The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
tripsis

Outsourcing raising of Nitrogen's mutant seed

I have virtually all the hybrids with monstrose/cristate parents from Nitrogen. I don't have the time or space to raise them at the moment, but am still interested in the progeny produced. So I would like to outsource raising them to a trustworthy/competent forum member. That member will get to keep all the offspring, but in return, I would like a cutting or graft all whichever individuals I am interested in at some point down the line, or perhaps even be send specific individuals when they're old enough to be posted (probably a year or two, unless grafted) and I can then send a cutting or graft back in return. There will not be a limit on the number of plants I could ask cutings of, but realistically, it probably won't be too many, just a few of the one that appeal to me.

Seeing as I've done something similar with Solanaecae seeds before, asking only for photographs of them to be posted in return, and not a single member whom I distributed the seeds to kept their word, you'll have to convince me that you're actually going to be fair and keep your end of the deal. Perhaps I'll split the seeds and send to a couple of members.

Anyway, if you're interested, post here and I'll decide.

• Like 2

Great to see you back posting mate.

I am not putting my hand up as i have way to much going on at the moment and living in WA would be a bit of an issue as well.:)

Cheers

Got

I'd so do this but alas I'm in the US.

Hope you find a good candidate.

*EG85*

I have 2 questions: were do you live and from what genus are the seeds ?

• Like 1

I could do a few for you. just graft the lot and what takes could be passed back? I don't want to do all of them but lol.

• Like 1

i could do some of them if you want

yes pls very interested and cuts anytime you like

Definitely interested in this, US here and have sown my share of seeds. I happened to pick up a nitrogen plant on the interwebs and love it so this is a dream ;p

I'd have a go for you Tripsis - I've been busily growing all sorts of cacti using the Take-Away tek, then moving them into the 2x4 trays and eventually out into pots. Over the last few years my techniques have grown so I'm not losing many at all now. I've organised a nice shady spot for hardening off which was the biggest issue, I put them outside too quick and lost a lot to sunburn... I can send you some photos of my seedlings if you like

See how you go - there's more experienced growers here, but I'll have a go if you want. I'm happy to send photos - just got a new camera and it's 18.2mp and has an awesome macro!

Welcome back mate, long time no see. Id love to have a crack at these for you.

Thanks for the welcome, Got and Quartflesh, it's good to see you're both still around too. :)

I could do a few for you. just graft the lot and what takes could be passed back? I don't want to do all of them but lol.

You're on Stillman, you definitely fit the criteria. You're in Sydney, yeah? Let me know how many you want and I'll send them your way. :)

I'd have a go for you Tripsis - I've been busily growing all sorts of cacti using the Take-Away tek, then moving them into the 2x4 trays and eventually out into pots. Over the last few years my techniques have grown so I'm not losing many at all now. I've organised a nice shady spot for hardening off which was the biggest issue, I put them outside too quick and lost a lot to sunburn... I can send you some photos of my seedlings if you like

See how you go - there's more experienced growers here, but I'll have a go if you want. I'm happy to send photos - just got a new camera and it's 18.2mp and has an awesome macro!

Sure mate, you've definitely been around long enough. Let see some photos simply for the sake of it. everyone loves photos, right? :)

Welcome back mate, long time no see. Id love to have a crack at these for you.

As above, done. :)

Reckon that's it. We can work out the rest in PM.

• Like 1

Don't worry, in a few years there'll be so many of these being passed around the community it'll be impossible to keep track of what's what.

• Like 3