The Corroboree
Torsten

RIP Freaky Chicken

It is with sadness that I have to share the terrible news that Freaky Chicken has died. I don't know any details, but I am sure Ben's close friends will fill in more information soon.

Ben was one of the nicest guys I've ever met. Always helpful, always kind, always generous, and always there for others. He's been part of this community for 12 years, came to some of the early conferences [EB] and later EGA, was always actively involved in plant meets wherever he lived at the time, and also worked at SAB for a while. He has lots of friends who care about him in Townsville, Perth, Melbourne and Tassie - pretty much anywhere he lived over the years. It seemed like he didn't know how to make enemies.

Ben was passionate about plants and people, with a formal education in botany and a love for the use of plants.

Ben also loved to wear silly chicken hats at EGA [and doofs], so you may not know his name, but might remember chatting or partying with him.

We'll miss you Freaky Chicken :(

photo-454.jpg?_r=0

• Like 1

Sorry to hear, Torsten. Did not know him very well but every gone SAB member is a tragedy. Especially at such a young age. Farewell, Freaky Chicken!

Very sad news indeed. He was a good mate of mine. He said he was coming to my birthday drinks then just didn't hear from him. I really hope his life didn't end on his way to see me. I really hope not . He was such a loveable dude. Wherever you are Ben, I hope you're at peace. R.I.P brother. Still waiting on details as to what happened. I'm just in shock atm

So sad to hear this :( I only met the guy a couple of times but from what I gathered he was a really top bloke and quite knowledgeable when it came to plants! R.I.P Ben!!!

that's sad to hear Torsten he sounded like a great guy
may he rest in peace

I've been personally debating all day whether to say anything at all on the matter given I only met him once. But given the nature of who he was, open, fun, spontanious and kind this news has really left me gutted.

I haven't met anyone as lively and young spirited as him and doubt I could have found a better person to first meet through this community.

I feel a horrendous loss knowing I wont see him again and even worse that so many people here will go without knowing just who they have missed out on.

I knew him as bridgsoid on these forums, the result of a forgotten password on his part.

Much love to him and of course his loved ones during such a tough time.

i never knew him personally but all the same it still hits a deep place within me to know that one of the SAB crew has fallen and that the world will be all that much less for the lose of a most beautiful soul never yet again to grace us with all their inherent beauty and flaws as a human being, in all sincerity i send my condolences out and mucho big hugs too all the friends/family of Freaky chicken! I still spend time during my weeks of life contemplating those of us who came before us and helped to create and shape this community in whatever way be it online or RL and even though we may not touch in the real world we still share the bonds of society and culture and the coming together that this place has created.

Viva la plants!

We never met,, but all the above kind words speak volumes.

RIP Freaky Chicken

Peace

Ben was a great friend, my very first ethno plants were gifted from him many moons ago..

A very sad loss, will always be remembered

Rip bro

Ben was indeed a super cool ,genuine dude .May his journey be blessed and full of wonder ...