The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
t st tantra

first known drug experiences

i've been told two things about when i was 18 months old,the first that my birth mark was growing into my spine and was burnt out with x-rays,scar is present.and secondly that i used to go roaming and would be found in a public place chewing cigarette butts.

i link these together and assume i was seeking pain relief or equivalent,surely the taste would prevent most usage.

any similar stories?

t s t .

I grew up with trippy curtains.

They have picures of frogs on fly agarics, they're all singing, playing instuments, lying around or 'getting it on'.

I wonder?????

I feel many of us first became aware of alternate realities when we have our first childhood illnesses. Mine was Mumps (Scots) and boy, did the fever trip me out. Many of the reality bending properties of enthoegens were present with high fever.

Yeah a really good dose of the flu was mine!

The sound of the sheets on my bed,rustling as I turned over amidst a high fever,sounded like cracker night to my ears.......frightening

Adrian, do you stil have the curtains I'll swap ANYTHING

I was the kind of kid you could take anywhere.

My parents did a small indoor plant business and used to go to some pretty groovy parties where i think i must have gotten stoned by accident from all the smoke.

And we used to go for long walks in Pine forests in Autumn with friends......never did get that until much much later :)

Not so much my own experience but it kind of is... I met some really cool people as a kid and it shaped my view on people on drugs...

You "lucky,......lucky bastard!

Actually I think the first shift in reality is, when you get evicted from the womb-squeezed through a small hole,get your head squashed,your lifeline cut,get hung upside down and smacked on the arse

[ 21. May 2003, 23:26: Message edited by: mescalito ]

I still want to pull myself together one more time and write the story about my 1972 hash/opium/lsd/whatever-horror-trip, I promise it will be good and the 6th story in "gomaos garden"...if I can only concentrate...

When I was four I opened up my grandmothers hand bag and found a bottle of pinkies that I thought looked alot like smarties. I chewed on a few before I desided that thay tested a bit funny. So I told gran that here smarties where yuk and she should buy them from our milkbar because thay tested better.

Yep...gran paniced and i spent a pritty relaxed afternoon in hospital from what I can remember.

Anyway that was my first known drug experience

Hee hee, nice one Von!

Did you find out what they were?

Or have you secretly been hanging for them ever since, consoled only barely by smarties. :P

Mescalito: yep still have em, mind you some of the frogs have been licked a little though

Come to think of it, I think my first psychedelic experiences were dreams.

Apart from that; I used to get a kick out of loss of inertia i.e being whizzed around by the arms or spinning on the spot with arms outstretched until overcome with vertigo.

On the odd occasion in my childhood if I were to be taken to a Mc D's (or well equipped playground), I'd make the most of it by jumping in the whizzi-dizz(?)/round thing and spin until I vomited & repeat :D

Although the original question related to 'drug' experiences I believe that it is the 'story book adventurer' in us all that uses our imagination.

Puhh, Stories of talking animals & plants, unrealistic colors & ideas, imaginary friends! Why that's...unimaginably silly.

But it wasn't unimaginable back in the good ol'daze of childhood.

I think first true substance/ drug induced experiences were pre-natal.

Do you know how hard it is to roll a joint with placental mucous all over your hands? Yeesh :rolleyes:

[ 22. May 2003, 04:23: Message edited by: Adrian ]

yep, agree totally w/above.

i never had a dwug expeerience, the swings & roundabouts were enough for me- surely i can't be the only one who's realised when "on one" just how trippy "kids world" can be?

miagrains as a small child was heaps of fun seeing things in between vomiting and being in LOTS of pain, hung out with bikers with my mum from about 5yrs old, saw lots of things certain herbs mostly, then we moved to central australia so i grew a habit of wandering of into the bush on some crazy adventure and eating strange things (i thought i was some kind of explorer) looking back on it now i probably shouldnt have. but geez it was fun. umm then mums new boyfriend when i was about 10 liked plants taught me lots about certain interesting ones etc, umm well there is lots more but your getting onto my life story so some other time maybe

next time your in the presence of a yard monkey check out the pupils, every infant,small child has enlarged pupils, large pupils are attractive to humans and this is according to some why this happens, lets face it, if you have ever watched a birth you have to wonder how a mother could ever love somthing that caused so much pain. but the gotta love me eyes are part of natures way of protecting our young. this would also explain why when we were kids christmas lights and colours were so much brighter.

