The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
kitty

Nine Inch Nails and Absinthe

Not very relevant, but I found it interesting.

I was just watching some old Nine Inch Nails music videos, and noticed that the chorus to "A perfect Drug" featured our beloved Trent pouring a fluorescent green liquid over a spoon into a cup, and I thought "heey....", about 20 seconds later a bottle labelled absinthe was on the scsreen for about a quarter of a second during the drum solo.

Thought I'd share because I thought it was cool, and thought maybe somebody else would too

-=kitty=-

yeah it is pretty cool. i remember hearing that song for the first time and thinking "this is the greatest song ever"...well it was more like "fuckin ey!" but you get the idea. the programming in it still awesome today...but when i saw the video it melted me. it was so gosh darn cool. and thats what turned me on to absinth. it also made realise how freaky the victorian era was.

but yes, nails is good. its nice to see someone with excellent tastes in music for a change. there arent many people around like that anymore.

absinthe is the perfect drug - except for the hangovers

Ive been a big fan of NIN for years.

The Slave screems film clip is pritty graphic and the All that could of been dvd is very cool

So have I.

Ever since "Further down the spiral" came out, I've been addicted to NIN and used to terrorize my neighbours with them...

but I admit, Im a bit out of touch...

has there been much after "Things falling apart?"

Gom !

Do you have "The Downard Spiral" :confused:

What's that song...step RIGHT UP..Umm

Pigs,something like that.......MAD CLIP LUV IT(live version and commercial clip)

"Take the skin and peel it back..Doesen't it make you feel better?"

Good taste guys,makes me want to fuck you like an..... umm sorry :o

BTW High Times Feb 2001 P.52 An interesting interview with Trent on Pot and Absinthe :D

[ 29. September 2003, 23:28: Message edited by: mescalito ]

Wow, looks like I'm not the only Trent fan here. Cool.

chris- By "The Slave Screems" clip, you mean happiness in slavery, I guess? That is cool, and the completely blank expression on Trent's face as he walks in at the end of it is to kill for.

Things falling apart...no, nothing since then, but recently I've heard rumours flying about a new album at the end of the year...

Mesc - "Step right up..." = March of the Pigs

Any chance of posting that article? Or a link somewhere? Sounds interesting

Slave Sreams had me thinking too

March of the pigs that's it!!

I kept thinking of War Pigs(equally good tune!) It may be in the archive at hightimes website :confused: (my scanners R/S sorry)

[ 30. September 2003, 00:35: Message edited by: mescalito ]

actually, there has been some stuff since "things falling apart". there was of course the aforementioned live dvd, which came with a live cd. the cool thing is though, the cd came with an optional bonus disc called "still", which was live performances of basically trent with a piano, and occasionally acoustic guitar and drum backing. it was all rearrangements of old songs like "something i can never have" and "the becoming". in essence it was quite beautiful. moving. there were some new very un-nin tracks on there too which show trents move towards his joy division/new order influences. if they weren't obvious already.

the other day i bought myself the "live at pompeii: directors cut" dvd from pink floyd. that kicks a lot of arse. as does the "live volume" dvd from corrosion of conformity.

actually mescalito i just noticed you liked sabbath. i would like to go on record as saying black sabbath are possibly the greatest band ever.

I also like System Of A Down,Floyd,Def Leppard,John Leee Hooker,Van-Halen,The Crue!,Glenn Miller,Skunkhour and more.....WIDE tastes man

As for the greatest Band/Album.....Van-Halens 5150,no...Metallicas 'Black',no.....Def Leppard's "hysteria"....I don't know

thats cool man. i myself never got into van halen. i can understand it, and i think hes an awesome guitarist, but i just dont dig it. im into anytihng related to devin townsend though, he's the only one i know that can get away with cheesy 80s elements. anyone going to see strapping when they come down?

there were some new very un-nin tracks on there too which show trents move towards his joy division/new order influences. if they weren't obvious already.

Joy Division/New Order?

Don't get me started on them...

I heard the first Joy Division tracks on the "John Peel Sessions" on BBC in Germany.

When I 'migrated' to Australia in 82, I picked up Joy Division's "Still" as a pirate tape in Singapore, at the Singapore Night Markets, before the inhumane Singapore Govt. removed them..

Throughout the next 3 months, as a newcomer to Australia, I would lie in cheap hostels with a flagon of wine listening to "Still" until I fell asleep every night.

Thankwhoever, that changed when the missus and child came 3 months later.

All through the 80s, I was a huge New Order Fan.

I still like their early ones the best.

I saw them in 82 in Melbourne.

They were so loud we had to go outside halfway through the concert.

The female member was playing with the back to the public.

Their albums became ever more commercial.

When they released that "soccer song' around the early 90s I stopped liking them.

I know that many sports programs on tv use new order songs.

They may have become terribly commercial but still churn out good stuff.

The Chemical brothers "Out of Control" (What a great song) features the New Order Singer, what's his name....

That hit they had recently with that "bear" video wasn't too bad either....

but why would Trent want to end up like them?

well gomaos, i dont ithnk its that hes ending up like them...but you can really hear the influence theyve had on him. i dont wanna point it out to everyone though, but whilst trent is somewhat of a geius, he has ripped a heap of people off in the past. im a huge fan, dont get me wrong, but "a warm place" is an old bowie song. not is a rip off of, IS an old bowie song, which i will find the name of. most of his song titles are similar or the same as joydivision song titles..the list goes on.-/

that doesnt stop me loving nin though

quote:

"a warm place" is an old bowie song

Yeah, if my memory serves me correctly (which it is apt not to), they recorded that song together.

haha, and speaking of Trent and Bowie together, does anyone remember the MTV 'news' reports about trent being seen chasing bowie down the street, and everyone wondering what was up, until a few weeks later when the music video for Bowie's I'm afraid of Americans was released? ...

Me too Kitty me too

Jerk's CD "When pure is Defiled",has definite Trent influences for those who haven't heard them..Great Debut IMO! :D

I knew there was a connection :rolleyes: ....it's like the 'Bob Rock' thing!

I hope jerk transform more.. I think they have more to offer(sorta like Linkin Park)

(2 Cents)

Record Companies SUCK!

has anyone heard th Jonny Cash version of 'hurt'?

is it any good?

My favorite NIN album is defiantly “the Fragile”, it has so many layers, it is just too good. There is so much going on in “The Great below”.

Joy division rock too.

You guys might like our Goth night poster, we love it, but we are just geeks anyway.

NecWeb.gif

Necronomicon- H.P. Lovecraft- coooool!

didn't Joy Division have a very similar graphic on one of their albums?

Unknown Pleasures?

Or was it another one?

[ 03. October 2003, 08:41: Message edited by: gomaos ]

Think that is the point, so we get the right kind of people.

any way just thought you peope may like the pic.

still think all that old school goth music is just so Poetic. love it to death.