The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Trip Dr

Hey all yet another cactus ID: giant Pedro?

Care to elaborate on this citric acid nd water extrazct?

i have 9 pachanoi growing a.t.m,8 of which are all of the same strain.the odd one however my gnome tried the other week and by golly it was he said "hell strong" 20 minutes after ingestion his eyes rolled back and he was struggling to open them,forcing him to have the most intense visuals ever experienced on pedro. no sleep was experienced that night and he was very very horny...

has anyone else heard of the "sexual arousal" factor from pedro?

[ 01. March 2004, 19:46: Message edited by: mr b.caapi ]

Trip Dr, there was your problem for sure. On 2-4 mm of the outer portion of the plant wasn't enough. I bet you actually threw away more mescaline than ingested. Though it does reside in higher concentrations in the skin, this is certainly not the only place. Anyone have details on what percentage is in the skin as opposed to elsewhere?

mr b.caapi, 20 minutes and "hell strong" = BS.

~Michael~

Really? I read the white part of the flesh is what caused the stomach sickness. How far down from where the green flesh ends should one use?

Trip Dr

Tehehehehe, it is the mescaline itself that causes the stomach upset, not something else from what I am aware of.

If one was to consider using such a plant for psychoactive effect in a country in which it was legal then cutting the flesh off immediatly around the central wood core (vascular bundle) would be best. It would be sort of like using an apple coring device in which only the core is removed, but the majority of edible tissue is still there.

~Michael~

Care to elaborate on this citric acid nd water extrazct

sure. I have to mention that I never do that since it's not legal. But someone told me:

Cut cactus into slices approx 3 cm wide(long?)

Cut out and throw away CORE ONLY! The core is the woody part in the middle and that's what causes your stomach pain, not the white flesh.

Whether to throw away the skin or not has long long been a heated discussion topic. This gnome does not peel the cactus but extracts the skin with all the other stuff i. e. doesn't remove it. No harm will come from the skin.

If you have a blender, blend all the skin, green flesh, and white flesh.

If you have no blender, just cut it into pieces as small as you can or have the nerve to.

Place in large cooking pot/wog/whatever. Take note that it has NO ALUMINIUM in it (the pot) or else you maybe poisoning yourself, the alu can come off into the mix.

Take 2-4 teaspoons of citric or tartaric acid (depending on amount of cactus) sprinkle it over the cactus pieces.

Add sufficient hot water.

Simmer for however long it takesto reduce most of the liquid.

Take out, or strain out cactus pieces.

Return liquid to pot.

Simmer until it becomes a paste, but not too long, DON't BURN IT!

Wash down pieces of paste with water/milk/fruit juice/whatever you fancy.

Wait, lie down, listen to trippy music.

Enjoy.

This would also answer the question in another thread posted here recently on how to avoid the ugly bitter taste.

reduce to paste and swallow.

Minimum bad taste!

Cheers Gomaos! I'll have to try that next time i go back to Peru. What about the spines, do you remove them?

Trip Dr

Nope.

Why?

er escuse me m s smith but 20 minutes and "yes" it was hell strong!! alcohol may have been a factor here i dont know. i may have worded it wrong by including the visual part of it as though they started straight away,they began later. but the sluggish body and lazy eyes began after...20 minutes!.

i do not "BS" thankyou.

[ 06. March 2004, 15:59: Message edited by: mr b.caapi ]

mr b.caapi, certainly I had no intention to accuse you of BS'ing at all, and it appears that you cleared up the confusion now by differentiating between the psychological effects as opposed to the body effects, which can come on quickly as you stated.

Hey man, "dont worry...b.caapi"

~Michael~

wink.gif

the effects of mescaline alone can be subtle or some might say spiritual,there is little external visual effect and there may be little closed eye visuals but on an experiential level there is much to be had.a gnome spoke of no longer having to be the centre of his universe and her senses spreading out into the neibouring environment.others spoke of intense internal energy effects to do with kundalini and the chakras.

i think that this is the kind of experience one gets from peruvianus,while pachanoi with more effects from other alkaloids gives a more traditional and for some more satisfying trip.

t s t .

Caapi..which cultivar did your gnome prepare?

pachanoi.

ok you win, :D

I thought I knew of the mother of all mothers,it's wider but I'm sure that's a bit taller, those top 3 take it.

It's a beauty! Pity about the taste test. Hope future one's prove more fruitful.

Definately looks like a ped. but those areoles are big aren't they?