The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
incognito

any idea on wot these cacti are??

hey there, these cacti are in the tafe garden here, have always wondered wot they were,,no one there seems to know!!!sorry bout the shite pics my scanner is pretty well fooked..cheers guys

jono normal_tafecacti.jpgnormal_tafe%20cacti.bmp

gonna get a new scanner this week, got heaps betta photos but this ill bred bastard wont let me scan em, completely died in the ass!!

joono

oh now im jealous that looks like a pach or a scop to me. is that large plant it????

yeah, it does look like a T.Pach, maybe a cross,i noticed other cacti around the base which deffinatly were not

The large one is a cereus and the close up looks like a pach.

[ 29. March 2005, 08:13: Message edited by: Andrew ]

heres another pic of shite quality and extra small just how u luv em,,,got heapsa pics ,,will put em all up for an i.d,,,they are from an old cacti plantation at my local tafe horticulture section out of town,,these cacti are frekin huge and just fallin over and rotting all over the place,,,if they are trichs they are a hoooge bounty,, and my teacher said i can do wotever i like with em, cos they are over them and wanna put somethin else there!!! normal_bigpach.jpg

getting a new scanner this week , this one is f*cked.ill post the rest then.only reason i thought these cacti aernt trichs is coz i thought trichs only pup from the base??

if they have many different sorts some mightnt be trichs. just take some more pics and we can tell you. good score if they are all trichs.

I think you've hit a jackpot! Lucky you! :D

Forget about the top pic, that's Cereus

but the 2nd and 3rd I'm fairly sure are T.scopulicola.

Definately take the pups to grow, these will root easier than cross sections of old scop. That old stuff might be strong too, 500gms for starters.

strong eh????some dude i met has never had much of an effect from sculling 750grams of putrid slime!!!if i ever run into him again ill tell him

to give her a go!!!!

oo yeah i would wet my pants right there if i was told i could have that.

oh ur so luckey, if they dont want them i would take them all, a bit of hard work to dig them up but they should be fine. then i would chop the tips and plant them and chop the trunks back to get more pups. the trunks could be used to fly. my bet is all three are pach's

he he eh, get in line dude, im sure have the cacti lovers here would

taking em off their hands this week!

Like Teon said, if you don't mind the yakka and you've got somewhere to put it, chop off the big branches and transplant the roots and base. Probably pup like mad next summer!

got some more pics scanned on my pox carrying scanner for yas thumb_bigpach2.jpgthumb_bigpach3.jpg

:cool:

shite they r small! sorry!

man your lucky, if you feel like sharing lets us know might have some things for a trade

my vote would be for a scop

do the fingernail test...

i wouldnt go around telling people at tafe what it is tho or else you will find it will dissapear pretty quickly and probably get destroyed...

as mentioned the best idea would be to cut off the healthyest looking bits for cuttings... and then dispose of other parts what ever way you see fit

:)

The first one looks like Cereus peruvianus and other looks like T.scopulicolus...pach's seem to be more 'fat'.

Top score mate!

lol im so confused about which pics u guys are talking about. and they are so small, ive reached a conclusion, we need more pics :D lol.

some decent pics for yall, hope u like em! thumb_tafescop3.bmp

i think this guy is a cereus-its freakin hooooge! thumb_tafescop4.bmp

this should give u an idea how big it is

not what id hoped sorry...ill try again

that top pic is not a trich it looks more like a cereus, can get a larger picture?

heres a big pic of wot ive come to believe is a giant scop normal_tafescop.bmp