The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Gilbert Nolander

New Here

I don't know if it is typical to post a sort of introduction or not, but here goes. I am new to this forum and I would just like to say hi. I couldn't really find any other active forum's on Shamanism, besides yahoo groups, which is a big pain in the butt...So I figured I would come here and hang out.

Well, I guess if you want to learn more about me, feel free to take a look at my webpage by clicking on my sig. and I will ahhh. probably be lurking around for quite a bit.

I am pretty much undecided on any sort of religion, but am really into Native American beliefs, though I just recently found out that almost every modern Native American author is a fraud....see Red Road Collective for more info on this. Anyway, this has been rather shocking to my system, and I am sort of unsure what is real or not.

I don't really know what I think about anything, and I am pretty much open to anything that feels true to me.

Anyway, :cool:

[ 01. April 2003, 04:33: Message edited by: Gilbert Nolander ]

Me too, been posting for a month or so-these guys are great!! the interface is user friendly and I've received seeds and plants and advice-all good :) might check your link gotta go now!

Hello, welcome, put yer feet up, can I get you a drink?

:)

yes please barperson. a large rum and coke - no ice. better get on with it, glass is getting low.

Welcome! Sounds like you're in good need of revelation. Let me tell you that you'll only find it within yourself....possibly with the help of some friendly plants on the way.

Darklight, could you get me a Manhattan please?

WD look what yev started now, you know the limits of my hospitality

Anyhow all I got is this frothy cauldron stuff I scored offa some ole lady who had a thing for apples, if you need luxury I can put a lil' umbrella in it.

Hi there gilbert. welcome welcome.

Plenty deep conversations, that should be helpfull for your shamanism quest.

--------------------------------------------------

*beware of the Chemical Shaman though :) , you'll see what I mean when he swings by. (hmmmm, hasn't poped up in a while????) He has a weird effect on most forum members. Some have built up tolerance to him (it?)! :D

--------------------------------------------------

hmmmm, DL, No worries, I'll share my goodies and be of hand around the bar if you need me to.....

:P

[ 02. April 2003, 07:24: Message edited by: brian ]

Hey, no beer for me, a dose of DAT will do me, thanks...

Velcome, glad to see you crossed the threshold of your own free will, "tequila sunrise dl hold the brolly please".

shroomy - I don't know if I would say own free will, but thanks.

I sort of have had some strange things happen to me, and well.. I tried to find out what was going on and I found either shamanism, or psychotic behaviour...

I sometimes feel that if I don't try and learn as much as possible about what is going on that I will die. This may sound strange, but I have had several near death experiences, going weeks without sleep or food, and the like...

Anyway, I don't really like to even talk about this stuff, I just felt this impulse to put this in, maybe others here have felt similarly or something.

:cheers:

g'day,now you know where your talking too!

heimia highly recommended for psychosis!pls post results.

t s t .

I'm new here too, but I think you should think twice about making such a broad statement, as "Every modern native American author is a fraud" I need way more than one source of information to prove something like that. Besides it is a REAL broad generalization, like saying everyone in Australia is named Bruce, or that everyone in New York lives in “The City” and sounds like Tony Soprano. If you believed everything that you read, it would be a traumatically confusing world, wouldn’t it?

[ 09. April 2003, 19:35: Message edited by: skunkjar ]

Yea, Skunk your right. It's just that I have read several books that is listed there, and I sort of thought they were BS, though they were real good. I have e-mailed the lady who posted that list, and she seems pretty smart, and well in touch with some native elders, and she was basically saying that Native Elders do not have time to write books, and besides that, their processes and methods are kept secret unless they feel that someone is generally going to help other people and also have the ability to bring some sort of respect to their views.

I did a little reading on heimia, and it sounds pretty interesting. I tend to stay away from hallucinogens, I have had some strange experiences with them. The stuff I read said it has minor hallucinogenic properties? Perhaps I should stay away from this? I guess if it is similiar to cannabis, but a bit more intestse, that's no problem, but if its anything like shrooms or anything, there's no way.

[ 12. April 2003, 12:38: Message edited by: Gilbert Nolander ]

Gilbert Nolander:

but if its anything like shrooms or anything, there's no way.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm shrooooooommmmmmmmsssss yummy