The Corroboree
teonanacatl

Australia is Fucked- Australian Sex Party Ad

If they weren't already at the top of my list, I think that would have done it for me :lol: Pretty fucked up choice of candidates this election. I never thought I'd be putting Labour second on the HOR :unsure:

The one nation preference issue is the worst reason to not vote for the sex party! No matter who you vote for preferences will go to some weird party unless you vote below the line.

• Like 1

If your worried about voting below the line this site lets you arrange your preferences then save and print it so you can get it right on election day.

http://senate.io

• Like 1

If your worried about voting below the line this site lets you arrange your preferences then save and print it so you can get it right on election day.

Getting to the last 40 choices or so was so fucking grim (and the part before that wasn't exactly filled with pleasant choices either).

• Like 1

You can also use http://belowtheline.org.au/

Yes but what about the NORMAL people?

Are you saying that because I'm part of the 5% of people so awesome that they have the physical and mental endurance to vote below the line that I'm not normal?

i think that exactly what he's saying. unfortunately he has a point :/

Are you saying that because I'm part of the 5% of people so awesome that they have the physical and mental endurance to vote below the line that I'm not normal?

Of course you're not normal.

A normal Australian is beer swilling pig that worships the code of football endemic to their area and or V8 supercars and gets an erection anytime an engine is started.

Most Aussies just don't have the attention span to stand there and fill it all in below the line either, so that's another "abnormality"

The ballot papers were designed with the lack of intelligence/attention span and/or malaise factor. That's how they managed to get the fixed preference system that goes hand in hand with the vote above the line scheme off the ground.

Preferential voting is bullshit, someone should campaign to get rid of that. Most people these days can read so how that enormous opportunity for corruption still exists has got me fucked.

Just look at the current ballot paper, it been designed from the ground up to give preferences to LNP by the way it's structured and where all the so called "right wing" butfuck bullshit parties are positioned.

This election is fixed.

LNP by at least 8 seats

and everyone hates tony abbott

• Like 1

Indeed, the system is so bad that even Anthony Green thinks it's fucked: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-29/green-senate-ballot-system-threatens-more-than-our-eyesight/4921966

I agree that it's shite that I have to tackle the tablecloth if I want to put the Sex party 1st but want to allocate my preferences differently to them. I also think it is clear that 'right-wing 'microparties' are using the situation to game the system.

(Maybe I should continue this rant in the Election Bitch thread?)

This year will be my first year voting (ever), thanks to mum and the mrs forging my enrolment paper! I have no fucking clue what to do, maybe ill just move house again and they might loose me :-/ looks like I should get onto those above links this weekend..

Most Aussies just don't have the attention span to stand there and fill it all in below the line either, so that's another "abnormality"

I reckon if you get in the door without choking on a how-to-vote card, the hard part's over. Counting writing down consecutive numbers starting at 1 is a fairly simple task, but I'd be quite happy if they got rid of the "above the line", and changed it so you could add as few preferences as you like (I think most people think they are just voting for a single party when they vote above the line anyway). That way a lot of people would just put one candidate, or every candidate from their favourite party. Others would also do their second and third party. And some of us would do all of them just to make sure that the half a dozen white nationalist parties stand less of a chance. Seems a lot more fair and democratic than all the political bullshit from preference deals.

If you cant be bothered to vote below the line then vote sex party above. Chances are if you cant be bothered to vote below then you won't care who gets in and you may as well try for the sex party.

the sex party looks like mainstream political evil in disguise....to me.

I definitely don't see how voting for them is like not voting labor, liberal or the greens.

but I still have to vote this weekend and I don't like just wasting my vote, so I am trying to find a good protest vote but got no idea yet.

There's an anarchist group ticket on the vic ballot. I thought it was kind of interesting, considering that anarchists don't believe in rule/government. Also, the main guy apparently isn't enrolled to vote :lol:.

cheers ballzac,

nah, not gonna vote for them.

maybe there's a real "legalise drugs" party...or at least, legalise pot party?

anyway, got the best part of a week to have a look.

oh and the referendum on local council is what this election is really about...mate if we give that away we're seriously f'ed on.

Has Anyone heard anything more from Anne Bressinton. I know she is not running for pm but she should.

I wish she would try and make the news this week with something, might help wake people up and vote in a less zombified manner.

cheers ballzac,

nah, not gonna vote for them.

maybe there's a real "legalise drugs" party...or at least, legalise pot party?

anyway, got the best part of a week to have a look.

oh and the referendum on local council is what this election is really about...mate if we give that away we're seriously f'ed on.

http://www.druglawreform.com.au/ No idea about these guys, just saw the posters around town, figured it's about time. Don't know about their prefs etc though...

why the hell would the sex party prefer that idiot ? surely she hates things they like