The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Kierbob

Ball Quart jars Victoria

Hey guys, if anyone's interested in some Quart jars, Woolworths in broadMeadows has 12 packs for $10 right now!

Only 5 dozen or so left.

• Like 1

They've been trying to sell them for the past few months! I'm sure they'd still be some there

• Like 1

ha, if I find the time over the weekend I may pop over. thanks.

Has anybody found a use for the Moccona coffee jars? seem to have loads stacking up!

If those are the ones with the glass lids and seal I've used them with desiccant bags for storing dried edibles!

I can't imagine many cultivation uses because of the lack of fresh air exchange.

yeah that's the ones, perfect for storing edibles as you say or drying herbs (rosemary, curry leaves etc). I puncture the seal in the lid, and add desiccant bag in the lid itself. Would be good if I could drill the lids out....

You can use any jar/glass for doing brf cakes, just use a few layers of foil wrapped tightly over the top. 4 syringe punctures is enough fae, and if they aren't widemouths just scoop it out with a clean spoon

Yeah those coffee ones are narrow mouth, would be good for spawn like you say, scoop em out!

In case others outside of Victoria are wondering, Woolworths and Big W are the only ones who sell the Ball Mason Jars (wide and regular Mouth in various sizes 16 oz to 32 oz and smaller). At my Big W the quart wide mouth 12 packs are $45 and $42 for regular mouth.

Kmart (NSW) has no named brand quart glass jars with standard metal screw top lids like salsa/jams have for $2.

Doupt it's as air tight as a Ball Mason jar but should be pretty air tight plus the gas should take the path of least resistance through your filtered hole so shouldn't be an issue either way.

edit: this was a dumb post

Edited by hypochondria