The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Halif

Upcoming moving sale - cacti bonanza!!

Hello good people of the SAB board!

EDIT FOR UPDATE (original post is still below, unedited):

-The narrow leaf shrub is gone.

-ONE of three small but solid potted peruvians with long spines is gone. TWO left.

RESERVED: deep green peruvian with very long spikes (60cm tall), the TBM (penis cacti), and the dual pronged pedro (one with stump and two relatively small off-shoots).

Oh, and I can't help it. Look at the narrow leaf when I brought it over here three or four years back. It was so easy to transport then!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymqo84gzaev06cg/narrow%20leaf%20at%20two%20years.jpg

EDIT: I have to be out of here by early December, but have not prepared the cacti yet. So, I'll be adding pics as the days go by and giving a more detailed idea of what I've got. ALso, I have a nice shrub with narrow leaves - about five years old. Very hardy and attractive in summer.

Sadly, I must vacate the premises on which I have lived for the last couple of years... or has it been four yeasr already?!

Anyway, there's no way I can take all my cacti. There aren't a huge number of them, nor are there any super rare things (that I know of), but they have grown and are kind of beyond posting. I am based in Greenborough, so not exactly close to the city (but then... how many SABBERs would be living in the city I wonder?!)

Tallest is a columnar cacti at around 1.5 metres, has flowered, and is around seven years old.

Most are around sixty centimetres in length, and some are quite chunky indeed.

Peruvian, Pedro, Eileen, Psycho0, Super Pedro and some littlies that I may well just give to anyone who's willing to come and get it.

See, that's the thing, I am beyond busy and the only way I can do this is if people come and get them. I'll consider the distance any person has to travel when negotiating price. Ideally, someone wants all of them (or most of them) and can do a single pick up.

Details and pics to follow in the coming days.

Moderators, please let me know if I am skirting around any dangerous legal territory in describing the cacti or posting pictures of them (or anything else). Thank you so much.

-Halif

Edited by Halif
  • Like 4

:D Oooh, might be interested! Need to see if i can get a lift first!

Ooohh wasn't expecting such a quick response. I wish I had pics and stuff up.

Thank you to the three who PM'd. I will respond to you each later, just for the member who was asking about pots. That was a question regarding potted cacti, I thought worth putting out here.

I think most are in the ground. But I could be wrong because it's pretty even: ground to pot ration. Sorry, but pics and replies will have to wait till later.

Thanks guys who PMd. I'll certainly get back to you ASAP.

• Like 1

OK, quite a few people seem quite keen, so I had better get a timeline together or something to structure it a bit. I am frequently out of the house suddenly because I'm the only licenced driver, and I have a brother and girlfriend who depend on being picked up/dropped off at random times. That means I can never guarantee I'll be home at any point unless I make an appointment.

If I can, I'd like to put some pics here before anyone gets too excited. They have suffered some neglect at times, but are ultimately pretty healthy (uhhh the cacti... not my bro and GF).

As keen as people are, I think it would be better for me if I got stuff ready and prepared and then opened the doors (floodgates) next week. I hope that doesn't disappoint anyone too much. I really appreciate how enthusiastic you guys are!

I'll keep you posted. DOn't worry, I have your PMs so I know you asked about what first.

Edited by Halif
  • Like 1

interested pls

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ebb1bzpchsgbmj/two%20peru%20and%20psycho0%20in%20middle.jpg

See if this works...

All right!! Probably the least attractive picture to choose from the whole bunch. Let's try that again, putting them all into one album....

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zdfi35f1ck3yuf3/Cs_iYEs_L6

This should be a bit less than half, not including littlies.

Note the slim and lean pedro - that one I've had the longest and am sad to see her go. I'll post pics of her flowering if I can find it.

Edited by Halif
  • Like 1

I'd love your Psycho0 and TBM if they're available! And a Yowie too if you have one :)

the slim lean pedro is beautiful but I doubt I could even fit it in my car! pmd

Edited by simhanada

Some more pics (hopefully - just getting to grips with DropBox)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nw2f44vh0an9vgb/bNGVCIBeHX

I love the shot of the tall pedro flowering with rays of light eminating from it. I swear there was no filtering or trickery. I just pointed and clicked a few times from slightly different angles and got a bunch of these god rays blasting out - as if the flowers weren't spectacular enough.

I will try to take into consideration eveyrone's preferences and circumstances. I appreciate that uit's easier for some than others to get here and to transport the stuff. Imagine trying to carry that six foot pedro on the train!!!

Also, I am crap when it comes to pricing. Normally, I don't think about money much, but I am in a very, very precarious situation and really need some cash. I guess discussing it via PM is the way to go, and prices can be negotiated once you have seen the plants in real life, because some of them have some blemishes.

Edited by Halif