency, overconsumption and exports

A human population needs a birth rate of just over 2 children per woman to remain viable.

Australia doesnt even have that.

If we want to increase the carrying capacity of this continent then it is no different than if we were to be attempting to improve say one property

the fundamentals are the same

more efficenint use of water and energy, attention to nutrient cycling and water harvesting strategies, soil improvemnts, better use of and conservation of biodiversity. etc etc

most of australia is wasteland - its a fucking tragedy. cleared and left for the hoof and the weeds. Very little is done to either repair damaged native ecosystems on unused land or to bring land in use into its potential.

I can only blame ignorance of teh australian people and teh system of land tenure that rewards those who make money by speculation whilst not acting as custodians of their property

If i can take an 1100 metre square block and easily fit on a veggie garden that will exceed my fammilies needs for veg, and on the rest of the block i have enough trees to make us partly self suffiecient in fruits, deal with all my own composting, wastewater treatments. Water come from the river (organised by local community) and from roof catchment. If i dont consume all those infrastructure resources that a city dweller or inimproved rural dweller is then does that make me count as 1 person?

what if i could make it so that i count only as 1/2 a person in my statistical consumption? surely then i would have the right to make twice as many children

If i can do that to 1100 square metres then how much could we do with a whole continent

I want at least 3 kids and i fully intend and am in the process of procuring, designing and developing a living environment that will negate by supplying a significant proportion of the basic and economic (excess) necessities of life and in turn dealing with the wastes generated locally and indeed importing waste from others for processing back into the system. All going to plan id expect that my family would consmume very little in comparison to the average

Ive never agreed with the population crisis argument becuase the disparity in resource use is so unrelated to actual number sof people that it makes it completely irrelevant.

Even today the birth rate is falling in most countries all over the world and yet demand for resources increases exponentially.

all sounds good to me rev :). imagine if everyone grew there own food. at least ud know what ur gettin wen uve watched it grow.

imagine if everyone grew there own food. at least ud know what ur gettin wen uve watched it grow.

Have heard it takes some improbable amount of water to even grow one commercial lettuce. I begrudge even spending water on our veggies, but it's gotta be a better option than letting someone else irresponsibly waste someone else's

what if i could make it so that i count only as 1/2 a person in my statistical consumption? surely then i would have the right to make twice as many children

Why? It's not just your contribution to the ecological footprint that counts, it's your kids as well. Presumably they won't be living at home with you forever and riding pushbikes the rest of their lives- they'll become teenagers and maybe go through that horrible stage where they want seventeen pairs of brandname sneakers and their first car ;) You can't presume that just because your ecological input is planned to be balanced at this point then that will be passed on genetically

I honestly can tell u that once u have youll never go back

its not that easy and theres a lot to learn, and youd be wasting your time with some staples unless u are doing it commercially

But until youve seen just how good fresh herbs can taste or how productive a single orange tree really can be its easy to miss the point and get a false sense of the real value and abundance available to us.

Im establishing a 7 bed system each approx 2 x 4m in size 1-6 are annuals (alliums,bean,leaf crops,root crops, cucurbits and corn and solanaceae) then #7 is a biennial bed for strawberries, herbs and seed production. that system is really very easy to mainatin and quite productive - and my area is quite arge, could do with less probably - i just intend to sell the excess locally to pay for all inputs

its off topic but id chat more about the topic if someone started a new thread on the matter

my point was that its amazing what you can get for 'free' when stuff is made locally and the wastes recycled and what a difference even one tree on a few square metres of land can really make to the human carrying capacity of this continent.

this is a bit of a late post refering to comments earlier in the discussion

the reason relenza wasnt pushed as hard was because it is a nasal spray.

the consumer will always prefer a tablet of some kind.

tamiflu and relenza were originally competing technologies but GlaxoSmithKline bought out both the companies responsible for selling products. inventors of relenza were suing GSK for not pushing their product enough (due to nasal spray format as previously mentioned).

if tamiflu has been shown to not work thats a very interesting development.

continue with discussion on self sustainability

Have no fear star anise is here. :ana:

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/1015-02.htm

A rare herb grown in China used to flavor duck dishes and treat infants for colic is at the center of a worldwide search for a cure for avian flu.

Star anise, the unusual fruit of a small oriental tree, is sold in supermarkets in the UK to consumers seeking its pungent, licorice-like flavor

But the herb has a vital function as the source of shikimic acid from which the drug Tamiflu is made, the only defense the world currently has against the threatened flu pandemic.