Kids are a trip... there hologram is still fluid.

I just love kids. Just back from Iberia where i got a chance to see my brother in laws child, male, 2 and a bit walking,running everywhere and hungry for language. You can see him makeing his world by finding something asking what it is then repeating it until it is then part of reality.

But just being part of the pure joy, love and happiness young children feel is a true pleasure.

S.F.B.!

That's what we're here for.

They learn from US!

Hopefully the next generations will be not be Psychedelically challenged

Yeah hopefully when today's little one's grow up, the tide has turned and the world is not run by rednecks anymore, but by us good people.

People showing signs of redneckism like racism, faschism, violent behaviour and thinking will be sent for regular treatments into "psychedelic hospitals"until they are in flow with the energies of the universe, no more George(W)Bushes and Hank Hills, HALLELUWAH!

also remmember being about 6,playing hide and seek,hid in a wormwood hedge on a hot day,it was real nice and dreamy,so i stayed 4 a while and let the game go on without me.

'sickness will surely take the mind,

where minds dont usually go,

come on the amazing journey and learn all you need to know' rough quote from amazing journey from tommy by the who.i recently imprinted this before getting a cold and had it on mental replay several times a day.its behind some of my recent posts.hopefully this is the cycle ending.

t s t .

Adrian:

Hee hee, nice one Von!

Did you find out what they were?

Or have you secretly been hanging for them ever since, consoled only barely by smarties.    :P    

Hi Adrian,

Good to see ya still around Adrian :)

LoL....I never did find out what thay where, if i had to guess Valium.

I was reading Reading Dr rick strassmans book on DMT and he mentions something about caesarian births missing out on the DMT experience of birth and so having different experiences later in life when under the influence of DMT

Using that logic i wonder if the relationship extrapolates also to difficult, complicated and prolonged births. The kinds that involve a combination of a near death and birth experience.

I dont think that there is any doubt here that the birth experience has a huge effect on your subconscious and many here are trying to find a way to get back and beyond this moment but most have no recollection of birth at all and thus find it hard to compare it with entheogens.

That explains male sex drive :D

"TAKE ME BACK TO THE WOMB!"

On a serious NB!How many of you have been or seen someone either;intoxicated beyond their belief, or suffering mental anguish,end up lying on the floor in the foetal position??

[ 26. May 2003, 00:16: Message edited by: mescalito ]

mescalito:

On a serious NB!How many of you have been or seen someone either;intoxicated beyond their belief, or suffering mental anguish,end up lying on the floor in the foetal position??

Me every saturday night...lol

"most have no recollection of birth at all"

I've heard that Heimia s. can correct that for some people if used properly, has anyone here actually experienced that or anything close to that?

mescalito:

That's what we're here for.

They learn from US!

or maybe we should be the ones learning from them

reville, it's interesting you mention caesarian births and the DMT experience. apparently there's a higher incidence of schizophrenia amongst caesarians... with DMT levels having a possible link with schizophrenia. i wonder how kids that have underwater births turn out.

and on the topic of stanislav grof he also invented holotropic breathwork a drugless method to experience birth, lost memories and some interesting transpersonal states. i think there's a workshop running in brisbane around october.

quote:

stanislav grof he also invented holotropic breathwork a drugless method to experience birth, lost memories and some interesting transpersonal states. i think there's a workshop running in brisbane around october.

really now in brisbane you say well if you find out more keep me informed cause i would love to go