The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Truth Freak

Making cactus taste better

Ok guys, heers the deal. I've tripped on San Pedro twice. The first time was honestly the most powerful spiritual experience of my life, and if you've never done it then you dont know what your missing out on.

The second time was a bit worse. I ended up spewing the contents of my cactus all over my best friends kitchen floor. I still managed to get a light trip though.

Question is...is there anything i can do to make this stuff taste better so i can EASILY drink it. I mean if i mix one cup of cactus juice with 10 litres of orange juice is it still gonna work?

Cause honestly guys....that crap is vile disgusting crap! But when you get it down its more than worth it.

what country were you in!!!! you couldnt have consumed it in australia.

Um.....oh yeah.....i was on a holiday in America...and i became a temporary member on the Native American Church....and they helped me out :-)

I was under the impresssion that members of the Native American Church sometimes used Peyote as their spiritual guide, teacher, etc, and not San Pedro. You sound a little immature to be messing with things like this, I mean Ok guys, heers the deal. I've tripped on San Pedro twice. sounds like its coming from someone who just wants to get messed up or see some pretty colours. And also, it's disrepectful to call such a wonderful plant and amazing entity crap, vile and disgusting. Sure, the taste may be bad, but since when has any path to enlightenment been smooth sailing? I hear that our lady friends wear the most painful shoes if only to appear a little taller. Some indigenous tribes do some apparently nasty things to their body as part of their culture. So if you can't appreciate it for what it's worth, maybe you should rethink your experimentation.

Jon

PS: don't take too much offence to this, for all I know, you could be a repected member of our society and not just some kid who found out about DRUGS IN CACTI from your mates mate. I'm just stating my opinion.

Bit pugnacious for a young student aren't you, Cactus Master? Perhaps a little more maturity from you?

Stating your "opinion" about the motivations of others whom you have never met and know nothing about might seem valid to you. To me it seems silly and adolescent. The Lycaeum welcomes that type of attitude but hopefully here things are a little more sympathetic.

Oh, and I don't believe suffering is essential on the path to enlightenment.

But I also believe that psychedelic drugs are ludic as well as entheogenic and it is right to use them for all sacred pleasures.

Don't build fences on common land.

Guest electro

theo - true .. but then again at the hive they would have told him to use the f****** search engine by now :) hehehe

oi truth ... if you are planning on doing it where legal, and for the right reasons ...

search here for cactii extractions (i posted one using charcoal that looses 50% of the actives but gets you as ppowder that nicely fits into caps).. if not drink bridgesii.monstrose as shots chopped up in absinthe ... you will only taste lumpy absinthe.

Well, I'm not here to make enemies, so I hope I havn't done so. But I think everyone is entitled to their say, I hope my response wasn't too rude. Thanks for the feedback though :)

BTW Truth Freak, there are so many extractions on the internet(do a search), but you could start with electro's.

Jon

Truth unfortunately it is the active ingredients which taste awful so not that much scope for making it taste better.

Other than doing a extraction like electro mentioned which would definately be illegal here in Australia.

There is a naughty gnome who communicates through gomoas who advocates reducing it down until you can roll it into little balls which allows you to bypass the taste buds.

However I think that even pure mescaline is supposed to make you vomit.

As you may have experienced many people value Shaman Asutralis as a valuable resource so some off them get upset when people risk the future of the site by breaking the rules

I get more upset by the "my entheogen-taking is more spiritual and worthy than your drug-taking" attitude.

Taking the drink slowly over an hour or more is the advice I was given. Remember peyote chewers take their dose in small pieces over the night for the regular rituals.

The first shall be as the last.

miricle fruit did wonders for some Miscleaneous bitter things that were consumed the other day although it was a whole new kind of bad but a lot less morse than them on there own

has anyone tryed mixing bitter things with another bitter thing

such as grapefruit juice?

would still be nasty but maybe not as much?

after a go at chewing fresh chunks which is fine,

i once tried a fruit salad with pineapple chunks, which was worse,

better to try contracting ie (twice short simmered small volume of lime juice) than expanding with sweetness from my experience.

i think black coffee is best for covering strong flavours,it has some anti-nausea properties.

some fasting seems to be needed if you want to reduce your chances of vomiting.i think eating meat did me in last time!

t s t .

Afew days ago I was on holiday in fiji and just ate strips of pedro, I found that my will to access the teaching properties was enough to overcome the taste although the nausea followed after bout 2 hours later. I agree with Truth freak that it is a powerful experiance that everyone should try. As to all the bad vibes here - Even if there are inexperianced people here using this forum to get info about getting messed up, Don't you think it is up to us (the "experianced spiritual types") to give them some guidance as to what it's all about. We were nubes on the scene once too!

"it was a whole new kind of bad"

lovin that! :D sound slike an opening for a book or a t shirt :D

Re : bad vibes

Cactus master - Im not sure how new you are to this site but a general vibe weve evolved here seems to be more friendly and supportive than most other sites,and we try our best to offer constructive criticism if criticism is needed at all

It seems you had your heart in the right place but if you want to avoid hassle please try and abstain from the kind of personal comments towards other members. Surely a rational argument or criticism is instantly lost when you resort to insults.

People have been barred for good from these forums for repeated infringment of this code of conduct

but i suppose you prob got the picture anyway after this thread.

And i know theo's motivation and nothings grudged around here so long as it happens once

C U round

Yeah yeah, i get the picture :rolleyes: hehe, i know i was probably out of line, a little harsh. no hard feelings to anyone offended, spec theo and TF. cheers!

Jon

Na worries, cobber.

But remember, we are different here. We try to be nice. We try to co-operate. We try to advance the human race step by step. We try to trust and to be trustable.

But we are also human and fallible.