The Corroboree
myco

strange booms in the south west of W.A.

hey all thought i'd just put up a thread about this

what can i say im one of those weird people that like to watch shows about weird shit from aliens and ghosts to bigfoot and whatever other strange unexplained things are out there

over the last year or 2 i have seen alot on some different doco's and on youtube vids about strange booms and other sounds being heard all over the world

alot of the youtube alot of the youtube videos seem pretty fake

anyway a couple of days ago it was about 11 PM and suddenly a very very large boom shook the house and everything

it was pretty strange sounded like an explosion i didnt think to much of it

then the next day around 1 PM again a large loud boom

im in a small town no one i know seems to have any idea what it is though they did hear it to

my mum also said she's heard it before this aswell as others i know

i thought maybe some kind of work going on somewhere but at 11 o'clock at night seems a little odd

as i say its a small town its not like the city where they have road workers and things like that working throughout the night

i dunno just thought it was a little strange was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences in oz

Edited by myco

People like to explode things this time of year. Could be that :scratchhead:

• Like 1

yeh i thought about that sometimes we have farmers blowing stumps out of the ground but not usually in the middle of the night

Any mines around your area ? you close to Boddington ?

Nah I'm way way south no mines anywhere around here nothin but bush and farms for 100's of K's

Maybe you've got someone down that way connected with the australind dude who was playin with 'mother of satan'?

The US has several air bases where they operate from within WA. It could be a sonic boom that you heard if you are within the radius of where the boom could be heard from JSF's or other craft capable of supersonic speeds.

Just speculation though, I don't even know if JSF's have been in Australian airspace yet.

Edited by Sally
  • Like 2

Are you anywhere near the Denmark fire? Purely a uneducated guess but maybe that's creating weird weather activity. If not, then yeah, obviously sharks.

The fire in Denmark is fairly close probly anywhere around 50-100ks away

Fighter Jets was another thought I had we used to often get fighter jets flying over head along the coast

I have seen and heard one break the sound barrier directly over my head at a very very low height when I was at the beach once

Wich I'm pretty sure they aren't alowed to do

I havent seen any for a few years but Could definately be a possibility

• Like 1

Bird cannons do have a similar sound but this was way louder and we don't have any vineyards or orchards around here

Unless someone fired one off for fun in the middle of town But in the middle of the day that's pretty unlikely

I'm starting to think a sonic boom from a jet makes more sense than anything else

With the odd times of happening in the middle of the night and in the middle of the day the next day

And the fact I have seen them down here before on a few occasions

the one time I had seen one flying very very low I was at the beach sandboarding ran to the top of the hill and happened to spot a little speck in the distance coming at me extremely fast and completely silent within probly a few split seconds it went directly over my head and BOOM

Definately broke the sound barrier I absolutely shit my pants and literally jumped on the ground that's how low it was I thought I was going to get hit by it it looked like a fucken missile comin at me if i could pause the moment of it overhead i couldve thrown a rock at it it was seriously low then as it banked and curved around the bay you could actually see that circular shimmering coming from the wings

Makes sense that maybe they have been doing some training or something

still I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to break the sound barrier over land

Edited by myco

Have you heard any humming noises?

Edited by Bush Turkey

heaps of recent loud boom reports from all over the world. Starting from October

I heard a strange noise the other day that sounded like constant thunder. There was no clouds in the sky.

Then i realised it was just my neighbour wheeling his bin down his massive, uneven, bricked driveway hahaha so i put the bong down :P

• Like 2

No humming noises and yeh we've had some earthquakes over recent years

I can say it's definately not like the earthquakes I have experienced in the past they always seemed to come as a slow rumble that built up like a freight train or something coming through

This is more like an explosion or like a sonic boom although it made the house shake it was very quick and loud

I think at this point I'm gonna go with most likely fighter jets be interesting to see if i hear it again

As I said I've only heard it the 2 times but my mum and a few friends have said they've heard it before not to long ago

:excl: Aum Supreme Truth sect up to their old tricks :excl:

nah none of those crazy humming noises

i seen heaps of those vids its hard to say whats fake and whats real with them if any are even real

there's allot of em though its a bit scary if i heard those noises i would have been shittin myself bad that's scary as haha

the closest thing i can find to it was on a series i watched not to long ago called the unexplained files

this is a clip from it of the booms in cape fear in north Carolina in the U.S.

one guy managed to record the sounds and that's pretty much exactly what it sounded like only its very very loud

it doesn't sound like its of in the distance it sounds really close

Maybe some kind of clandestine mining effort using sound? Could be Earth picking up virbations from the Sun or elsewhere in space? We don't even get told what Tony Abbott has planned for the boat people, why the hell would we be told about the uncomfortably loud booms?

I don't get sounds around my house, but I do get really nasty metal/chemical tastes and smells in the air at between 1 and 4 in the morning from what I beleive is planes and helicopters spraying for 'mosquitos' in our area. Yet mosquitos still outnumber humans in Brisbane 999999:1

Ok so wat the fuck it just happened again literally in the last few minutes probably about 3-4 mins ago

And I can say now with certainty that was not a sonic boom I am right next to an open door

This shits gettin a little strange now

It almost sounds like its coming from the ground

This is really starting to weird me out now

Go into trance and ask the land.