The Corroboree
toast

Whats new at Wandjina Gardens

I will post up my experience with the kratom extract and dosage used when received in this thread if thats fine with toasty?

i assume 1 gram would be a good dose as ive heard a 1:50 extract was good at .5 grams.

i may be wrong aswell.

Will update when kratomized

• Like 2

Lets us know how it goes! Keen as mustard to get some if it gets a good report.

• Like 1

same

Samesies

Edit; if a 'standard/medium' dose of normal erb is 10~grams then I dare say .5-1g will be the ballpark with this stuff. So roughly 2.5-5$ a dose...

Edited by thed00dabides

I am keen to hear feedback on the kratom extract. I am not too experienced with the opiate/noddy side of kratom, but really enjoy the stim aspects of it. It seemed that despite redosing over a 5h period [total 1-2g guesstimate] I did not get to the noddy part. It was awesome anyway, but just not sure if it will satisfy the noddies. I reckon it would be perfect for a festival weekend so you don't miss any acts ;)

The plain herb should be more reliable in terms of the noddy effects.

We don't really have a lot of options. Imports became illegal some time ago, so what we have is all that's available. once this is gone there won't be any until the drug war is over.

I strongly recommend the salvia herb. It is some of the best I have ever come across. It is about 3-5 times as potent as australian grown material, which makes a single cone a nice amount.

• Like 1

Restocked some cactus clones and have added a few extras.

Also have reduced the price of all small hybrids to $8 :)

• Like 2

have only had small doses of the kratom, but im pretty happy with it.

had other factors at play but.

will report on it when i explore it more.

only thing is that the effects dont last long for me, but ive only had small doses, but others report the same.

cheers for offering these gems!

I was a bit surprised to see ricinus communis seeds for sale.

Took some Echinopsis lageniformis 'JAC007 - melted wax' cuts this morning.

These photos don't do them justice, the tips especially are so gnarled & funky :drool2:

Keep an eye out for them in the webstore in a couple of months.

post-902-0-83464400-1377484676_thumb.jpg

post-902-0-37259800-1377484714_thumb.jpg

DSCN0918 (Large).JPG

DSCN0920 (Large).JPG

DSCN0918 (Large).JPG

DSCN0920 (Large).JPG

• Like 3

They look funky as. If only our quarantine laws weren't so anal :P

Listed a few new species on the webstore:

Anthocaphalus cadamba (Kadam) - Also known as Neolamarckia cadamba, this species is native to South and Southeast Asia. It bears edible fruit and flowers, the dried bark is used to relieve fever and as a tonic, and a leave extract is used as a mouth gargle.
Kadam is also grown for timber and paper, being used for plywood, light construction, pulp and paper, boxes and crates, dug-out canoes and furniture components. Also, a yellow dye is obtained from the root bark.

Anemopsis californica (Yerba Mansa, Lizard Tail) - This species is native to southwestern North America. It has a range of traditional medical applications, including use as an antimicrobial, an antibacterial and to treat vaginal candidiasis. Also, dried leaves and flowers emit a spicy fragrance and are used in potpourri.
Some specific traditional uses include:

• the treatment of inflammation of the mucous membranes, swollen gums and sore throat.
  • a root infusion is used as a diuretic to treat rheumatic diseases like gout by ridding the body of excess uric acid, which causes painful inflammation of the joints.
  • the prevention of uric acid crystal buildup in the kidneys which could causes kidney stones if left untreated.
  • powdered dried root is sprinkled on infected areas to alleviate athlete's foot or diaper rash.
  • leaves are used to make a poultice to relieve muscle swelling and inflammation.

Bombax ceiba (Cotton Tree) - The dry flower cores of this species are an essential ingredient of the nam ngiao spicy noodle soup and the kaeng khae curry of the cuisine of Shan State and Northern Thailand.

Citrus medica var. sarcodactylis (Buddha's Hand) - This species bears highly fragrant fruit that is segmented into finger-like sections, and is used predominantly in China and Japan for perfuming rooms and clothing.
In Western cooking, the fruit is often used for its zest, and because the inner white pith is not bitter as is usually the case with citrus, the fingers can be longitudinally sliced, peeled, and used in salads or scattered over cooked foods such as fish, pith and all.
Finally, the fruit may be given as a religious offering in Buddhist temples, where, according to tradition, Buddha prefers the "fingers" of the fruit to be in a position where they resemble a closed rather than open hand, as closed hands symbolize to Buddha the act of prayer.

