The Corroboree
planthelper

wtf yahoo mail

if i log onto my yahoo mail, it often ask's me to put my mobil nummber into a field.

the field doesn't accept, any words, like none, or not applicable, or to say, i don't want to reveal my mobil nummber.

there is no field to click, to say, no thanks either.

even after several attempts to overcome that hurdle, one doesn't get the log in page.

one has to close the page and re open the log in page and hopefully, one doesn't get asked again.

this is soo anoying, i don't have a mobil, wtf you yahoo wankers!

i tried to sort this out, called a syd nummber, no help available.

tried the online help feature, wtf you yahoo people, it said, they will charge me 34aud for an answere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i should get a brand new mobil with a secret nummber, and than add it to there extortion, i bet you i would get canvassing calls suddenly.

yahoo, you suck big times.

and worse, the mail service yahoo, has no REAL contact EMAIL, so one can't complain to anybody, unless i pay 34aud.

Hotmail does this to...

It's in case you forget your password or something stupid like that

I get that from yahoo lately too.

When it happens to me I get an option "remind me later", I just click that and it works as normal.

The button to click used to be easy to spot, now it's been moved to the bottom of the page.

Edited by SallyD
  • Like 1

what happens when you put in a fake number or a fax line?

blatant data mining is what it is....

Doesn't Google own yahoo now? I get it on both Gmail and Yahoo. Must be time for a new non-google email account.

They just want to own all your secrets, -just like Facebook and Apple. It's a lucrative business.

• Like 1

Ive noticed i cant create a new gmail account without a phone number either.

wanna buy a burner mang?

60 NQA ;)

Been with yahoo since '97 and it's been a solid service for next to no money, and I wasn't happy when they linked up with channel 7 but hey. I draw the line at giving out my mobile number though I think it's too easily hacked they also want backup email address too which isn't good for privacy. The more you link up data the easier it is for you to be tracked, hacked or followed and I recently posted a thread about how they can pull all this data off Facebook and in minutes see where you are likely TI be at any given time eg work, where you live and hang out and take photos etc and what day and time, and who you know. Link to your email and phone number and they can track you in real time, and the latest greatest security cams now being installed can swivel and zoom to read your text messages. Not only can the authorities make secret warrants to do this but private companies can too without a warrant (though it's illegal it could eg help energy companies track environmental protestors and they could contact police saying they had an anonymous tip-off etc.) people have been prosecuted for posting "terrorist" jokes on twitter

Keep your data safe and respect your own privacy because no one else will

• Like 1

Interesting read on the use of computer technology and social networking to fight cybercrime here