The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mesqualero

Preparing San Pedro....

Guest Mesqualero

If it were legal to do so, how would u prepare your San Pedro to be consumed..and how much is enough for one dose generally..?

Thanks in advance.

Where legal. Remove spines..., peel skin, remove only the outer layer of dark green tissue(1cm).

Blenderize dark green tissue....., pour liquefied in plastic container freeze overnight. (XXX)Next day throw it in a steel pan , add lemon extract (acidify)and water... cook slowly for half an hour.

Strain & save the liquid (repeat step XXX), strain and save liquid. Add saved liquids together....boil down ......till there's little water left. You can now add corn meal to thicken the liquid and are able to roll small pellets, dry and swallow where legal!

Patchanoi....20 cm long , 4cm diameter. pp.

Peruvianus??????? No idea!

Guest Mesqualero

That looks like a good one smile.gif

There are many ways posted on the internet on how to do this.. basically i was asking peoples personal methods...

Thanks Bryan

Take about 30 X 6 cm (damn! must have a weaker strain) pachanoi and remove said parts (don't always need bother with the spines). Freezing overnight makes blending easier.

Boil in water with lemon juice for about 6-7 hours, adding water as necessary. Strain out the solid, simmer down to the equivalent of a cupful, and let cool. Drink (only where legal).

A friend of mine got this recipe whilst living in S. America, but his version includes leaving out the 'bones' of the cactus to go red and dry in the garden (he cuts lengthways) and I'm sure he wouldn't turn up his nose at nasal ingestion. ;-)

an old friend of mine began his prep by cutting a length and then leaving it in his car boot for many months.claimed to increase alkaloid content.

t s t .

Guest DragonFyre

has anyone's gnomes got any experience with the dried & powdered product at all? very interested in the effect when smoked if anyone wishes to indulge the information?

thanx cool.gif

Guest Mesqualero

After lengthy discussion with my gnomes wink.gif I have almost reached a decision that if any cutting is going to take place it will be for propagation purposes only.

Now i am interested in cutting a middle section up into pieces and letting them set roots placed upon their sides.

What are peoples experiences with this method? I have heard it takes substantially longer than a normal cutting but that more offshoots can appear...

Originally posted by Mesqualero:

What are peoples experiences with this method? I have heard it takes substantially longer than a normal cutting but that more offshoots can appear...[/b]

Mesq, I have heard (and attempting similiar thing with opuntia pads - which is said to produce many offshoots just from leaving the pad lying on a sandy type surface - give it go if you don't mind chopping one of your babies apart - only thing is remember it's cutting lengthways is a larger area open to (possible) infection and would probably take longer to (work brain damnit!) um, y'know, heal over, whatever, before planting.

smoking cactus was a subject of discussion in entheogen review some time back.

it starts with staford in psychedelic encyc,he stated dried loph or pedro mixed with grass was a very pleasant smoke.people appear to have misinterpreted that ,as a statement that smoking wwould produce a tripping level experience.and so cactus was smoked by itself in a number of forms,with virtually nil effect.and debate raged.

i strongly agree with the original statement,that smoking dried cactus with other herbs is a very pleasant indeed.

this may be more pronounced in people who have had a full cactus experience.

this leads to my future post on low dose psychedelics as smart drugs.

t s t .

From my personal experience laying a cactus on its side looks like it grows a little slower then putting it straight up in the ground.

I think that that's relative. I all depends on how you look at it...

On it side it will produce more pups....straight up in theground it will grow faster length wise..

High,

I make cuttings by cutting my cacti in 2.5 inch parts. Let the wounds dry and remember the down site.

Than place the cuttings with died wounds in the soil. Making the bottem soil al little wet for the roots to find there way.

Bigger cuttings root much quicker, and grow much faster smile.gif

It canbe of use to cut the downsite of your cutting to a point were the core is. This make the cutting root from the midle and makes it better fixed with the ground. Especially when it becomes 1 meter.

You need 350 mg mescaline for a good trip.

Sp has dried 1 to 2 % mescaline.

So easy calulation will bring you at the amount that is used. between 20 and 50 grams of dried material.

Powder the dried tissiue and drink it with watter. Dose it over 1 hour. The finer the powder the less changes for througing up.