Once shikimic acid is extracted from the seeds of star anise it is converted to epoxide in a process requiring three chemical steps carried out at low temperature on seven separate sites.

The most dangerous part of the process involves the conversion of epoxide into azide in a reaction that produces highly explosive material. This is carried out by specialist companies that handle the material in small quantities to reduce the risk of explosion.

Sound like the biggest bunch of bullshit I ever heard of.

Epoxides-that resin glue

azides- a dangerous rocket propellent

I think just staying iwth the star anise would the way to go.

resistance to tamiflu maybe a worry but relenza maybe a new hope.

Tamiflu is one of just two antiviral medications that appear to be effective against the bird flu strain known as H5N1, which has circulated in Asia for nearly two years. Scientists report in the journal Nature that virus samples taken from a Vietnamese girl in February were found to be resistant to the drug.

Researcher Yoshihiro Kawaoka, a virologist at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the University of Tokyo, says the results highlight the "need to do more basic research" to find other drugs effective against flu viruses.

Kawaoka found that 60% of the virus samples from the girl's blood were highly resistant to Tamiflu. Higher doses were effective in wiping out the virus, researchers found, and the girl has recovered. The virus was not resistant to another antiviral, Relenza.

The report, which is being published in the Oct. 20 issue of the journal, was posted online Friday because of its relevance to preparations for a pandemic that scientists fear could emerge if the avian strain develops the ability to easily infect humans and spread.

Kawaoka says this does not suggest that governments should stop stockpiling Tamiflu. "This is just one case," he says. "The vast majority of H5N1 viruses out there are still very sensitive. We should stick to the plan but perhaps consider also stockpiling (Relenza)."

Many countries are doing that, though in smaller amounts than Tamiflu. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has ordered 4.3 million courses of Tamiflu and 84,300 of Relenza. Tamiflu is the more popular choice for stockpiling because it is a tablet. Relenza is an inhaled powder and more complicated to administer in an emergency, says infectious-disease specialist Brian Currie of Montefiore Medical Center in New York.

The emergence of drug-resistant strains of the H5N1 virus is "ominous," Currie says. "It's not surprising though, given that the drug has been used extensively during the outbreak in the area." But, he says: "There really is no surveillance system looking for this. One of the things this article highlights is that we have to start looking."

Too much reliance on Tamiflu as a defense against the H5N1 flu could be a mistake, says Michael Osterholm of the University of Minnesota. Tests in animals suggest that unless the drug is taken before exposure to the virus, it might not be effective, he says.

:D i dont care anymore! fuck it, im moving underground! :D

and if any of you sick flu buggers wants in im gonna :wave-finger: then :uzi: while :saufen2: then ill :bootyshake: which will prolly end with a :puke:

nah, yall can come to my underground bunker with hydro system and waste to energy devices

Is my opal mine :) /house conversion next to yours.

After the radiation fallout weakens shoud have a wine/cheese haveing over.

Ok IMHO I think that the holistic picture is being missed here.

Now I think that the members of this forum are some of the most enlightened, educated & environmentally aware ppl I have ever come across but just look at the disagreements we are having, if we all can’t concur what luck will the rest have with what time is left? (personally I think that the ball is rolling and we can’t stop it :devil: )

If H5N1 bird flu is totally rendered benign by some wonder drug, there will just be ten more microscopic beasties just lining up to exploit all thous resources tied up in human biomass, helped along by population density, this is not a war that will end. Fast viruses that kill in a matter of weeks are not as much of a threat that I think we assume that they are (as in I won't care if I’m dead b/c I’m dead, but I would hate to suffer, what worries me is the slow acting varieties that can infect a population before the consequences are felt)

If our current global society survives the plagues by some miracle, what’s next? War, for what little remains? Global warming stopping the gulf flow and the next ice age, or garden world?

Why do ppl even what to bring more humans into this would to suffer, since the agreement seams to be that its only going to get worse? Are our genes really all that important?

The way it seems to be heading, to make a differenced your ecological footprint will have to be NEGATIVE, not just for you, your partner & any kiddies you’re thinking about having, but the mass of ppl who aren’t doing a thing!

So? Do what you can to respect the earth; not for her sake but so we may forgive ourselves of our sins.

