The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

Albert Hofmann turns 96

The father of LSD reached the amazing age of 96 on Friday. He has touched so many of our lives and yet is one of the humblest people you could meet. He's also a really good dancer and can keep up to thumpin techno at 3 am wink.gif

Please stick around for a few more years (if only to prove that hydergine works) wink.gif!

hofmann07.jpg

Congrats!

I find it hard to believe he's still alive. Here's the "inventor" of lsd, and he get's older than most of us ever will...that's onlu to prove that just lsd alone would not be detrimental to our health...

Herzlichen Glueckwunsch, Albert!

Wow!

A while back I asked someone weather he was still around and if so what was he up to.

I was given the impression that he was'nt, at least keeping very quiet.

I should give the queen a call and see that he be knighted in honer of his discovery and dedication to science wink.gif

Torsten did you invite him to EB`02 ?

Originally posted by Adrian:

I was given the impression that he was'nt, at least keeping very quiet.

he is still involved in some academic stuff I believe. Keeping the mind sharp. I met him when he was 93 and seeing the way he moves, talks and parties you woulnd't put him at over 50 (a healthy 50 at that). I believe he credits much of his longevity to hydergine, a substance he developed.

Torsten did you invite him to EB`02 ?

He gets invited to many (all??) conferences, however he rarely makes it. Long haul travel just isn't healthy. I would invite him if I felt there was more support for EB in australia. Whether he would come or not i a different matter. Bringing him over for 100 people or so just doesn't seem fair to him. I have too much respect for him.

Christian and Claudia have just been to his B'day party and I am sure you could quiz them at EB2 about his current state.

it is a drug made from ergot that increases the oxygen carrying capacity of blood especially in the brain. in europe it is routine administered before surgery especially heart surgery, to give the surgeon a little more time in case the blood supply to the brain is interrupted. it prevents the brain from going anoxic. it is not used in australia, probably due to cost.

It is also used as a smart drug (nootropic) due to the improvement in brain function.

Originally posted by spiraleyes:

sounds interesting.

is it legal in oz?

don't know. I'll wait and see what customs says to my recent order wink.gif

This is sounding like LSD should be made legal. Maybe they will start putting ads on tobacco saying smoking is bad for your health, try LSD instead wink.gif

Originally posted by maddogmorgan:

This is sounding like LSD should be made legal.

How did you arrive at that conclusion?? I mean I agree, but we were talkign about hydergine, not LSD wink.gif

Again Capricorn people are COOL people!

12/01/77 one day after AHoffman's birthday!

smile.gif

You too eh, mine's the day before smile.gif

r.u.sirius in imagine magazine

"....dr.hofmann told a friend of mine that one can get exactly the same effects one gets from daily megadoses of hydergine by using 25micrograms of lsd daily."

pity its illegal.yrs lysergically t s t .

Let's ask Christian when he comes over next month. He is adviser to the Hofmann foundation and would certainly know a bit about this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the way of 'trips' these days, the active ingredient is somewhat similar to battery acid, and, LSD has been rarity in recent years, much like a fasion parade at a Quarantine check point?

Has anybody ever had real LSD? Or is it just Perth who's missing out?

thanx

Originally posted by peas-pipe:

Correct me if I'm wrong

Gladly. There are not many sbstances that are active in such small doses that they could fit onto a blotter. LSD is by far the cheapest and easiest to make. Sure there are differences in LSD quality, but no one really knows why. Maybe some artefact of the synthesis or maybe some stereochemistry stuff. But for the most part blotters are LSD and the rest are urban myths.

I've heard of a lot of people loosing the plot at doofs in sydney over the last few months on liquid LSD. Seems to be more dosage related than anything else though. If you can't find any, make friends with some Israeli backpackers wink.gif

Tuesday 11th of January 2005 is Albert Hofman's 99th Birthday. Absolutely amazing!!

quote:

Tuesday 11th of January 2005 is Albert Hofman's 99th Birthday.

This realy is outstanding! :)

wow, 99... now that's old!

most of us will never get there!

wow - amazing innings.

What a character.

That blood oxygenator sounds very interesting - you would think that since they are now relating alzeimers (sp?) to low blood oxygen levels that perhaps this could be investigated for them.

As for LSD - there is lots of it around - but the quality now days is dismall when compared to the glorious days of the Hoffman 2000s and Getafixes...

Amazing alright, That man must have seen some weird and wonderful things in his time so far.

Keep us oposted on the hydergine front Torsten, that looks really interesting. :D

There is a live broadcast done by MAPS for his birthday. 12noon eastern US standard time wednesday 12-1-05 (I think that is 4am thursday Australian Eastern Daylightsavings Time) .

link from this page:

http://www.maps.org/conferences/ah99/

quote:

Originally posted by Torsten:

I've heard of a lot of people loosing the plot at doofs in sydney over the last few months on liquid LSD. Seems to be more dosage related than anything else though. If you can't find any, make friends with some Israeli backpackers

being a sydney doofer i can categorically say that the liquid here is utter shite.

its was the dilberts that did it :)