Bye Bye

What are peoples experiences with this method? I have heard it takes substantially longer than a normal cutting but that more offshoots can appear...[/b]

so once youve got the san pedro boiled down to a brown liquid, what can you do with the juice after this step, other than chugg it?

someone said add corn meal and make pellets?

or boil it down till theres no water left and eat the leftover material?

or put it in capsules?

any other ideas?

what does everyone recommend and what works the best?

^^^ I'd say just boil down to a quantity where you can consume it by taking shots and then chasing it with something... Things in liquid kick in nice and fast.

I've heard of people boiling down into a tar like resin, cooling and then rolling into balls or pellets - then eating that but from reports it takes ages to kick in. If you want to do it that way people were telling me that it was best to consume it by swallowing and then drinking a heap of warm water on an empty stomach. Should take effect in a couple of hours.

How to prep' Trichocereus cactus for Ingestion-

1) Wash the entire cactus to remove any dirt or other unwanted materials.

2) Remove all areoles + spines with a small thin bladed knife, remove as little flesh around the areoles as possible.

3) Peel away the waxy outer skin, leaving as much of the green layer beneath as possible.

4) Cut away the green layer of flesh from the white inner core (1-2mm of green flesh, between waxy skin and white core) Discard the areoles, waxy flesh and white core.

5) Chop the green flesh into small peices and leave out in the hot sun for 5-13 hours on a large plate.

6) Place the green flesh peices on a drying rack (wire mesh or grid) with a large collection plate below to catch the drying peices. I will take 3-5+ days for the chips to be fully dried.

Once all the peices are fully dried they can be directly ingested or made into a tea. It only takes 1-3 tablespoon for a full blown trip, if the clone you used is of good genetics and potency. The chips will keep for years.

I've read of... actually, nevermind.

Edited by Sublime Crime

cheers for the help everyone.

i think im going to make flour pellets out of it and swallow them, with lots of water. i dont mind it taking ages to kick in so long as theres no loss in effect.

i dont think i could stomach shots of san pedro juice or eat the cactus dried.

search this site for my method !!!

t s t .

I have been searching with no luck.

What was your post titled?

6) Place the green flesh peices on a drying rack (wire mesh or grid) with a large collection plate below to catch the drying peices. I will take 3-5+ days for the chips to be fully dried.

Once all the peices are fully dried they can be directly ingested or made into a tea. It only takes 1-3 tablespoon for a full blown trip, if the clone you used is of good genetics and potency. The chips will keep for years.

Whoa, I think I'm going to use this method tonight. One question though, if I don't eat the pellets do I still have to boil it for 2-4 hours to make a tea or is 30 minutes enough? I was thinking of drying the stuff in the oven at 200F.

How to prep' Trichocereus cactus for Ingestion-

1) Wash the entire cactus to remove any dirt or other unwanted materials.

2) Remove all areoles + spines with a small thin bladed knife, remove as little flesh around the areoles as possible.

3) Peel away the waxy outer skin, leaving as much of the green layer beneath as possible.

4) Cut away the green layer of flesh from the white inner core (1-2mm of green flesh, between waxy skin and white core) Discard the areoles, waxy flesh and white core.

5) Chop the green flesh into small peices and leave out in the hot sun for 5-13 hours on a large plate.

This applies to t. peruvianus as well as pachanoi? On behalf of other noobs, thank you for the detail :)

Sorry to ask such a noob question, but I've searched all over this site and searched a lot of others and I swear my brain must be having an off day because I just can't seem to find exactly what I'm after. I have a t. peruvianus cutting 300x60mm long and wish to prepare it for my cat's ingestion.

Theoretically yes. However cactus ingestion is best discussed in forums such as The Nook as it is against this forums policies.

Here we would prefer to keep our cacti in the ground where they do their best magic :wink:

I actually disagree...

I think while their is magic in the cactus as it grows... the real magic happens when the cactus interacts with the human mind...

...BUT I know where your coming from Ace!

Edited by Teotz'

I actually disagree...

I think while their is magic in the cactus as it grows... the real magic happens when the cactus interacts with the human mind...

...BUT I know where your coming from Ace!

Listening to the plants doesn't mean you go around eating them all the time! I'd rather grow my plants and cacti rather than eat them, and I think they'd agree!

What's your point?

Didn't say I never eat cactus? I love that shit. :lol:

Edited by Teotz'