The Avian Flu Fright is Politically Timed

A Public Health Warning and Political Essay

by Dr. Leonard Horowitz

October 12, 2005

GlobalResearch.ca

Abstract

The Avian Flu Fright: Politically Timed for Global “Iatrogenocide”

If avian flu becomes more than a threatened pandemic, it will have done so by political and economic design. This thesis is supported by current massive media misrepresentations, profiteering on risky and valueless vaccines, gross neglect of data evidencing earlier similar man-made plagues including SARS, West Nile Virus, AIDS and more; continuance of genetic studies breeding more mutant flu viruses likely to outbreak, inside trading scandals involving pandemic savvy White House and drug industry officials, curious immunity of these pharmaceutical entities over the past century to law enforcement and mainstream media scrutiny, and published official depopulation objectives. With the revelations and assertions advanced herein, the public is forewarned against this physician-assisted mass murder best termed “iatrogenocide.”* This genocidal imposition is expected to serve mainly economic and political depopulation objectives.

Background

In April, 2003, a social experiment called SARS, said to have arrived from Asia, heavily struck Toronto. I was there throughout most of this Asian flu-foreshadowing fright. This bizarre new pneumonia-like illness was named Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome. It was said to be the latest threat in an ongoing series of attacks on humanity by mysteriously mutating "supergerms."

A careful study of the scientific and medical-sociological correlates and antecedents of this “outbreak” revealed something amiss far more insidious than SARS. I critically considered Toronto’s media reaction as any Harvard-trained public health expert in media persuasion behavioral science might. The scourge had all the earmarks of a novel social experiment conducted by white-collar bioterrorist.

It seemed clear to me that this unprecedented population manipulation effectively indoctrinated the mass mind in support of a grossly ineffective, albeit legislated, public health response in advance of the arrival of "the Big One." Throughout the “SARS Scam,”(1) repeated references were made to biological agents that might facilitate decimation of approximately a third to half of the world's population. Having extensively reviewed political population control literature and contemporary objectives of leading global industrialists, I noted these predictions were in close keeping with current official population reduction objectives.(2)

Canada’s response to SARS in 2003 was, for the first time in history, directed by the United Nations and World Health Organization (WHO). Having reviewed the intimate financial and administrative ties between these organizations, the Rockefeller family, Carnegie Foundation, and the world’s leading drug makers, “the fox,” in essence, reigned over Canada’s “chickens.”

The truth about plagues includes the fact that “no grand pandemic ever evolved divorced from major socio-political upheaval." SARS advanced a political agenda more than a public health emergency. If public health officials earnestly intended to prevent these new emerging diseases, or successfully treat them at their roots, I repeated, they would study their obvious origins from the merged military-medical-biotechnology arena. A basic course in medical sociology simply justifies this utilitarian counsel.

"Experts" had been predicting the arrival of a super-plague for decades. What was HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS about the mysterious and terrifying arrival of SARS, however, was its timing. It synchronously arrived with the global war on terrorism, and the Anglo-American war with Iraq. It seemed a convenient distraction from the fact that the earlier Bush administration had shipped Saddam Hussein most of his deadly biological weapons arsenal including anthrax and West Nile Virus. SARS was pathognomonic (i.e., symptomatic and characteristic) of what I had predicted and explained in the book, Death in the Air: Globalism, Terrorism and Toxic Warfare (Tetrahedron Publishing Group, 2001; http://www.healthyworlddistributing.com/), a prophetically-titled text that predated the 9-11 attacks on America by several months, and provided a contextual analysis of certain globalists’ links to recent “outbreaks.”

In essence, I provided insight into the broad application of a new form of institutionalized "bioterrorism" consistent with state sponsored biological warfare. Saddam Hussein was said to have exposed populations in his and adjacent lands with biological and chemical weapons of mass destruction. SARS and the current avian flu fright is sanctioned by military-medical-pharmaceutical-petrochemical industrialists likewise operating above the law in many documented instances. Having testified before the U.S. Congress, I personally experienced how premiere pharmaceutical industrialists direct our political-economic representatives in government. Emerging diseases complement the political "War on Terrorism," and our bioterror-influenced culture. This agenda serves two primary objectives: profitability and population-reduction.

Political Reality Versus Mass-Mediated Myths

The ever increasing madness around us is eerily consistent with globalist think tank recommendations for the current "conflicts short of war." Beginning in the late 1960s, "economic substitutes for standard militarization" were sought and found by leading global industrialists. New biological threats, the “war on terrorism,” and increasing numbers of “natural disasters” including space-based threats and superstorms were considered economically and politically expedient compared with the first and second world wars. These “conflicts short of war” were decidedly more manageable and economically viable. For this reason, especially their profitability, they were leading options among Anglo-American policy makers.

