The Corroboree
El Presidente Hillbillios

Anyone want a couple of goats?

I know this might sound crazy.

But i have two goats that are really surplus to goat requirements. Theyre very, very friendly Anglo Nubians and will prolly have babies (or a baby) this winter. They are last years babies so are pretty young, Would be a good start for anyone wanting some milking goats.

Im in south west sydney area and would like them gone pretty soon

I know they aint seeds or plants, but all part of our unconventional lives LOL

• Like 9

hahahah ya sellin your offspring?? jokes i have two goats they r sooo crazy but cool lil lawn mowers!!

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity have the goats ever got to your datura patch Bullit ?

• Like 1

Can you divide them up in to padded post bags for reassembly on arrival?

• Like 2

Can you divide them up in to padded post bags for reassembly on arrival?

No, but they will get in the postmans van and eat letters no worries

• Like 4

il take a few legs.

Just pick em up yourself

goat-on-bicycle-03.jpg

• Like 6

Or even like this

pink-pet-goat.jpg

• Like 1

Or if you're feeling a bit lazy like this

goats.jpg

tru story they ate 1 of my 5 foot san pedros with no reaction?!?! my animals and feral kids r in a different run too my deadly niteshades!!

• Like 1

yeah mine have ate plenty of cactus before. they do stand still for a bit after though

• Like 1

Continuing the goat transport theme (sorry hillbilly for spamming your thread)!

Funny-Indian-Sadhu-Driving-a-Cart-Pulled

• Like 2

Goats stay well away from these plants, so do horses and cows. Unless theyre really starving

• Like 2

goats r a really cool pet aye just like whitewind has shown in his pics sept that 1 u know the bus ride 1 hahaha

if i lived near sydney i would take them 4 sure!!! i dont like goats milk but me dogs lap it up

Edited by bullit

Goats are the bomb, highly recommend taking up hillbilly's offer if you can. My family had goats when I was young, was brought up on goats milk actually as opposed to cows milk, it's actually pretty good as long as you keep them away from the plants that taint it. They are easy to milk too, comparatively, and don't need as much land to live off compared to cows. I believe you don't need to keep goats in kid to keep them producing, unlike cows. The meat is better than most too, plus goats are incredibly friendly and make great lawnmowers too. Even the wool can be useful if you are prepared to put a bit of work in. If you like smart, friendly, useful animals, then goats are the ones for you.

• Like 3

My goats eat brugmansia leaves if they get a chance. Lots of them too. never noticed them getting thirsty or stoned from them. goats have pretty amazing digestion and can handle toxins that many other animals can't.

• Like 3

Ever tried drinking the milk after a session Torsten?

• Like 1

My chickens used to devour heaps of brug leaves to without any ill effect. I was really worried the first time they did it, I came out the back to find they'd stripped my brug of leaves so I rushed to suss out chickens reactions to brugs online and found that they too have pretty crazy digestive systems that allow them eat all sorts of shit.

• Like 1

Good question, I didnt even consider at the time that the eggs may contain the brug alkaloids. We we're eating the eggs though and no one had any hallucinogenic effects or sickness.

• Like 1

yum brug chooks :devil: still have ya billies billios?? try gumtree dude or trading post!!!

nah they went this afternoon, goin to be a milk supply for someone on a remote propety. Pretty glad about the result really

• Like 1

o green fields and happy mikers awesum :P

• Like 1

Ever tried drinking the milk after a session Torsten?

Yes. never got any effects from whatever they ate, so I presume the gut microbes metabolised rather than just goat's nervous systems being immune.

The only thing that really seems to come through storng in milk are aromatics. fennel is kinda nice and I used to feed it to some goats intentionally to flavour their milk when I used to milk them.

Mint is also nice. I made the mistake of mowing over an apple mint plant in the paddock furing the wet season multiple times - a year later I had about half an acre of apple mint pasture.

Camphor is a bit weird.

Tobacco bush [solanum mauritianum] is probably the worst - the milk tastes like it has a few drops of diesel in it.

• Like 3