The Corroboree
Cimi

Sorry for killing the free trade thread

Hey guys,

I realise that because of my (over?) zealous pursuit of publicising bad experiences in the free trade thread (Seed & Plant Exchange), the thread has now been locked (same deal for the international "high-end serial trading thread").

I want to apologise for this unintended consequence because I know a lot of us enjoyed that thread.

I got frustrated with the problems that were had in it. Sorry, I know that losing the thread probably pissed off a lot of people. When I saw that it had been locked I even felt disappointed. But I guess it's how things have to be for now. Hopefully we can find the right balance.

At first I did feel really shit about losing the thread, but as time passes I'm liking the Seed & Plant Exchange forum more and more. Maybe it will be a better forum for this, maybe not. What do other members think about not having it there anymore? Does it suck, or is it working for you?

I kind of like that all the threads in there now are more targeted, pop up and disappear more quickly, and their trades can be conducted exclusively via pm if desired for privacy reasons.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Cimi

relax bro

• Like 3

The issue you highlighted is not the first. If you scroll through the threads history it has been plagued by similar issues over and over again.

Wasn't your fault.

• Like 4

Not your fault at all mate, if anything you should be applauded for pointing it out and not letting people (me) get away with it, you done what everyone should.

i didnt lock the threads because of what any single individual had done. I am still trying to work oout a fool proof way to get those threads back up and going again withough any f the historic problems that have plagued them.

Until then i think it would be awesome if people did free giveaways.

• Like 3

We could get a hitman on the Sab payroll.

• Like 6

Slow traders and plebiscite mods

• Like 1

i didnt lock the threads because of what any single individual had done. I am still trying to work oout a fool proof way to get those threads back up and going again withough any f the historic problems that have plagued them.

Until then i think it would be awesome if people did free giveaways.

Just start a new one Hillbilly, and give away something AWESOME!

IPVZtoT.gif

I think Matt is actively trying to destroy these threads.

Take a look at his latest in the myco forum. To understand why this is fucked please see his trade rep thread

• Like 2