Nelson Rockefeller’s protégé, Henry Kissinger, for instance, as National Security Advisor (NSA) under Richard Nixon, oversaw foreign policy while considering Third World population reduction "necessities" for the U.S., Britain, Germany, and other allies. This Bush nominee to direct the 9-11 conspiracy investigation, a reputed war criminal, then selected the option to have the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) develop biological weapons, according to the U.S. Congressional Record of 1975. Among these new man-made biological weapons were germs far deadlier than the avian flu.

For example, by 1968, when Kissinger requested and received updated intelligence on useful “synthetic biological agents“ for germ warfare and population control, mutant recombinant flu viruses had just been engineered by Special Virus Cancer Program researchers O’Conner, Stewart, Kinard, Rauscher and others.(3) During this program, influenza and parainfluenza viruses were recombined with quick acting leukemia viruses (acute lymphocytic leukemia) to deliver weapons that potentially spread cancer, like the flu, by sneezing. These researchers also amassed avian cancer (sarcoma) viruses and inoculated them into humans and monkeys to determine their carcinogenicity. In related efforts, Raucher et al. used radiation to enhance avian virus’s cancer-causing potential. These incredible scientific realities have been officially censored and generally neglected by the media’s mainstream.

Similarly, the Institute of Science in Society (IoSS) in London raised the genetic engineering question in the origin of SARS. “Could genetic engineering have contributed inadvertently to creating the SARS virus?” they asked. “This point was not even considered by the expert coronavirologists called in to help handle the crisis, now being feted and woed by pharmaceutical companies eager to develop vaccines.” Those living in glass houses should not throw stones. The above emphasis is added to show IoSS they had “not even considered” intentional SARS deployment in their scientific, allegedly unbiased, purview.(4)

Conflicts short of war, like the "War on AIDS," "War on Drugs," "War on Terrorism," "War on Cancer," and now “War on the Avian Flu” require sophisticated propaganda programs employing fear campaigns for social acceptance and popular support of legislated policies. These psychological operations (officially termed PSYOPS) for “command and control warfare” (technically called C2W), experts advise, best support the emerging "Revolution in Military Affairs" (RMA). The RMA‘s capabilities include "a form of human slavery" in which the world’s captive populations would not know they are enslaved.(2)

The RMA undoubtedly incorporates the use of debilitating biologicals and chemical agents most generously on behalf of drug and vaccine makers. A classic example is the toxic carcinogenic organophosphate pesticides deployed against human populations, said to target “mosquitoes,” in the "War Against the West Nile Virus." Such "non-lethal warfare" agents, as these are militarily termed, are indeed deadly, but mortality results slowly from toxic exposures allowing more profits to be made by allied pharmaceutical and medical industrialists. Victims of the "non-lethal" exposures die slowly from chronic debilitating diseases. Expensive hospitals and long-term care facilities are virtual concentration camps. The ailments generated for “iatrogenocide” include the plethora of autoimmune diseases and newer cancers virtually non-existent 50 years ago. This fact, alone, strongly suggests a genocidal socio-economic and political agenda.

Avian Flu for Profit

In response to SARS, senior fellow at the Hudson Institute in Washington, Michael Fumento, published an economic thesis in Toronto related to the one I advance here. The "Super-bug or Super Scare," he wrote was published in Canada’s National Post. Canadians were warned to "quarantine themselves," wear masks, and in some cases stay home. The Ontario Health Minister declared a "health emergency," as the media dubbed the "mysterious killer" a "super-pneumonia.” Recoiling from the hype, Fumento asked and answered a few “real questions . . . How lethal, how transmissible, and how treatable is this strain?” The answers, he concluded, “leave no grounds for excitement, much less panic.” The same may be said for this new curse of avian flu.(1)

Lethal?

At this writing, the avian flu is said to have killed “about 65 people” in Southeast Asia during the past two years! Little to no data is available on these individuals who most commonly had immune-compromising medical conditions. Further, all deaths were in Asian countries with questionable health services.

Conversely, other forms of flu kill more than 40,000 North Americans annually, generally the immune-compromised elderly.

Transmissibile?

According to USA Today (October 9, 2005), “European health officials are working to contain the [avian flu] virus, which so far has not infected anyone in the region.” Although, allegedly “more than 140 million birds have died or been destroyed, . . . and financial losses to the poultry sector have topped $10 billion.” This propaganda actually admits, “the current virus, known as H5N1, has not yet mutated to the point at which it can easily spread from person to person.” In fact, it is likely to have never spread from person to person other than during laboratory handling!(5)

Treatability?

