The Corroboree
rahli

MDMA for PTSD on 7.30

weren't psychotherapists using mdma for therapy way back in the 50s-60s until they canned it like LSD? saw a bit of a minu doco on that, is be quite surprised if they were actually going to allow it to be used for those purposes again

yeah there's still a few organizations that do trials but they trial everything, trying to remember the name of one institute in particular that you can apply to volunteer for

It really shits me when there are obvious benefits of this kind of therapy and the general public/government make it near impossible for PTSD sufferers to access it because of the "illicit" tag that is attached.

The sad truth is that if people are denied access to a controversial therapy that can potentially change their lives for the better, then they'll probably turn to abusing harder drugs & alcohol in a much more socially destructive way.

Edited by Scrubby
  • Like 2

Tears in my eyes, its true, controversial therapies can help,, and an 80% success rate! Seems obvious it works. Come on Australia, open your arms and hearts and minds <3

• Like 1

i agree with scrubby, most ptsd sufferers, turn to alc and other street drugs in an attempt to reduce, there almost constant pain.

unfortunately, this kills and harms many of them, so refusing treatments with mdma, actualy produces more suffering.

i believe those war related ptsd cases are, much easier to treat, than what is called a complex ptsd, which has it's roots in early child hood.

the idea of using mdma, during shrink sessions is very old and very good, and saves the government or the patient, a lot of money, because often people don't want to talk about the pain, but with the use of mdma, they will.

what is it good for, to have 3 months treatment with a shrink, without ever going to the core, of the problem, and this is what happens, often....

imho, ayahuasca, is a far better option, regarding the treatment of ptsd, and so are other halus, including shrooms.

in short australias drug laws, kills and harms people, i am sorry to say ( i suffer from a complex ptsd).

Edited by planthelper
  • Like 2

The pharmaceutical companies don't make any money if they cure people... it would be bad for their business to bring out a medicine that you took once and were cured... they need you to come back every month and buy more for the rest of your life.

• Like 1

It really shits me when there are obvious benefits of this kind of therapy and the general public/government make it near impossible for PTSD sufferers to access it because of the "illicit" tag that is attached.

The sad truth is that if people are denied access to a controversial therapy that can potentially change their lives for the better, then they'll probably turn to abusing harder drugs & alcohol in a much more socially destructive way.

You just summed up the rationale behind my research very succinctly. Cheers.

Re: the linked video; awesome thanks! My mum called me the other day when i was at my dealer's house telling me "they're using hallucinogenic drugs to treat ptsd on the telly". I thought it was ironic but bad timing (there was no tv).

Thanks ABC and rahli, was wondering if i would get to see this.

The pharmaceutical companies don't make any money if they cure people... it would be bad for their business to bring out a medicine that you took once and were cured... they need you to come back every month and buy more for the rest of your life.

Actually, the drugs I am researching appear to only need a one-off dose, though only time will tell if a pharma comp is interested in mass producing such a chemical...