The Corroboree
El Presidente Hillbillios

Giant pumpkin contest!!

Anyone had any germination yet?

^

501st post in this thread.. And still no sprouts lol, not at my house anyway.

The seeds have changed colour a bit though, also feels more spongey than they did.

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 1

Look, I feel one of you lads has hijacked my mail and ninja'd my seeds.

Im guessing it's because you fear my amazing growing techniques, which I can understand :rolleyes:

Either that, or the douche I bought them from on ebay is taking his/her sweet time.

I haven't given up hope yet..... I've got this! B)

• Like 2

No action here with the comp seeds but the weather has been sweet so I reckon by the weekend I might see something.

• Like 2

Fuk at least y'all have patches! My seeds are in and I've dug 1m by 5m didn't get home till dark... Erghhh and my dads pinched my mattock!!

If I win this comp I truly am the one.

• Like 2

...clap, clap.............(clapping slowing down now),

"

patches, yous all have patches" lol Ingog.

hmmm, it seems a bit of seriousness has creeped, delicately into the competition?!?!

The slag offs and banter has decreased and the watching has began...

zedeye mind control,rockwool,gravel,my piss,a couple of large buckets,a rootball harness,a few bricks to keep it upright,etho love songs and my secret homemade nute sol/n is all i'd use if i was able to Ingog.

if the pump grows i'd be surely making mwaaaahaahaa horhorhor sounds while i do a merry jig.

pfft. it's all in the growing experience imo that sabers are after. Who the fuck cares if they win or not(don't throw rocks at me wb :wink: ) but i'd be going for freaky growth and a single pollinated pumping kin more than a huge result.

tbh, making a pumping sex doll with fresh flesh :drool2: sounds like my goal...not some hippy tshirt to cover my beer and vomit stains.......(don't poke the bear derek)

i hope yas all keep a grow log for future reference you pack of gourd lovin, squash revering , water wasting , pack of sababba dabbdabba do's.

:wub::P

that is all for now from the pumpkin watch watchers watch group........now over to the official opening of this years pumpkin growing comp for sabers!!

PLAY THAT FUNKY PUMPKINTRUMPET TRUMPET MAN!

good luck to you all and may the filthiest grower win - lets see where this all ends up in ~6months time

• Like 5

Feast your eyeballs on these bad beauties! I'm hoping the huge seed with the scar is still viable - it's huge... The Patch is still somewhat untended... this weekend is the Big Dig

post-11189-0-71421000-1378204932_thumb.p

post-11189-0-71421000-1378204932_thumb.png

post-11189-0-71421000-1378204932_thumb.png

If ya not down with seed by weeks end Justler, hit me up.

and I think I am gunna dig another patch...lol

EDIT - rofl eth, why would I throw rocks at ya :wink:

aside I hope you germinaters are filing your seed....just don't do the pointy end...lets water in better and they burst out better, the quicker they get out and up the less chance rot will take 'em (Image from http://www.giantpumpkins.co.nz/ )

Filed-Seed.jpg#

Edited by waterboy
  • Like 6

Speaking of patches... I have a posthole digger but no hoe - well, not a rotary one anyway :wink: . I'm thinking of doing the dig down about 80cm, 4 holes side by side, kicking the hole walls in and filling that with the special blend, then as the vine goes out, whanging a few more holes down for the extra vine shoots. Dunno how that'll go, but that's the general plan... with the hole 80cm deep, that should line up with the level of the dam that's 20 feet away, I'm hedging on self watering through seepage, I guess we'll see how that pans out.

Still thinking of the over water vine, I'll bung one in at the edge of the dam and see what comes of it.

Edit: ^ Ooooh, looking at your filing job there, I think the seed I have with the torn coat is still in with a chance... (*Indian runs off to find a file)

Edited by IndianDreaming
  • Like 2

^ I like that fckn post hole idea, if you have clay in that soil though look out for the auger smearing the hole and making it hard for roots to penetrate (lol...I drill a LOT of holes).

Edited by waterboy
  • Like 1

i have planted mine in a big pot ehich i plan to cut the bottom off once it is bigger

Q do you need to pollinate the pumpking with another plant or do they self pollinate

• Like 1

^^ + 1 dude awesome link

I got roots coming out of some seed, ive got them in wet paper towel in a zip lock bag on my pc hard drive to keep em warm

• Like 2

I honestly and truthfully will get all seeds out this weekend as well as other trades.. Work is ramping up with the oncoming harvest, who h has coincided with my own little mental breakdown which I'm coming out of, I will honour all trades and have them off on Monday. My own seeds have sown and still got a buttload of work to do on my pump patches this weekend hopefully.

• Like 3

^ Pumpkin growing championships are enough to send anyone round the twist incog! - I think we're all gonna have tears and mini melt downs over the next few months - I haven't touched my patch yet and with all those big words behind me in this thread it's a little daunting! :)

• Like 1

Lol, too right Indiandreaming.

Is okay to take the coating off the seeds? I tried it on one of my three seeds, the shell was soggy and soft and split open when i pushed at the end with my fingernail.

I've got one stirring and its showing through :wink: ....but I won't be relaxed a bit until its standing up with a true leaf showing.

DSCF8641_zps012fd258.jpg

so I finished the fence, put up some wind protection and told Ditchy it's his last day in there.....

DSCF8639_zps71a76f60.jpg

Don't worry Ceres I'm not eating him......yet

• Like 9

Got 5 seedlings potted up.

• Like 3

Consecrated the pumpkin altar today:

post-8023-0-92872000-1378447575_thumb.jp

And I potted up my first sprouted seed :) .. The other two are still in a wet paper towel in a moisture chamber on the heatpad,

WB, i just went to the butcher yesterday and bought my first piece of lamb for my first lamb roast... 'Twas divine.. Ditchy is mighty cute, but now I understand 1st hand how mighty tasty he would be too :P

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3