“The U.S. Senate has already approved a $3.9 billion package to buy vaccines and antiviral medications, and the Administration is also preparing a request for an additional $6 billion to $10 billion,” according to a current BusinessWeek report.( 6)

“Beam me up Scottie, there is no intelligent life on this planet.” This largely explains why the public puts up with this deadly deception. Even USA Today bemoans, “there is no human vaccine yet.” So how come the U.S. Senate is rushing to spend all these billions for an avian flu vaccine?

I suppose we should overlook the fact that the current frightening strain of H5N1 avian flu virus has never readily jumped from human to human, and not commonly from birds to humans either. Thus, an effective vaccine can only be prepared by mutating this virus, thus creating what the world fears most. Let me explain. . . .

To make the human vaccine specific for the H5N1 mutant virus, you must start with the human virus which does not yet exist, except in perhaps military-biomedical-pharmaceutical laboratories. In fact, this is precisely what is being prepared based on news reports. To produce the human pathogen, the avian virus must be cultured for lengthy periods of time in human cell cultures, then injected into monkey and ultimately humans to see if these experimental subjects get the same feared flu. Thus, the flu virus the world currently fears most is either: 1) now being prepared in labs paid by industrialists with massive wealth-building incentives to “accidentally” release the virus; or 2) has already been prepared in such labs to take advantage of this current fright and future sales following the virus’s release.

Remember, to be effective against a virus, a vaccine is said to require specificity. If authorities were to now have the main H5N1 avian flu strain feared to spread at some future date there’s no assurance by the time they developed the vaccine the strain would remain sufficiently the same for the vaccine to be effective anyway due to expected viral mutations. Viral mutations over time is a function of the agent’s newness. New man-made viruses, laboratory creations, like the ones currently being prepared for vaccine trials, are less stable not having evolved over the millennia. Thus, the entire vaccine effort is largely, if not entirely, a sham with ulterior motives.

Remember too, that a vaccine’s reliability requires years, or at least months, of testing in the targeted population. Vaccine injury data must, or should, be meticulously collected over this period to assure the vaccine is not killing and maiming more persons than it is helping or saving. Can you seriously believe this assurance will be provided by government or pharmaceutical industry officials in this pandemic’s wake? FEMA’s failed Katrina response pails by comparison to this public health liability and vaccine-injury certainty.

I say “vaccine-injury certainty” because of the extensive list of newly developed vaccinations, highly touted when brought to market, that caused horrific results. This list includes the first swine flu vaccine, polio vaccines, smallpox vaccine, anthrax vaccine, hepatitis B vaccine, and most recently Lyme disease vaccine that crippled approximately 750,000 people within months of its release and prior to its recall by the FDA.

Most people fail to realize all vaccines carry a list of ingredients that typically increase human disease and death (i.e., morbidity and mortality). These include toxic elements and chemicals such as mercury, aluminum, formaldehyde and formalin (used to preserve corpses), MSG, foreign genetic material, and risky proteins from various species of bacteria, viruses, and animals that have been scientifically associated with triggering autoimmune disorders and certain cancers. A growing body of scientific evidence strongly suggests vaccines are largely responsible for increasing cases of autism and other learning disabilities, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, Lupus, MS, ALS, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, hay fever, allergies, chronic draining ear infections, type 1 autoimmune diabetes, and many, many more pandemics. These chronic ailments are said to require long-term medical care for the patients’ management causing toxic side effects resulting in America’s leading killer--iatrogenic disease. That is, vaccines and other pharmaceutical industry inventions are literally killing or disabling millions with little effort on the part of government officials and their drug industry cohorts to arrest this scourge.

For all we know, governments are ordering an avian flu vaccine that will precisely deliver this pandemic to the world to affect population control. Absurd thesis? Read on.

BusinessWeek expects avian flu vaccine stockpiling by government officials will help the Sanofi-Pasteur company on behalf of Sanofi-Aventis and Chiron. “Tamiflu,” it reported is an antiviral manufactured by Roche, . . . considered effective against avian flu. . . . The U.S. owns enough for 4.3 million people, with more on order.” BusinessWeek failed to report: 1) Tamiflu’s safety and effectiveness has not been determined in people with other chronic medical conditions--a significant percentage of the U.S. population-- and common side effects of this drug include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, bronchitis, stomach pain, dizziness, headaches, and much, much more; 2) Roche (Hoffman-LaRoche) was found guilty of price fixing the world’s supply of vitamins in 1999 as part of the global petrochemical/pharmaceutical cartel evolved from Nazi-Germany‘s I.G. Farben organization;(2)(6) and 3) Sanofi-Aventis’s corporate colleagues include Merck, a company that received a lion’s share of the Nazi war chest at the end of WWII, whose earnings plunged after the withdrawal last year of its deadly Vioxx arthritis drug. According to recent news reports, Merck is partnering with Sanofi-Aventis to produce the world’s first sexually-transmitted-cancer vaccine to be given to prepubescent boys and girls.(7) Merck is infamous for having developed the first hepatitis B vaccines that triggered the international AIDS pandemic according to published scientific research and stunning documents reprinted in this author’s national bestselling book.(3)(8)

