The Corroboree
irabionist

Hayfever ethno's

So I recently bought some Hayfever tablets that turned out to be herbal, and I suffer from ridiculous hayfever.

I was wondering if people had any thoughts, ideas, knowledge or whatever about ethnobotanicals that can relieve such pain in the face area.

So the tablets I bought had Albizia lebbek (dry stem bark) and Scutellaria baicalensis (dry root).

post-12907-0-57983700-1386485431_thumb.j

post-12907-0-57983700-1386485431_thumb.jpg

post-12907-0-57983700-1386485431_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

trust me dude sorry but no herb works. i have chronic allergies and have tried EVERYTHING.. gone through all the meds too.

ie clarantyne, telfast, and all that shit it doesnt work... got me gp to give me a nosespray that works[gotta use it everyday] but its $40 bucks 4 5mls :crux: also got a script 4 true pseudo pills 4 a quick fix..

a lil while go i ate my whole plant [ephedra] that died and also got a quick fix and my hayfever came strait back :BANGHEAD2:

My GF gets it bad. The only thing that ever gives her any relief is sudafed tablets (the real ones) and ginseng extracts too.

It doesn't last long though and usually comes back.

She likes to take a long hot shower and rug up until she sweats. That seems to fix it properly.

im thinking irritants are the cause of this, aka mites and shit, not just pollen.

the medical community denies it. they simply say they are on everyone... pfft, so sick of doctors who think they god... they just regurgitating what they got tough. never figured out a single think in their life.

Edited by C_T

im thinking irritants are the cause of this, aka mites and shit, not just pollen.

the medical community denies it. they simply say they are on everyone... pfft, so sick of doctors who think they god... they just regurgitating what they got tough. never figured out a single think in their life.

my gp rocks dude he is old skool and cares 4 humans lol!! he just doesnt give ya sum pills. he will talk to ya and do sum test and shit and gos out of hes way to fix ya!!! not many around like this dude!!!!

he also fixed a badass problem with 1 of my gurls. he also tells what herbs and shit that will work :wink: if u ya get what i mean :innocent_n:

Edited by bullit
  • Like 1

This isn't directly a hayfever remedy, but my friend finds relief in wild dagga (acetone extract I made) wen it comes to her cat allergy. I have never researched this bit thought I'd drop it here for people to try.

I use the mangosteen fruit powder mixed in with grape juice and have it off and on especially before and during the season and have found symptoms greatly reduced and shorter lived. In the past I would go for three to six weeks of insane nasal inflammation, draninage, blockage and itchy eyes. Now the experience over the previous few years has been reduced to around a few one day episodes (this year it was in November) that aren't so bad as they used to be.

That's my experience anyway.

Just been reading an interesting paper, hadn't come across much in the way of effective herbal remedies for hayfever etc in my previous reading, so I thought it was worth dredging up this old thread to add it:

Rosmarinic Acid as a Novel Agent in the Treatment of Allergies and Asthma

HUMAN CLINICAL TRIALS ON ROSMARINIC ACID:

Takano and colleagues conducted a 21-day, randomized, double-blind, clinical trial in which various doses of a Rosmarinic acid-enriched Perilla extract were compared with placebo in the treatment of allergic conjunctivitis. Study subjects received the enriched extract at 200 mg per day or 50 mg per day, or placebo. Symptoms were recorded in a daily log along with periodic nasal lavage. There was a dose-dependent decrease in subject-reported symptoms including itchy nose, itchy eyes, and watery eyes. The treatment groups also had significantly lower neutrophil and eosinophil levels by nasal lavage. In another study, the same group administered Rosmarinic acid to subjects with seasonal allergic rhinitis and examined cytokine concentrations from nasal cells obtained by lavage. Again, the treatment groups had decreased neutrophil and eosinophil counts compared to the placebo group.

SUMMARY:

The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects of Rosmarinic acid (and plants high in this compound) make it a valuable tool in the treatment of allergic conditions, especially respiratory allergies.

But then, any excuse to eat more perilla is fine by me! Apparently there is a version of kim chi which is made with green perilla leaves instead of wombok - sadly my attempts at growing the green-leafed plants haven't yielded enough to try this, but it sounds like the absolute bomb. I may have to attempt a variant with purple perilla instead if my green plants don't lift their game.