The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Francois le Danque

Ask McDonald's why they are so shit

http://yourquestions.mcdonalds.com.au/

You guys might have seen these ads on tv, saying you can ask the Maccy Dees ANYTHING YOU WANT OMG (of course the ad only shows paid fuckwits asking inane stuff like "do you use real beef?". Far out.

Anyway, i figure we can use this opportunity to invite positive social change. If you consult the website you'll see that all sorts of useful questions do indeed get an answer from McD corporate. BUT you have to sign in with facebook. Democracy for all. I don't have facebook. This was my question.

Why do your restaurants never have Recycling bins? Plastic bottles and lids, ice cream and drink cups, chip holders, straws, are all 100% recyclable. And the food scraps should be composted. Very little of it should end up as wasted space in landfill, instead of close to all of it, which is what currently happens. And don't say it is unfeasible, because every McDonald's in Sweden already does all these things.
  • Like 6

i hate to say this but its true

many of their customers can't differentiate between a bin and any other spot that is convenient

same is true of 7-11 and nightowl. one difference is that the fastfood chains like mcdonalds clean up their car park and 7-11 don't because the one person has to serve and it would be a pain in the ass picking up all of those slurpee straw wrappers.

• Like 1

I find it funny that the ads claim that it's 'your' opportunity to ask the tough questions but the ad only proposes the common questions without offering answers to them.

I'd love to ask them a few questions that I doubt they'd ever answer.

Are acrylamide levels in french fries safe for long term human consumption ?

Do your Mcnuggets contain TBHQ or polysiloxane ?

Why do you feel the need to have your food endorsed by a clown ?

• Like 2

Hey Sally, i eat this garbage far too often (almost always because it's late and nothing else is open, but it's still atrocious :P), so i am concerned by those nasty sounding things (that i admit i've not heard of) !

What are they and why do you think mcdonald's has them in?

Thunder: this is entirely true. Most people out in the street can't even figure out their can/bottle goes in the recycling bin, even though it's right in front of their face in both writing and pictures. I have even seen people stare at the bins for a long time, trying to figure it out, only to still get it wrong. It's fucking pathetic.

My point is that it's the corporation's responsibility to train the staff how not to be so retarded, and do the sorting themselves. As you say, most maccas customers don't even go to the bin themselves, they just leave their shit for the staff to clean up. It would be easier if they just abolished bins and cut out the middle man. And, as i mentioned, this already happens in Sweden. I mean, they are a bit ahead considering their extensive use of geothermal power and ethanol/vegetable oil based automotive fuels, but we have to catch up sooner or later.

PSA: if you are unsure about recycling, it's easy. Paper, cardboard, plastic, glass, and metal, ALL go in the recycling bin. Just make sure they're empty (some councils actually want you to clean them but this is becoming increasingly rare). And don't put plastic bags in there. It's that easy. If you're unsure about something, just put it in the recyc., because as long as it's clean and non-hazardous, this can't hurt. What CAN hurt is putting it in the garbage when it might actually be recyclable. It's better to be safe than sorry!

Oh and never put your coke bottle bong in there! The hose ruins the other plastics. Just take that shit out, yo! It also stops it being so obviously incriminating. Goodnight.

• Like 2

The acrylamide is formed when you cook starchy foods in vegetable oils, it's a known carcinogen. There is some controversy over how carcinogenic it is but the studies I've seen finding it safe didn't convince me because of the way the studies were carried out.

The THBQ and polysiloxane have been found in U.S. nuggets but I can't really find many details about the additives used over here. They are only used in small amounts but I wouldn't use it in anything I cook because it's not food. Any risks from eating these types of additives are very small but if I can choose to avoid them I will.

• Like 1

Oh and never put your coke bottle bong in there! The hose ruins the other plastics. Just take that shit out, yo! It also stops it being so obviously incriminating. Goodnight.

Words of wisdom. Cheers mate :)

when I went to Disneyland I smoked in a McDonald's bathroom and left with without paying for anything .

McDonald commercials annoy me because they use healthy people to promote greasy food , the people in the commercials probually don't even eat there

• Like 1