In the weeks and months following the 9-11 attacks on America, I traced the widely publicized anthrax mailings "mystery" to U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) commissioned biological weapons contractors with ties to Britain's MI6, Porton Down, and this same Anglo-American pharmaceutical cartel.(9) The anthrax mailings fanned fears of bioterrorism throughout America and economically served primarily vaccine and drug makers with administrative and financial links to these avian flu profiteers.(10)

People willingly relinquish their civil rights and personal freedoms in the wake of such engineered frights. The passage of the infamous "Homeland Security Act" in America, and its counterpart in Canada, are classic examples of this societal direction, forced legislation, and egregious manipulation.

Why Asia?

How convenient that Asia is said to be the origin, as with SARS, of this latest plague when Chinese-Anglo-American relations are strained to say the least.

In the days preceding the emergence of the first SARS cases, America raced to the Pacific Rim to impact escalating aggressions on the Korean peninsula. Communist China--a "most favored" trading partner with America--is politically allied with several American enemies, including those said to possess weapons of mass destruction, including Iraq. Coincidental? Not likely when viewing the larger political picture involving the Ango-American oligarchy's RMA, its global enterprises, and instigated planet-wide "conflicts short of war."

Consider also the fact the media's mainstream has been heavily influenced, if not entirely controlled, by multi-national corporate sponsors protecting and advancing the interests of a relatively small number of global entities. Also recall that the focus of news providers, on any given day or hour, results from intelligence agency directives, according to reputable authorities including myriad retired news officials and intelligence officers. So ask and answer the following intelligent questions:

* Why have American military officials, beginning with Secretary of Defense William Cohen during the Clinton years, publicized America's greatest vulnerability lies in the realm of biological weapons wielded by terrorists? Is this not a form of treason against the United States to relay such sensitive intelligence to potential enemies through the mainstream press?

* Why does the mainstream media continue to foretell of the expected arrival of the "Big One"-an influenza virus that will produce a super-flu that will kill billions of people, like the "Spanish flu" did between 1918-19, while totally disregarding the individuals, organizations, and laboratories that have labored to produce these weapons of mass destruction? Even the devastating Spanish Flu virus has been, literally, unearthed for further study and, do you suppose, deployment?

* Why was the "Spanish flu" influenza virus called the "Spanish flu" when it originated, by historic accounts, in Tibet in 1917? It is said that Spanish newspapers were the only ones reporting on the great plague due to their neutrality over World War I politics. However, Spain was as dear to America then as Communist China is to the United States today. The "Spanish flu" was named such following two decades of disputes between America and Spain over colonization of the Caribbean Islands, Hawaii and the Philippines beginning with the Spanish American war that ended in the Philippines in 1902. In fact, the grand Spanish flu began in military camps. Does this history appear to be repeating?

*Doesn't it make sense that America is being manipulated, if not targeted, for the purpose of advancing globalistic agendas, central among them is population reduction?

The "Big One"

As mentioned above, during the 1960s and early 1970s, military biological weapons contractors with intimate ties to leading drug industrialists prepared mutants of influenza and para-influenza viruses recombined with acute lymphocytic leukemia viruses. In other words, they stockpiled a quick spreading cancer virus which may also be deployed.(3)

Alternatively, many infectious disease experts and government health officials oblivious to this scientific reality say this avian flu might be the 'Big One." Several days ago, the United Nations released a report that stated as many as 150 million people worldwide might die from this avian flu.

Emma Ross of the Associated Press reported on SARS as the World Health Organization (WHO) launched its "crisis plan to attack" the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome. WHO, as you may recall, is a U.N. sponsored organization that is rumored to have helped spread AIDS to Africa by way of contaminated hepatitis B and/or polio vaccinations. There is a reasonable amount of evidence to support this contention.(1)

