The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mud

Wild lettuce- Hyoscyamine

I suggested that a Mother might put some wild lettuce in her daughters salad,
after the Doctors gave her 9yr old Endone for pain in the lower back region that they suspect might be her kidneys.

I received a hefty dose of science sledging from the keyboard warring supernerds that supported the process of her being donated sperm and artifically inseminated to have this child.
For the record, her child was born with cystic fibrosis.

They wanted peer reviewed, published medical journal proof that wild lettuce works for any of the claims that I proposed it did, sucessfullly.
So I had a little dig for them.

I found that her Doctors online resource (WebMD) does list the benefits of wild lettuce but highlights in bold text that 'more evidence is required for its efficacy'. Then I followed the white rabbit.
The U.S national library of medicine which they link to actually does have a published paper that focuses solely on the 'toxic effects' of eating the lettuce. Supposedly by 'natives who didn't know it was dangerous' but had in fact eaten it for millenia. While that paper did everything to disinform us further, it did happen to reveal that wild lettuce contains Hyoscyamine.
I then researched Hyoscyamine, noticed it is synthesised from deadly Datura, and is used to treat nearly every single one of the symptoms that a C.F child would have.
And interestingly, wild lettuce is probably the most highly targeted 'weed' for roundup spraying across Australia. It's nearly undefeatable too. And now I know why.
The little 'wishballs' it makes to disperse it seeds,
really is 'fairy dust'. 
Nature wouldn't let us suffer all this without some kind of relief. So it puts it everywhere for us. All around us. Panaceas; heal all plant helpers everywhere you look! Almost like little nature spirits are ensuring its success. And it is 'successive' by definition. The green life required for more green life to develop within an ecosystem. An analgesic, tonifying, detoxifying super medicine that can kill pain, support lungs, heart, guts and even control some symptoms of Parkinsons disease.
Aren't the glycophosphates from roundup reported to cause some of these problems?

So, they talk it down..talk it sideways.. induce fear surrounding it.. poison it.. say it doesnt work or needs more evidence..
BUT then they isolate the same active from another plant known to dark brujo and shaman forever
and package it as medicine for the same illnesses they've just created by poisoning it's competition.

This seems to be the 'structure of conspiracy'.
And now I see it everywhere.

• Like 7

I beleive the Egyptians used wild lettuce for centuries - more for an afrodisiac - but it was known to have medical benefits - dont know more than that but I'd love to get some planted in the garden.

WHat is the botanical name for the hyocyamine containing wild lettuce?

• Like 1

On 11/09/2016 at 7:34 AM, mud said:

I suggested that a Mother might put some wild lettuce in her daughters salad,

after the Doctors gave her 9yr old Endone for pain in the lower back region that they suspect might be her kidneys.

I received a hefty dose of science sledging from the keyboard warring supernerds that supported the process of her being donated sperm and artifically inseminated to have this child.

For the record, her child was born with cystic fibrosis.

They wanted peer reviewed, published medical journal proof that wild lettuce works for any of the claims that I proposed it did, sucessfullly.

So I had a little dig for them.

I found that her Doctors online resource (WebMD) does list the benefits of wild lettuce but highlights in bold text that 'more evidence is required for its efficacy'. Then I followed the white rabbit.

The U.S national library of medicine which they link to actually does have a published paper that focuses solely on the 'toxic effects' of eating the lettuce. Supposedly by 'natives who didn't know it was dangerous' but had in fact eaten it for millenia. While that paper did everything to disinform us further, it did happen to reveal that wild lettuce contains Hyoscyamine.

I then researched Hyoscyamine, noticed it is synthesised from deadly Datura, and is used to treat nearly every single one of the symptoms that a C.F child would have.

And interestingly, wild lettuce is probably the most highly targeted 'weed' for roundup spraying across Australia. It's nearly undefeatable too. And now I know why.

The little 'wishballs' it makes to disperse it seeds,

really is 'fairy dust'. 

Nature wouldn't let us suffer all this without some kind of relief. So it puts it everywhere for us. All around us. Panaceas; heal all plant helpers everywhere you look! Almost like little nature spirits are ensuring its success. And it is 'successive' by definition. The green life required for more green life to develop within an ecosystem. An analgesic, tonifying, detoxifying super medicine that can kill pain, support lungs, heart, guts and even control some symptoms of Parkinsons disease.

Aren't the glycophosphates from roundup reported to cause some of these problems?

So, they talk it down..talk it sideways.. induce fear surrounding it.. poison it.. say it doesnt work or needs more evidence..

BUT then they isolate the same active from another plant known to dark brujo and shaman forever

and package it as medicine for the same illnesses they've just created by poisoning it's competition.

This seems to be the 'structure of conspiracy'.

And now I see it everywhere.

I hope your friend uses wild lettuce and gains some relief/improvement of symptoms.

I found your post a sad indication of our society, but also uplifting that people such as yourself are willing to offer support to others.

I have sown a hell of lot of Lactuca virosa this year and am hoping to make a tincture from the latex with a view to relieving pain and just making life a little more relaxing. 

Hope things go well for your friend and her child.

• Like 1

Bleed the latex into a sharp edges tsp. Wait until they are just going to flower but not yet seed. On a nice sunny day, mid morning, remove all leaves (to dry elsewhere and cut top off) wait an hour then use tsp to scrape up latex. Some days it flows better than others but its worth collecting, do it a few days in a row, just chop more off until you have collected a nice little ball. Far better materiel than either the tincture or water extraction produce. Far superior to any commercial products I have tried. Can be used like opium once dry, its milder but a very nice effect and nice taste. Very pleasant. The key is to vape it, not burn it. Chase the dragon or heat it over a lamp inside glass bowl with a long bamboo stem attached.

Rätsch suggests a dose of 28g leaves brewed as a tea. I have some there, must try. A water extract on the stems is active smoked but very mild. But the latex is quite exquisite.

The Hyoscyamine - The old (1800's) literature makes the claim, in the roots, but perhaps some nightshades had infiltrated their crop? Are there recent studies confirming it in the leaves or latex? The Hopi used it as a dream enhancer, and datura and Brugmansia certainly do enhance dreams. But the effect of the Lettuce is more of a sedative than a deliriant . I guess like passion flower, siberian motherwort and the waterlilly's / lotuses  a kind of psychic-sedative.

Edited by tryptamine
  • Like 1

The more I think about it... my section is full of wild lettuce, I bought seed and planted but now it just covers all spare waste land, where I pull out the other weeds and just let the lettuce go. Anyway, the next most prolific weed is black nightshade. Its prolific among the wild lettuce patch. Almost like the two are companion plants, even with weeding the odd nightshade hides and survives among the wild lettuce. One needs to be careful to pilfer out any nightshade plants from his wild lettuce harvest if pulling the whole plants, they can twist and stick to each other. I would imagine contamination of commercial wild lettuce extracts back in the 18 and early 1900's with nightshade's would certainly have been possible.

• Like 1

as this thread refers to another thread it doesnt link, its really confusing. its not clear what kind of pain and what condition we are talking about.. 

other than that, Hyoscyamus sp is hyoscyamine rich and I really dont know how safer Wild lettuce is. 

Tropane alkaloids have a wide range of medical uses and even more uses in traditional medicine, but yeah these plants are dangerous.