15 wild sourced
trichocereus peruvianus
30 trichocereus pachanoi OP
5 turbina corymbosa
10 hyosycamus alba
5 sida cordifolia
20 gogi berry
15 raul island kawakawa

10 podophyllum peltatum (mayapple/american mandrake)

Many apopligies, clearly i have crap organisational skills.

Apologises to all for my scatterbrain-ness.

Edited by bogfrog
  • Like 2

:( i never really worked that one out TBH, im still confused.

I thought a poll would be good but then everyone who has already voted by liking may not get to the poll in time & wouldnt have their vote counted.

I cant see the likes on my phn so i will go to a computer this arvo and see if people have been sticking to the 3 like limit.

If the majority of people have, i'll do it by likes and ask those who have liked more than 3 entries to choose just 3 or i wont count their likes.

If the majority of people have been liking more than 3 entries i'll have to do a poll.

Lol. I went through the thread and liked half a dozen posts just this morning. I'll go back and unlike some.

Allright here's my submission.

Pulling these images straight off the net once this is over haha.

This is me when I was a young fella living in the tropics.

Sometimes the midday heat got a bit much for me and my pet pumpkin as is the case here. Nothing a good sleep wouldn't fix though.

pumkinsleep_zps54efe36f.jpg

And me looking fabulous.

lipstick_zps2936beec.jpg

• Like 5

Lol. I went through the thread and liked half a dozen posts just this morning. I'll go back and unlike some.

Sorry BZ, (what a pain in the ass i am) i decided to go with Amazonian's suggestion that the person who gets the least/no likes will get the seeds.

Being super super cute is a prize in itself.

Nemisty :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Pet punkin! I love it. How long did it last before he went soft and mouldy in the summer heat?

Gawgeous makeupz, you must have learnt from the best B)

After much deliberation, confusion and :BANGHEAD2: ... we have a game changer.

Many thanks to Amazonian for her great suggestion.

Gawd, lol, i hope it works out, otherwise i might get stoned...literally ,:P:)

Edit: I really did mean stoned like when a group of people throw stones at you as a form of punishment ...for having a shitty idea !!!

Edited by Amazonian

I am going to post my pic at the last minute, guaranteed no likes.

• Like 2

Whitewind raises a good point. maybe there should be a cut off point for posting pics and after that a period of time for voting?

I have a brilliant(maybe?) idea. Just divide the "weight" of each like, by the number of likes the liker, has given. So if I've liked 7 photos (sounds about right), then each of my likes is worth 1/7 of a like. But if I'd stuck to the rules, and liked only 3 photos - then each like would be worth 1/3.

If I like only one or two photos, then each like is still worth only 1/3 (because liking only one photo, would be 1/1 - essentially voting 3 times for the same photo - which is a no-no).

Might be too late to change the rules again, but this would fix all of the problems I think. :)

I wish I had some photos to add, but they're all hidden away in boxes, somewhere. I'll try and add them at some point. :)

• Like 3

I have a brilliant(maybe?) idea. Just divide the "weight" of each like, by the number of likes the liker, has given. So if I've liked 7 photos (sounds about right), then each of my likes is worth 1/7 of a like. But if I'd stuck to the rules, and liked only 3 photos - then each like would be worth 1/3.

If I like only one or two photos, then each like is still worth only 1/3 (because liking only one photo, would be 1/1 - essentially voting 3 times for the same photo - which is a no-no).

Might be too late to change the rules again, but this would fix all of the problems I think. :)

I wish I had some photos to add, but they're all hidden away in boxes, somewhere. I'll try and add them at some point. :)

That's a great idea, but it might be worth constructing a histogram of the likes and making sure they fit a gaussian distribution. If they don't, that might indicate some sort of anomaly that is skewing the data. A correction factor that's a function of the number of likes could then be calculated and applied to the data to correct for this.

OR, there's always the KISS principle :P

(what a pain in the ass i am)

Damn straight. Now I gotta go back and re-like the ones I just un-liked :lol:
  • Like 2

That does sound like it would work. I am shocking at maths, but i suppose its a fair punishment to struggle through fractionised like equations after jumping about with all this to-ing and fro-ing.. And i dont want Amazonian to get stoned!

Sorry guys.

Now we'll go with CBL's idea.

(I feel like a mega doofus right now lol.)

That does sound like it would work. I am shocking at maths, but i suppose its a fair punishment to struggle through fractionised like equations after jumping about with all this to-ing and fro-ing.. And i dont want Amazonian to get stoned!

Sorry guys.

Now we'll go with CBL's idea.

(I feel like a mega doofus right now lol.)

Doh, now I want my vote to count, so I gotta go back and unlike the ones I just reliked :lol: ...j/k

Use whatever system you want bogfrog. I don't think anyone really cares. It was a great idea for a thread and it's been cool seeing everyone's pics :)

All Mega, no doofus, it was a great idea, chillax!!

• Like 2

How about creating a new Thread as a Poll. I would merge all posts with Pics in there and set a time limit for everyone to vote? Like i said, im happy with whatever comes out of this but i have clearly lost track about the rules. At this time of day, i have the IQ of a Grapefruit so will need to reread the Thread after my second coffee. :)

only one problem, nobody knows how many likes any person has given, because only first 3 likes, are recorded by name, the rest are anonymus.

your idea doesnt work with anonymus likes.

and something else, i believe we (zac, cbl and me foremost) are stressing out bogfrog with all our technical ideas.

LET US JUST BE HAPPY, HOW IT HAS UNFOLDED.

HIP, HIP HURRAY, BOGFROG!! :)

Edited by planthelper
  • Like 1

why dont we create a vote thread. everyone that has posted a pic reply on said thread. then we vote.

planthelper: If you click on 'person1, person2, person3 and x others like this' - it's a link that will show everyone who liked the post. :)

Also, I can make a spreadsheet that will do the calculations rather easily too - I'd be glad to to help out.

Edited by CβL
  • Like 3

What about.....turning it into a raffle?! The post numbers with SABlings photos are in the draw for the seed pack? Just another suggestion, lol :) ...another twist to screw with bogfrogs head?! Lol. :P

Edited by Amazonian
  • Like 5

thx for that, i'll try it out right away, @cbl.

Edited by planthelper
  • Like 1

I know.... why dont we all enter into a Grand Final , and post a pic of our current heads !!!! lol

I think everyones votes should count and i'd prefer not to drag it out into another thread.

Good brainstorming though guys.

CBL, if you were willing and able to calculate the winner that would be amazing!

My brain would blow up if i tried to do calculations like that.

Lemme know if you're keen & you can set a finishing time.

Will make it worth your while with a present too.

Okay, I finished the spreadsheet. Seems to work as expected. :) PMd

• Like 1