The Corroboree
gtarman

Giant sunflower seed giveaway, 3 packs

Hey guys, so I'm back around after a bit of a break from the forums and I thought I'd give away some giant sunflower seeds, chase away the winter blues and all.

These are supposed to be some of the biggest out there, some kind of hybrid between Amazon and Giant Russian...this is the picture from the place I bought them:

$(KGrHqJHJEsFDyVBDJBvBQ9Ek3T1kw~~60_35.J

They reckon the biggest one they grew was nearly 28ft tall, and apparently the flowerheads do get pretty massive. Let's see if we can't outdo them perhaps? I have three growing in my garden, but they're still only small atm.

Anywho, I have 3 surplus packs of seven seeds each to give away. First in best dressed

Edited by gtarman
  • Like 5

Yes please. :)

Edit: put my dibs in first, now i will add that that sunflower in the pic is huge, or the guy is a pixie, lol.

The flower looks a little artificial, but would really like to see this in the flesh, hence my hand up for seed. ( i really just want to freak my kids out)

Thanks Gtarman.

Edited by Amazonian
  • Like 4

yes yes sir

me please, not very well dressed

Yes please. :)

Edit: put my dibs in first, now i will add that that sunflower in the pic is huge, or the guy is a pixie, lol.

The flower looks a little artificial, but would really like to see this in the flesh, hence my hand up for seed. ( i really just want to freak my kids out)

Thanks Gtarman.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I believe it, and also thought the pic was a bit dubious. But I figure the worst that could happen is they turn out to be regular sunflowers...

• Like 1

Sorry if i sounded ^ ungrateful, :blush: , cause i truly am grateful....and keen to grow these flowers.

Thanks again.

:)

Edited by Amazonian
  • Like 1

Sorry if i sounded ^ ungrateful, :blush: , cause i truly am grateful....and keen to grow these flowers.

Thanks again.

:)

Not at all :)

So....Who's gonna grow the biggest Sunflower? :)

competition time~

• Like 1

Was just going to say that ill start the giant sunflower growing competition

Giant sunflower seeds I would think!

lol...whats the prize

the biggest sunflower on SAB forums, delivered to your backyard instantaneously!

amazing!

If someone has a couple spare any chance they could pass a few to me?? Purty please? If not where did u source the seed? I wants some!

• Like 1

Giant sunflower seeds I would think!

the biggest sunflower on SAB forums, delivered to your backyard instantaneously!

Thats produce ...lol...not a prize. It'll sell better if its for the GLORY

Thats produce ...lol...not a prize. It'll sell better if its for the GLORY

get it... because if they win... they already have the biggest sunflower :D

• Like 1

If someone has a couple spare any chance they could pass a few to me?? Purty please? If not where did u source the seed? I wants some!

Hey incog - I got them here: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-GIANT-SUNFLOWER-28-FT-Amazon-Sunzilla-Cross-Hybrid-7-seeds-1257-/150980187075?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23271ed3c3&_uhb=1

Now looking over the description and the pictures, I am 95% sure the pic is fake - they say the flowerheads can reach "up to" 12 inches across...and when you consider that they're already fluffing it up by saying that, then compare the size of the flowerhead in pic 1 to the size of the guy...I believe the average man's head is about 9-11 inches inches in length/height, from crown to chin (no neck). Doing the math and taking into account that the petals look kinda ridiculous, I have to say I feel a little duped.

• Like 1

A good gauge of what the flower head size might reach would be to look at the seed itself. To be from a flower as large as the one shown in the opening post, the seed would have to be pretty impressive?!. I am still keen. :)

I was thinking a competition might spring up haha. I know there's a few people who were keen. I already know that Anodyne has a secret weapon....

But yeah if anyone's keen, there's a couple of seed varieties that may be worth a look-see: Amazon variety, Sunzilla variety, and Giant Russian variety. I believe the current world record is 8.23m, held by a German flight attendant.

And apparently the world record for widest sunflower head is 32-and-a-bit inches?!

Edit: thought I had some giant russian seeds to give away also but I cant find them. Sorry

Edited by DeadStar

got me seeds today thanks heaps dude :)

• Like 1

^^ yeah sorry mate. You can still buy them pretty cheap from that link further up in the thread though. Or just search ebay for "Sunzilla", there's a few different vendors selling them.

Thanks Gtar, how big did yours get?