The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

Beattie hopes shared showers plan strikes a chord

Not a bad idea I think! I would've picked a Floyd song tho

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/20050...08/s1448670.htm

Queensland Premier Peter Beattie says showering with a partner can save water during the current drought.

The Brisbane City Council has advised residents to limit their showers to the length of a pop song.

Mr Beattie says he would choose a Beatles tune.

"Clearly I think it's important to conserve water that people do shower together and they sing in harmony," he said.

"Even I have a sense of humour. There's nothing wrong with showering with your partner, particularly after 30 years of marriage.

"I think I can shower with my partner, and there's nothing wrong with it but I get a lot of encouragement not to sing."

I find I finish much quicker when I don't have someone standing in my way all the time. Not to mention the constant distraction :D

my thought exactly. get out of the shower is be the last thing on my mind when i share a shower with my girl.

i think people will hear what beatie said, do it, then all get distracted by steamy water pouring over the naked body of their significant other. a week latter the drought gets worse.

I don't know.

My partner and I have just started showering together in the past week. Quite simply as a nice way of trying to bring ourselves a bit closer together, like we used to be.

I have actually found that our combined shower is shorter than our two individual showers. So, we must be saving water.

Even with all the groping, and the distractions.