The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Salviador

Psilocybin to Dmt

What would be the chances of being able to engineer psilocybin into dmt. I looked at the structure on erowid and they are the same except for a little group up top left(dihydrogen phosphate ester). Im sure this has been thought of before, but i reckon its worth a try or a thought...

Yeah, its possible- the question is why would anyone want to? Assuming a modified form of the classic zinc reduction of phenols WOULD NOT work you would need enough gear that it would be almost as easy just to synthesize DMT and keep the psilocybin. Seeing as how you can always find other precursors to DMT I doubt anyone has tried this.

Heres just 0.0000000000001% of possible precursors:

Indole, milk, meat, eggs, yeast, mold, dust (yes dust), semen, feces, hondas, Ossama Bin Laden, pond scum...

You can always find at least one of those (although collecting enough semen might take lots of work, but it would be worth it to see the look on your friends face after he comes down off the DMT and you tell him how you made it!)

he, he. I've seen PLENTY of posts on the web asking about turning dmt (or tryptamine) into psilocybin, but never the other way round.

I wanna see the DMT extraction tek for Hondas. Does it work for Beemers as well? How do you defat the tyres?

No, no, no... the hondas tires are mainly for making 1,4-b. I thought everyone knew that!

Precursors are all around us- for instance, you can make mescaline and numerous amphetamines out of dirt- lets see the feds ban that precursor :P

[ 14. September 2003, 07:37: Message edited by: Auxin ]

Darklight:

I wanna see the DMT extraction tek for Hondas. Does it work for Beemers as well? How do you defat the tyres?

I think so...though for a complete sepearation,you've gotta lower the decibel levels right down first :D

The DMT should migrate to a mall layer :D :D

Auxin:

No, no, no... the hondas tires are mainly for making 1,4-b. I thought everyone knew that!

Precursors are all around us- for instance, you can make mescaline and numerous amphetamines out of dirt- lets see the feds ban that precursor :P

If I didnt know any better, I would say this chemist is flipping..... probably just came back from seeing god or sumthing ... :D

brian:

If I didnt know any better, I would say this chemist is flipping..... probably just came back from seeing god or sumthing ... :D

Nah, my religion has no god and its been a while since my encounters with 'sumthing'.

Catalytic cracking of rubber produces, amoung other things, butadiene. Purify it, do a bromination focused on 1,4 addition, isolate the 1,4 addition product, hydrogenate, hydrolyse- poof... 1,4-b

Extract dirt with lye water, acidify to pH 2, humic acid precipitates. Careful oxidation of humic acid produces phenolic aldehydes such as p-hydroxybenzaldehyde, vanillin, etc. that can be used as precursors for an array of phenethylamines and amphetamines.

Take 1 liter of fresh semen, add hydrochloric acid, reflux a while, do the heavy metal mediated isolation protocol for tryptophan, followed by decarboxylation, lewkardt-wallach reaction with formaldehyde- poof... dmt from cum.

If your determined you can even make ether starting with anti-freeze and a car battery (although beer and a car battery would be easier).