The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
t st tantra

tim leary-ABC/wed/10.55pm

dont know the content of this show but it's not marked as a repeat.my video will be set for record.

t s t .

crap!! I go a couple of days without checking the messages, and I miss something like this...

Stupid bloody uni exams...

Was pretty interesting, I found out a few things that I didn't already know about his life. They had heaps of footage from throughout his life which was cool.

Lots of footage of people sitting around millbrook tripping on acid.

I wanna do something like those acid test guys who drove around the USA in a colourful bus handing out free acid :cool: Cool to do something like that here in australia. I doubt i'd get far though :)

I taped it and will make a copy for you if you want, but it might take awile.

I wanna do something like those acid test guys who drove around the USA in a colourful bus handing out free acid Cool to do something like that here in australia. I doubt i'd get far though

You should read "the electric kool aid acid test" by Ken Kesey(?) (hopefully) and it's all about that bus and stuff, even includes the visit to Leary.

Actor Jack Nicholson was on that bus too...

I picked up something like

"they were taking acid one day and "amt" the next day because you couldn't take acid all the time since it stops working after 3 days"

Yeah, free drugs, free love, the peak of american culture, since then it has been steadily and rapidly declining....

also I would recommend Leary's "politics of ecstasy" and the later "flashbacks" as real good reading, two books that definitely had a strong influence on my life...

I was shocked how old and brittle Tim looked in the end, almost unrecognizable, but when you heard him talk you knew there was still the same old spirit in there...

Turn on, tune in, drop out...

today that has lost all significance...

interesting how Tim was "hitting" the N2O in the end...

he used very little narcotics like morphine etc even someone in his condition could have easily accessed it...

once I read on his website that he had a big bottle of N2O and was saying "this is the best drug of all..."

it's a pity that it is such an effort to consume N20... I wish there was a more user-friendly way to access it than hammering nails into bulbs, but apparently it's very nice stuff...

[ 13. November 2003, 15:18: Message edited by: gomaos ]

haha yes, machines are hard to come by :( still if you have enough able hands willing to get frostbite then its fun...

they sell those machines that you can hit n2o with at some servos etc.

they are around, and normally close to the canisters.

i have seen them in op shops too

friends of mine managed to get a proper, BIG cylinder of N2O for a party once... unfortunately, the effects from the tank were never as good as those from a standard bulb-erator :( but there is noting like being able to have 4 people sucking off pipes at the same time :)

back on topic: I missed seeing the Leary show aswell... only heard about it today :( I'd love a copy too from someone if it isn't too much trouble. Tho, if someone can get me a copy, I'd be more than happy to digitize it and convert it to DivX.

Chemelion

A copy would be just ace chris.

whish i could have seen it, sounds so good.

well i will, i hope.

thanks

i grew a bit weary of leary after he started recommending DNA as the ultimate psychoactive drug. But it's not, is it?

thelema--i guess if you could re-programme your DNA at will, you'd be able to achieve any mind state just by thinking about it.

--that would make it pretty damn cool

nabraxasis: that would make a cool idea for a sci-fi, but leary was actually recommmending DNA be taken in capsule form (whatever the F*ck that means anyway?)the FDA was stupid enough actually to BAN production of DNA, yes, real DNA fragments on this basis of the narcotic drug treaty enfoldments.

i take tablets which contain 20mg RNA,i actually take them for the other ingredients,but would prefer not to make the product too widely known as it is the only source i know for a particular 'nice' ingredient.

t s t .