More disconcerting, the U.N. is known to be heavily influenced by Rockefeller family members and their petrochemical-pharmaceutical interests. History shows Rockefeller fortunes built the U.N. building in New York City. During WWII, the Rockefeller family and their Standard Oil Company supported Hitler more than they did the allies according to court records. One federal judge ruled Rockefeller committed "treason" against the United States. Following WWII, according to attorney John Loftus-an official Nazi war crimes investigator-Nelson Rockefeller persuaded the U.N.'s South American voting block to favor Israel's creation only to assure secrecy regarding his support for the Nazis. Earlier that century, John D. Rockefeller joined Prescott Bush and the British Royal Family in sponsoring the eugenics initiatives that gave rise to Hitler's racial hygiene programs. During the same period the Rockefeller family virtually monopolized American medicine, American pharmaceutics, and the cancer and genetics industries.(2, 3)

Today, the Rockefeller family, its foundation, U.N. and WHO remain at the forefront of administering "population programs" designed to reduce world populations to more manageable levels. As per an advertisement in Foreign Affairs--a prestigious political periodical published by the David Rockefeller directed Council on Foreign Relations--the U.S. population is being targeted for a 50% reduction.(2)

"We've never faced anything on this scale with such a global reach,” said Dr. David Heymann, of the WHO, not regarding the avian flu, but SARS.

"This is the first time that a global network of [Rockefeller-directed infectious disease ‘surveillance’ outposts and] laboratories are sharing information, samples, blood, pictures," added Dr. Klaus Stohr, a WHO virologist coordinating labs internationally. "Basically overnight, there are no secrets, there is no jealousy, there is no competition in the face of a global health emergency. This is a phenomenal network.”(1)\

* The term “iatrogenocide” is derived from the combination of words “iatrogenesis,” meaning physician induced illness, and “genocide,” defined as the mass killing and/or enslaving of people for economics, politics, and/or ideology.

About the Author Leonard G. Horowitz, D.M.D., M.A., M.P.H., is an internationally known authority in the overlapping fields of public health, behavioral science, emerging diseases, and bioterrorism. Dr. Horowitz is best known for his national bestselling book, Emerging Viruses: AIDS & Ebola - Nature, Accident or Intentional? (Tetrahedron Press, 1998; 1-888-508-4787) which recently resulted in the United States General Accounting Office investigating the man-made origin of AIDS theory. (See: http://www.healingcelebrations.com/gao.htm ) Dr. Horowitz's work in the field of vaccination risk awareness has prompted at least three Third World nations to change their vaccination policies. His stunning testimony before the United States Congress' Government Reform Committee, literally brought the hearing to a halt. (See: healingcelebrations.com) Dr. Horowitz questioned government health officials regarding a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) secreted report showing a definitive link between the mercury ingredient (i.e., Thimerosal), common to most vaccinations, and the skyrocketing rates of autism and behavioral disorders affecting our children and the future of our nation.

Dr. Horowitz's most recent book is DNA: "Pirates of the Sacred Spiral", a reference text on the electro-genetics of biology, disease therapy, and human spirituality. This work also details links between the anthrax mailings and human genome project heist, and leading intelligence agency, genetics industry, and pharmaceutical company officials.

For more information about Dr. Horowitz’s books, videos, CDs and DVDs link to www.healthyworlddistributing.com and www.tetrahedron.org, or by calling 1-888-508-4787. His official website is www.drlenhorowitz.com.

This article was provided courtesy of Dr. Leonard G. Horowitz and Tetrahedron Publishing Group. It’s copyright is relinquished for widespread distribution.

References:

1) Horowitz LG. SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome): A Great Global Scam. Available at: http://www.healingcelebrations.com/SARS.htm

2) Horowitz LG. Death in the Air: Globalism, Terrorism and Toxic Warfare. Sandpoint, ID: Tetrahedron Publishing Group, (Spring) 2001.

3) Horowitz LG. Emerging Viruses: AIDS & Ebola, Nature, Accident or Intentional? Sandpoint, ID: Tetrahedron Publishing Group, (Spring) 2001.

4) The Institute of Science in Society. SARS and Genetic Engineering? London, England. Article available at: http://www.tetrahedron.org/articles/health...ngineering.html

5) Knox N. Europe braces for avian flu. USA TODAY, October 9, 2005; Manning A.Government to stock up on avian flu shots. USA Today, Oct 8, 2005.

6) Wang P. Avian Flu: Inoculate Your Portfolio. BusinessWeek. Online edition. Available at: http://www.businessweek.com/investor/conte..._4988_pi015.htm

7) CNNMoney. Merck shares jump on cancer drug vaccine. October 6, 2005. Available at: http://money.cnn.com/2005/10/06/news/fortune500/merck.reut/

8) For more scientific background on the link between the hepatitis B vaccine and the AIDS pandemic link to http://www.originofAIDS.com .

