The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mulch

old man...

pach40.JPG

with a little bit of stubble.. :D

Nice!

What is the width on that large section?

the swollen bit's about 180mm /7"

wau nice specimen, what a beauty!

may i ask have the roots left the drainage holes? as this would explain the virgor.

There's a local C. peruvianus that is exhibiting the same behaviour, never thought I'd see a cactus with a trunk until I walked past it one day.

:cool: The stumps of old plants chopped down generally seem to go bunta, I love 'em!

Choice! that new growth is so lush and undamaged, such wonderful bluing..

What kind of Trich is it, peruvianus of some kind?

ph- the roots havent left the pot, yet. wait till the weather warms up tho' and i'd say it'll be definitely exploring. i had the stump and roots sitting out on the ground for a few months and put it in the pot around december last year. I've found that old chunks just power along anyways, like if you put a big, tallish chunk to root, they'll throw big fat pups... there was about 45m/145' of trimmings off the top of this old fella before it got removed from the ground, so i think its just trying to get back to it's former glory asap.

It looks like a T pachanoi to me, perhaps even the Backeberg clone so prevalent in the States.

mr amine - i don't know what sorta trich it is.. i'd just assumed pachanoi, but hey, if you, like myself have read the recent tomes by MSSmith and Archea around the place, well, i dont think i'd even hazard a guess.. i just know it's a trich and a it's a good trich at that.

WOW

that is great

LOl well, gosh. I know we didn't mean to muddle things up, oops. :)

It is a beautiful plant!

yowza, i didnt know they got that fat

first pach i saw that i recognized as a pach (after i started to get educated :) grew right next to the wall of a house, came out of the ground rose about 1m then proceded to branch into 8-15 columns, the tallest of which busted straight through the eaves of the house, pushed tiles out of the way and continued growing using the chimney as support for its ascent to the stars. it flowered not long after i first saw it and me a mate i was living with used to frequently walk up to pay homage and meditate with this ancient marvel :) :D :)

oh yeah, and what i was goin to say was even that cacti wasnt as fat as yours, although the base of it looked like an actual tree, like wood and i have never even seen a photo of a trich or any cacti flowering that heavily. it was obvious it was very old ~ and sacred :)