The Corroboree
ThunderIdeal

Conroy answers 3 "our say" questions on drug policy

In other words, there will be no change, we are not interested in listening to either the general public, or the scientific evidence that doesn't support our moralistic stance, we have international agreements which we refuse to challenge, and cannabis is really evil and will not be legalised.

• Like 2

I wish this was asked after Julia was ousted. Perhaps Kevin will be more open minded, who knows. Then again he's had his run before and that wasn't something he talked about but second time around could be different perhaps?

2ekogo6.jpg Edited by Scarecrow

if only either side knew that offering same sex marriage and legalising or decriminalising at least weed would prolly win the election for them

• Like 5

I like the fact that the public has at least this avenue to participate and tell the pollies what we actually think, and I think the more participatory we can make government the better...but I don't really feel like that achieved anything - a debate would be worthwhile, but in this scenario it was simply a pre-prepared list of questions being read by an impartial mouthpiece, met by carefully pre-constructed responses that more or less just dismissed the questions out of hand.

I say it should be the other way round - we should get a panel of experts on drug law reform and educated members of the public and let THEM premeditate their arguments, and send the politicians in blind to argue with somebody who can actually respond to them in real time and call them out on their bullshit. It's high time we put the fuckers on the spot and force them to be uncomfortable, to be accountable. Democracy doesn't happen when these slime-balls are allowed to hide behind the crafted rhetoric of PR spin doctors, or when they only have to answer to the public in a lip-service manner.

Edited by gtarman
  • Like 2