The Corroboree
Halcyon Daze

K Rudd comeback!

They're about to vote and I predict a BIG vote for Kev. Especially with Bill Shorten defecting. What a champ, He did it for his party even though he'll probably cop it sweet for what he did against Rudd in the past.

POP CORN!!!!!!!

and then the footy! :)

• Like 3

Nooooooooo I cant stand politicians , but Rudd is cringeworthy !!! NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Like 1

fuk wheres the footy :devil: gooo blues

Edited by bullit
  • Like 1

Now for part two of my evil plan... GO QUEENSLANDER!!!

GOOO RUUUDDDD!

Poor Julia. They're both strong leaders with reasonable ideas, shame they hate each other so much.

Still, it makes for interesting politics, much more exciting than the name-calling dross of usual political bullshit.

I actually watched this on TV tonight, first time I bothered with TV in yeas.

fuck every cunt in politics (that includes the cunt media).

fuck them all with a flaming bargepole.

cunts.

• Like 10

real issue in my mind isn't leadership squabbles, that's part and parcel of australian politics. it's what fuels a party to elect new leaders, those fucking opinion polls (which of course politicians pay no heed to ever, except all the time), and what fuels the opinion polls? the media stirring up bullshit over nothing, which works magic on australians who never seem to remember what happened a month ago let alone during the entire term.

the media chooses what you think, now the labour party has to choose a leader so less of their MP's get sacked by the public. and why would we sack them? they've done quite well but you wouldn't know it, the way the media carries on.

• Like 6

The media sure a hell doesn't choose what I think!

• Like 1

you know how the "elites" think they need to make decisions on behalf of the public because the public is too brain dead to make their own?

after watching australia over the last 3 years it pains me to agree with them.

p.s. the media doesn't choose what i think, thank you very much.

A total farce..
Nothing but a cast of puppets and slight of hand artists.

• Like 3

I just cringe at what Abbott would do as PM. Make us slaves to the big corps worse than Howard ever did. Take our environmental policies back to the 1950's.

I don't particularly love KRudd or anything but I think a lot of people have lost all respect for Abbott, and rightly so. At least the Labor party stands for something.

• Like 3

As much as you guys can say they're all the same... doesn't an Australia with Abbot as a figurehead scare you? If only for the barrage of embarrassing quotes he's bound to come up with.

• Like 2

I just cringe at what Abbott would do as PM. Make us slaves to the big corps worse than Howard ever did. Take our environmental policies back to the 1950's.

I don't particularly love KRudd or anything but I think a lot of people have lost all respect for Abbott, and rightly so. At least the Labor party stands for something.

Abbott is an old school liberal conservative. He believes in cutting the public service and social services to the bare minimum of functionality.

People say he doesn't believe in anything because he doesn't...he believes in a government which does as little as possible. He has said some fucked up stuff over the years that I have trouble forgetting. But I am very attracted to his fundamental, small 'L' liberal ideals.

This country could use some old school conservative ideals....and no, that doesn't mean taking us back to the 50's like some leftist do-gooders would have us believe.

Abbott is the closest thing we have had to real liberalism in my lifetime.

• Like 1

Well, I could accept Malcom Turnbull any day, for those very reasons (and I'm sure his time will come). But it's been a race to the bottom under Abbott and that really scares me. Win at all costs, damage the opposition (and the country) at all costs.

post-8867-0-73314700-1372250062_thumb.jp

overly-attached-abbot-julia-votes-8uo64i.jpg

overly-attached-abbot-julia-votes-8uo64i.jpg

• Like 1

I concur, one of the things I don't like about Abbott is his pandering to the more base elements of our society. He's a weak leader in that regard.

Turnbull would be ok...dude's even got a killer modern art collection, including some Bill Henson photographs. Rudd said Hensosn's work was disgusting after all that controversy about his photographs years ago lol

Ahhh, Rudd. Our most internationally recognised and respected artist and he vilified him for the purpose of appealing to close-minded white suburban soccer mums.

