The Corroboree
gr33ntea

Effects of Urine on Cactus

Their is always someone in the toilet at my house and i always wait till the last second to go urinate, so naturally i just walk to the backyard and piss in the plant pots. This one cactus i have been peeing on has suddenly started shooting out pups from everywhere to the point that it can't even deliver enough nutrients to one of the pups.

I have cut other well established and rooted PC pachonois and not one of them made more than 2 pups with vigorous watering.
But this one i have peed very little on it (most of it hits the tree behind garage) and give it water a lot and it has 7 pups coming out (one at the back you can't see)

I know urine has the main nutrients in it (NPK: Nitrogen, phosphorous, potassium) So much that you are suppose to dilute it in 9 litres of water other wise you can hurt the plant but i never guessed it would pup this much.

Of course this is unsustainable for the plant, two of the pups are not getting bigger.

post-12761-0-77182200-1394072169_thumb.j

post-12761-0-77182200-1394072169_thumb.jpg

post-12761-0-77182200-1394072169_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Just watch your sodium intake!

*** Miracle Grow MSDS ***

MiracleGrowMSDS.jpg

Edited by AZS

I have heard a lot about Miracle Grow. Is it patented?

When I saw that picture I thought it must have been BAP'd.

Nice to know urine has the same effect. :wink:

Personally I stick to worm wee but given that my garden is a court yard it might get smelly quick.

• Like 1

I'll give you a vat of premium urine for $25, I don't eat meat or junk food, so it's probably quality stuff.

The cost of posting large amounts of liquid is always pretty high though.

• Like 1

I did it in the past for a while and it really makes them grow.

A couple points to consider.

Pee on the ground beside the plant rather than on the plant.

Don't do it when the plant is dormant in winter.

and don't do it too often.

Also, I like to carry around a watering can if I'm gonna pee in the garden, to hide the evidence/smell, and wash all the goodness in properly.

While we're on the topic, I've often wondered if you peed on zucchini plants, would the zucchinis end up tasting like urine?

• Like 1

I have heard a lot about Miracle Grow. Is it patented?

I'm sure it is. They're run by Monsanto. You want to see a great example of an horrible greedy/evil corporation that is helping destroy the natural world, look into monsanto.

I'm sure it is. They're run by Monsanto. You want to see a great example of an horrible greedy/evil corporation that is helping destroy the natural world, look into monsanto.

Haha, yep i have done a lot of research on them.

* Supplied agent orange that was used to kill Vietnamese (still is today)

* GMO contamination

* Harassing farmers with mega lawsuits

List goes on, this just the top of my head

Haha, yep i have done a lot of research on them.

* Supplied agent orange that was used to kill Vietnamese (still is today)

Not to defend Monsanto, but Agent Orange was a weed killer (exfoliant). Not used to kill people. But it causes birth defects.

From personal experience i'd say that sort of reaction to urine is unusual, or your urine is unusual.

I pee on my cacti when I haven't fed them in awhile, not directly onto but around the base, no ill effects ever noticed. I don't pee much around each plant, just try to go for a few seconds in each pot.

Wish my wizz made em pup up like that.....gets me good lemons though...lol

aside Monsanto agent orange was full of dioxins and thats where the real problem was, they were one of the main suppliers and their product was the highest in dioxin....they probably threw it in knowing it was getting sprayed on another country....nasty corp.

Edited by waterboy

I have a mate that has terrible rosacea and chloracne on his face along with behavioral and learning issues. (terrible for anyone but really terrible for a young person)

His Dad was in 'Vietnam', he was sprayed with A.O and he formed the rosacea and chloracne shortly after, with no history of it or anything similar in his family.

He soon learned that this was a clinical sign of exposure and now lives on a pension paid by Dow/Monsanto.

It has been given to all his kids and they can only hope it doesnt pass down another generation as dioxin exposure usually lasts at least 3 generations.

Edited by AndyAmine.

Wish my wizz made em pup up like that.....gets me good lemons though...lol

I wonder if SAB forums will let me trade my urine in Seed & Plant Exchange

• Like 1

I have a mate that has terrible rosacea and chloracne on his face along with behavioral and learning issues. (terrible for anyone but really terrible for a young person)

His Dad was in 'Vietnam', he was sprayed with A.O and he formed the rosacea and chloracne shortly after, with no history of it or anything similar in his family.

He soon learned that this was a clinical sign of exposure and now lives on a pension paid by Dow/Monsanto.

It has been given to all his kids and they can only hope it doesnt pass down another generation as dioxin exposure usually lasts at least 3 generations.

Hearing stuff like this i want to advocate for genetic screening of sperm and embryo to ensure no corrupt data like hereditary diseases passes on, but of course this is a slippery slope to gender based abortions (which we already have)

and designer babies

edit spelling:

Edited by gr33ntea