9) Horowitz LG. The CIA's Role in the Anthrax Mailings: Could Our Spies be Agents for Military-Industrial Sabotage, Terrorism, and Even Population Control? A Special Report. Article available at: http://www.tetrahedron.org/articles/anthra..._espionage.html

10) Horowitz LG. DNA: Pirates of the Sacred Spiral. Sandpoint, ID: Tetrahedron Publishing Group, 2004.

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the Centre for Research on Globalization.

To become a Member of Global Research

The Centre for Research on Globalization (CRG) at www.globalresearch.ca grants permission to cross-post original Global Research articles in their entirety, or any portions thereof, on community internet sites, as long as the text & title are not modified. The source must be acknowledged and an active URL hyperlink address to the original CRG article must be indicated. The author's copyright note must be displayed. For publication of Global Research articles in print or other forms including commercial internet sites, contact: [email protected]

www.globalresearch.ca contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available to our readers under the provisions of "fair use" in an effort to advance a better understanding of political, economic and social issues. The material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving it for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material for purposes other than "fair use" you must request permission from the copyright owner.

To express your opinion on this article, join the discussion at Global Research's News and Discussion Forum

For media inquiries: [email protected]

© Copyright Leonard Horowitz, GlobalResearch.ca, 2005

The url address of this article is: www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=20051012&articleId=1071

Why do ppl even what to bring more humans into this would to suffer, since the agreement seams to be that its only going to get worse?

I'm an optimist , i also have an 18 month old daughter that is the most beautiful , precious thing in the world to me. We both draw from each others energy , we both crack a big smile when i get home from work and we probably would be lost with out each other around. Will she suffer in her life time ? I hope not , but I am an optimist as i stated earlier. Having a child is something you can't describe if you havn't been there , i had my daughter when i was 35 years old and prior to that no one could have convinced me i would feel this way. Just like surfing , only a parent knows how it feels.It's like you now have bigger issues in your life and you have to consider more than yourself and your own life , it's life changing and you grow , not just up (as was my case) but out as well. You learn so much from the little ones , the simple things become important again , you take the time to play again. I also found my self questioning my own mortality , for now i have a real reason to be around in the future.

So is this good for the planet ? Who knows , maybe she will be the one that will make a difference ? I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I'm an optimist , i also have an 18 month old daughter that is the most beautiful , precious thing in the world to me. We both draw from each others energy , we both crack a big smile when i get home from work and we probably would be lost with out each other around. Will she suffer in her life time ? I hope not , but I am an optimist as i stated earlier. Having a child is something you can't describe if you havn't been there , i had my daughter when i was 35 years old and prior to that no one could have convinced me i would feel this way. Just like surfing , only a parent knows how it feels.It's like you now have bigger issues in your life and you have to consider more than yourself and your own life , it's life changing and you grow , not just up (as was my case) but out as well. You learn so much from the little ones , the simple things become important again , you take the time to play again. I also found my self questioning my own mortality , for now i have a real reason to be around in the future.

So is this good for the planet ? Who knows , maybe she will be the one that will make a difference ? I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

i can relate to your comments there 2B

i haev the same situation as well except my daughter is younger and i also have a son

issues liek this makle you concerned for thier future and think hard about what sort of world they will grow up in but as a parent all you can do is your best and provide the best for family and it all will work ou, well one can hope anyway

Thanks for iterating that so well

When we have children, doing so consciously, and invest in their future

we are investing in the future of humanity

and we must assume there is one and that thehurdles to be overcome are worth doing for the sake of the possibility however remote that the mistakes of the past might not be made again

As stakeholders in the future we have to be more concerned and more efficenint in addressing what we do now.

but we also have hope because we have somebody to hand the torch to. Our failure to save the world as individuals no longer seems a failure as much as just being a link in the intergenerational effort

like the question abou the tree in the woods

if the world survives and there no humans around to live in it - was there any point? or is the earth just another rock amongst millions in the universe teeming with biochemical anomalies we call life. If that is true then there is nothing special about earth at all and theres no need to give a shit about what happens to it or us. But the earth is so special because it is our home and we want to keep living here and i think anyone who gives a shit has an obligation to ensure that they pass on that culture to another generation

I think as long as the sun shines there is hope because plants will grow and when it boils down to it plants can give humanity both the means and reason to live.

conversely to those who think we should not have children i might ask why stop there?

why dont we start mass suicides?

starting with all those people who never plan to have kids, who have no dependents and belive the world is going to end due to our overpopulation

seeing as how you are deadends anyway why use up those extra resources in the next 40 to 50 years of your life when there is no point in doing so?

Think of all the carbon emissions you could save!

Edited by Rev