Edited by Rabelais
  • Like 1

well, abbott is about big government, as can be seen from his "direct action" plan(sic) and his ridiculous scheme to move everything to the NT,

just because he says he's for small government doesn't mean he is,

as far as asylum seekers goes labor has implemented most of the pacific solution except the "turn the boats around" stupidity but if anyone thinks that will work then i have a bridge made of shit to sell you.

abbott is successful because the media has been relentlessly attacking gillard and the labor party for the last 3 years. that's what i mean when i say the public can't be trusted to make decisions. the economy is sailing true in the face of a global shit storm, and the public thinks it's in the shits. the public say (through polls) that they routinely prefer labor policies but they will vote for the lnp because why? fucked if i know. people think the carbon tax is responsible for high power prices but fuck the feds have nothing to do with power prices, it's all the states. and lnp say they'll keep the "compensation" but keep the "budget in the black", what the fuck? how can you keep spending while abolishing the revenue source? thats what's fucked about the mining tax (and i put the blame on gillard and swan wholey and soley for that one).

seriously the lnp is a fucking joke and all of their policies are fucking ridiculous but they get to sail in because "omg carbon tax you said like...you wouldn't...what....juliar?"

i should say about polls they say "people" think they'll be worse off under an lnp government but will vote for the government in which they will be worse off under because, ......, because....... "ZOMG JULIAR CARBON TAX"

fucking retards,

Edited by qualia
  • Like 3

Julia spends a lot of time on camera and she's not good at it.

Rudd is actually a bit dangerous, he's learned political moves that are impressive and effective, he's smart and he's angry. If he goes in the right direction, all well and good. If not then he could be quite dangerous - to himself, to his party and to Australia. Either way, watch out. The last thing we need is for the people to head conservative because we are not ready for the sweeping changes he might make. On the other hand, huge changes that we need and are difficult to roll back are something we desperately need right now as we have been heading so far right for the last few decades...

Every time i voted in my life the party i voted for has lost. I am fucking over it they never listen.

I did not vote for that law , But the majority believe in the Ultimate Truth (ie we want it banned not what you spiritually believe ) .

So now my views and beliefs are frowned upon my political ideas just a memory . Its a two horse race and im sick of it

What to do

Well we could just sit around and whine and bitch about it or we can make our voices heard .

We have the numbers LETS GET POLITICAL

I lost a cacti to these bastards should i have hidden him like a jew in Nazi Germany .

Im a simple farmer and enjoy gardening. To often i hear about another farmer has

committed suicide as he can hardly support the land he lives on and what future

does he have when he retires . You never hear of these horrible story in the news

or politics . just because we are in the bush we should not have to shout for them to here

us.

FUCK YOU Gillard

FUCK YOU Rudd

FUCK YOU Abbot

FUCK YOU Back benching scum

FUCK YOU To our local mp ( who is a coke sniffing well i will just leave it at that

FUCK YOU Newman Fuck you man fuck you

Im over politics sorry for the rant but things are getting out of control

• Like 2

yo reds dont u mean cock sniffing [fuck you to our local mp ] hahaarrr

• Like 1

if it means labour retains the senate then good. i wanna see abbotts resolve on the double dissolution threat.

Well, I could accept Malcom Turnbull any day

I agree, haha, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Abbott gets ousted to make way for Turnbull before the election!

It's funny to read Rudd's response to Turnbull's earlier prediction of the recent spill. He must have been under enormous pressure from the Labour party to step up.

That Shorten sure is a shifty one... he's been a very naughty boy! I wonder what his aspirations are... :huh:

677352-mark-knight-cartoon.jpg

• Like 1

I agree, haha, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Abbott gets ousted to make way for Turnbull before the election!

I think there's a very good chance Abbott will lose the election and Turnbull will simply wait until then. A bad move now could finish him for ever. It's like a game of cards, -know when to hold 'em, know when to fold em etc.

Rudd has played his cards perfectly, right from the moment he calmly gave up the leadership rather than taking it to a party vote. Even the false stab at leadership was more for the good of the party than anything else, just to end the damaging speculation and get out of the spotlight, which was only making him look bad like he was undermining the party. He knew he had minimal support, so why else would he have dome it? It hurt the coalition more than it hurt him.

I don't think Rudd has undermined the party at all, but he has positioned himself well and so has Malcom Turnbull for that matter, both presenting themselves as good/legitimate alternatives to their unpopular leaders.

Two master tacticians biding their time with pocket aces.

Julia will get more respected and recognised for her achievements as the weeks go by which will improve Labor's popularity, and Abbott...

Let's just say that if you throw enough mud, some of it will splash back on you, and frankly he's now got himself covered in is own SH*T.

I'd hate to be Tony Abbott right now.

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 2

I'm waiting for the radio presenters to ask Kevin Rudd if his wife is a lesbian.

Dare they, dare they?

• Like 2