The Corroboree
Zen Peddler

king stropharia comin along

Could I get one from you (wedge) when they are ready? I never gave this one a go and I only have a spore print to go from. I can work out a trade if you like :)

Excellent :)

I isolated some from a local specimen I found in a paddock. It looks great on the plate and performs to spec on grain/ sawdust.

Put it outside in a woodchip bed and all I get is wriggly little larvae, most likely fungus gnats. Will update if the strophs outcompete

Plus it is my firm belief that no matter how well behaved an isolate looks, it's random white fluffy stuff until it is confirmed by fruiting :)

If there are any wedges of this going around I would be keen beyond belief :)

• Like 1

Stroph cultures pop up a lot in the myco community, stick around.

I can't guarantee any of mine are actually Stroph cultures until it sets fruit. Seemingly homogenous white fluffy stuff on a plate and on spawn is as far as I got right now

Trust me I have tried all the strains currently available or floating around aus and they aren't flash -sluggish beyond belief and always seem to get out competed outdoors by weed fungus or insects.

I spoke to some friends in the states and they told me their isolates are super aggressive once outdoors and pin on agar.got my hands on one of these and sourced three wild prints for painstaking strain comparisons.

hopefully will come along ok.

• Like 1

good stuff, you started from a print. if you are after someone to test any of your isolates, if you have

a few different ones. getting a good strain can be a real numbers game. the more numbers you have

the higher the chance. but saying this you can be lucky.

I have one that is a direct sector from an isolated strain that fruits, pins off agar and runs s lot quicker than most. But I'm also going back to print as well to see what I can get.

I had about twenty strains of blewitt that I refined to five - being either super fast colonizers or pinners on agar. I'm waiting for these now but its a numbers game for sure.

Hand is up, happy to coin ya Zen for stroph material.

Also if your game for some more blewit prints its game on again :wink:

haha - reckon you could clone one?

I still havent sent your shaggy mate sorry - seind tomoz.

If I can gain a bit of time I'll get the PC out....you don't get if ya don't ask...lol

What may be easier If by chance you have a clean plate at hand that can travel :wink: can just glovebox transfer....or there may be another way...lol

No probs or hurry on the shaggy mate.

Yeah ZPBG my hand will be up if you get that SRA culture to fruit.

• Like 1