The Corroboree
Rum and Monkeys

Greeting From Ashby, N.S.W

Hello everyone here at SAB.

I have been looking through this forum for so, so long now and now I am finally here and hopefully can learn a lot of things from you lot.

Not really sure how to "introduce myself".. I live on a large property where I have a tonne of space which I mainly spend growing veggies and fruit as I try to keep the family sustained as much as possible at home without having to buy crap that's probably ancient at the shops. Anyways!

The cacti thread will most probably be my stomping grounds but will pop up here and there no doubt.

There seems to be a lot to read through in the archives so I will go have a flick through it all.

Hope I fit in guys!!

• Like 1

G'day Rum and Monkeys.

Welcome to The Corroboree.

helllloooo to u ! i have spent alot of time in ashby awesum fishing in the broadwater in spring 4 flatty!!

welcome mate

Thanks everyone :)

Yeah, Ashby is real nice. Have lived here most of my life and the fishing is really good! Can't go wrong with flatheads.

Hiya, glad to hear another cacti-lover is here to be stomping in the stomping ground :)

Sounds like you are living many of our dreams, large property and growing your own food, good stuff mate.

G'day Rum and Monkeys.< Interesting name :)

Welcome to The Corroboree.

It really is. Two of my favourite things! It was just the first thing that popped into my head :)

• Like 1

I like monkeys and apes, and I use to want a spider monkey for a while, until I was told how cheeky they can be and sometimes aggressive . How's about that woman that had her face shredded by her pet chimp...pretty scary .

I was watching a sort of doco recently where there was this baboon that lived in like a national park or something, and people could drive through and see the baboons in the wild...anyway, this one baboon was clever and learned to open car doors and would steal bags and backpacks and stuff looking for treats, lol.

Another story was from an acquaintance that went to Bali. He said a little monkey pinched a gold earring from his wife and would not return it until he was given some food , so this guy gives the monkey a bit of fruit , then the monkey put the eating in its mouth and mangled it with its teeth, and then handed it over ha ha. The locals have the monkeys trained to pinch stuff so the tourist has to buy a banana or what ever from the very near by stall to trade with the monkey?!

I don't have any rum stories though :P .

Edit. I do go to the effort of making paragraphs, but sometimes it all seems to get lumped together . Doh !

Edit again... Bizarre ... It fixed itself apon editing ???!!!

Edited by Amazonian

warregah island bridge crossing 2 near back channel bridge awesum for bull shark fishing late spring!! no 1 swims in the clarence lol

greetings man. i just know i've dreamed of the island before....i just know it. Kudos for the grow your own wonderful diet mang.

I got plenty of rum stories mee hearty

Yeah Amazonian, I have seen similar clips on the internet. Very, very cheeky indeed! Also the smaller monkeys on the islands that steal peoples alcohol and get rather drunk from it! I know I shouldn't laugh but it is hilarious to watch :) Wow that's pretty amazing about training the monkeys to steal stuff for rewards.

I once wanted one until either you needed to register your house as a zoo and they poo too much EVERYWHERE lol. I also read an article where there was a foreign "company" running out of capital cities in Australia and they were stating they would sell you a certain species of monkey for a couple of grand! Terrible.

I will save my rum stories for another day ;)

Oops, double post :D

Edited by Rum and Monkeys

greetings man. i just know i've dreamed of the island before....i just know it. Kudos for the grow your own wonderful diet mang.

I got plenty of rum stories mee hearty

You have dreamed of Ashby? Nice surroundings, not far from some beaches in nearby towns. Good fishing :) very tranquil and peaceful :)

We will get to the rum stories mate, don't you worry haha.

Hehe, my partner is already asking me, wtf are you doing on that dang forum again :blush:

• Like 1