The Corroboree
El Presidente Hillbillios

Giant pumpkin contest!!

Dude come on. I'm in the lower south island of new zealand where its pretty fucking cold, my patch is tiny and have only grown one small pumpkin in my life. I am not actually expecting to win here! I'm doing it for the lols and the pumpkin bounty.

I'm thinking of all the pumpkin pie, pumpkin soup, fuck i'd even consider trying to make a pumpkin alcohol if i have enough pumpkin to spare.

Man everyone who isnt interested in growing pumpkins must HATE this thread being bumped all day everyday.

Edited by bogfrog
  • Like 2

The care factor for them folks is an astounding 0

• Like 1

It used to fuck me off last time round lol

You may as well just send ur wager now with that attitude

No way! U gotta work for your wager man. U havent won yet.

• Like 1

Pics of the genetics of Doom to come.....

• Like 1

Man everyone who isnt interested in growing pumpkins must HATE this thread being bumped all day everyday.

It's hilarious. Plus, feel good for the partners of the young men who have pounded out their testosterone on the keyboard, at least all they have to worry about is macho-pumpkin talk, until they lose. Well, feel sorry for the one who actually does beat the rest, it'll be pumpkin this, pumpkin that all for the rest of the year til they're bored shitless.

At least it's something to tell the grandkids. "Hey, I'll tell you the time about the pumpkin contest, now them were the days."

Yes, grandad. Why were they all orange grandad, and why did they taste like shit grandad? I'm growing one and it tastes like bananas and cream!"

What about hand jobs bogfrog?

• Like 1

I actually wouldn't mind if someone posted a recipe for making pumpkin taste good, I'm happy to have my mind changed. Gluten free mind, no pastry or bread.

Whoever wins should throw a monster pumpkin party where the winner makes the food out of their damned pumpkin and we can all sit around and :worship: the remains of their beast.

I'll bring my own food :wink:

Now now jwerta bit of restepa bro.

Edit - I believe the giant pumps aren't that edible for humans, good feed for cows and horses, pigs.

Maybe a local piggery or feedlot would

Come pick it up? That's a good point though... What do u actually

Do

With a 500kg plus pumpkin? Moonshine?

Pumpkin taste good? Baked :) mmm pumpkin soup with sour cream chives and a few slivers of chilli !!

Edited by incognito
  • Like 1

You're making me hungry incog

Gluten free pumpkin soup.

Roast peeled adn seeded pumpkin in a covered tray with garlic cloves ginger onion cumin, coriander salt pepper. for 1hr20 at 160c

Once its cooked blend up preferably with a stick blender add cream say 1 cup per 2.5 kilo season again to taste.

Eat with gluten free bread and a dollop of sour cream..

• Like 2

will take less time in the oven with less mass. so small batch may only take 40 minutes.

Here's a pic of the winning patch. Hope it doesn't stop yall from sleeping :)

• Like 2

What about hand jobs bogfrog?

Who do you think i am? Pumpkin-whore of the south-pacific!?

... No thankyou.

Edit - I believe the giant pumps aren't that edible for humans, good feed for cows and horses, pigs.

Maybe a local piggery or feedlot would

Come pick it up? That's a good point though... What do u actually

Do

With a 500kg plus pumpkin? Moonshine?

Pumpkin taste good? Baked :) mmm pumpkin soup with sour cream chives and a few slivers of chilli !!

Ah man, this put a damper on my day! Are all giant varieties not good for eating?

If so..

Can we breed one this year that is?!

I love pumpkin and I dont like being wasteful. Perhaps i could turn mine into cat food somehow.

Edited by bogfrog
  • Like 3

I bought a pumpkin beer a few mths back, so good!

Yeh i think alcohol is well worth considering.

I have a mate who would let me use his still if i could work out what i was doing roughly.

Then again pumpkin spirits don't have the same appeal as a wholesome pumpkin beer.

If anyone finds a recipe, do share!

I have always wondered about pumpkin beverages since reading harry potter :P

they do eat them but generally they are used for animal food or blown up.

• Like 1

I'm thinking blown up and composted...lol

here a small selection of some I have had gifted to me and my boy , The surma I purchased and gotta say the Atlantic Seed folk post stuff well and fast. Havent checked yet but there is some pedigree going on.

DSCF8523_zps72188ba6.jpg

DSCF8522_zps6f85a24d.jpg

• Like 1

Impressive :)

A worthy foe.

Edited by incognito
  • Like 1

I'm happy to blow up the winners pumpkin - I have some TNT and a friend has a slow-mo camera. If someone is willing to donate me a seed, I'll attempt to grow one, and I'll blow it up for your viewing pleasure...

• Like 4

I'll donate you a couple seeds Indian Dreaming, I won't have room for more than two plants, just PM your adress :)

My nephews are little pyros ill get them to blow up my pumps and record slow mo as well.

• Like 2