Eleagus oldmanii - this Asian shrub is used in the treatment of cancer and has edible fruit, the flesh and seeds of which can be eaten either fresh or raw.

Inga feuilleei (Ice Cream Bean) - Also known as Pacay, this tree bears bean pods that contain fluffy edible pulp reminiscent of vanilla-flavoured fairy floss. The seeds are also edible and are cooked as a vegetable in Central America.

Plinia cauliflora (Jabuticaba) - Also known as Myrciaria cauliflora, M. jaboticaba and Tree Grape, this species is native to southeastern Brazil. Its trunk bears tasty fruits resembling purple grapes, that can be eaten raw or be used to make jellies, juice and alcohol.
Traditionally, an astringent decoction of the sun-dried skins has been used to treat hemoptysis, asthma, diarrhoea, and gargled for chronic inflammation of the tonsils. Several potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory anti-cancer compounds have been isolated from the fruit, including jaboticabin, which is unique to the species. Jabuticaba is also a popular species in the art of bonsai.

:lol:

Edited by toast
  • Like 2

I have just listed a large $270 Lophophora williamsii on the webstore.

No photos not available yet but here is a description from our supplier:
"This specimen is grafted onto E. pachanoi. The main button is +7cm diameter and it has 9 pups, mostly 3.5-4cm diameter.

It is a very healthy cactus however there is minor cracking on three of the pups."

Note that this species is not kept on premises at Wandjina Gardens, and is not available for pick up unless arranged in advance.

The Autumn 2013 issue of Dragibus is now in the web store, featuring articles on psychoactive insects (!), a review of Breaking Convention 2013, a Calamus porter, possible psychoactive properties of Beech fruit and more.

Also available is Dorstenia bahiensis (Mattress Button Plant) plants, a medicinal and culinary herb from Brasil.

Finally, our Nicotiana tomentosiformis is flowering. This is a wild tobacco species native to the Yungas Valley region of the Andes, primarily in Bolivia. Recent genetic evidence suggests it is one of the parent species of the common domesticated tobacco, Nicotiana tabacum.

We hope to have plants available next year.

post-902-0-80722600-1382578534_thumb.jpg

DSCN0966 (Large).JPG

DSCN0966 (Large).JPG

Edited by toast
  • Like 2

Anadenanthera colubrina flowering and fruiting at the same time.

We are germinating seeds for plant sales.

post-902-0-62933900-1382927697_thumb.jpg

post-902-0-64726100-1382927740_thumb.jpg

Flowers starting to develop on Voacanga africana.

post-902-0-08505200-1382928926_thumb.jpg

DSCN0974 (Large).JPG

DSCN0977 (Large).JPG

DSCN0979 (Large).JPG

DSCN0974 (Large).JPG

DSCN0977 (Large).JPG

DSCN0979 (Large).JPG

• Like 7

Just added a few $20, $30 & $35 lophs to the webstore.

Get 'em while you can :)

post-902-0-98036000-1383352546_thumb.jpg

Note that pricing of this species is determined by the number, size and condition of the buttons, they are not kept on premises at Wandjina Gardens, and are not available for pick up unless arranged in advance.

DSCN0983 (Large).JPG

DSCN0983 (Large).JPG

Listed a couple of bushfood species today.

Araucaria bidwillii (Bunya Pine): Important native Australian bushfood species. The nut is eaten both raw and cooked (roasted or boiled). Traditionally, the nuts were also ground and made into a paste, which was eaten directly or cooked in hot coals to make bread. The nuts were also fermented in the mud of running creeks, which was considered a delicacy. The shoots of the trees were also eaten. A variety of modern recipes now exist utilising the bunya nut, from pancakes, biscuits and breads, to casseroles, to 'bunya nut pesto' & hoummus. Note that plants will be mailed bare-rooted.

Davidsonia jerseyana (Davidson Plum): Native Australian bushfood that produces sour fruit used in jam, wine, ice-cream & sauces.

Anadenanthera colubrina flowering and fruiting at the same time.

We are germinating seeds for plant sales.

Hey Toast,

Any indications of this species spreading? I am reluctant to plant it out until I can be certain that it won't be weedy..

Hey Toast,

Any indications of this species spreading? I am reluctant to plant it out until I can be certain that it won't be weedy..

It doesn't appear to be too much of a risk Tarenna, the plant here is 10+ years old & it has not self seeded ye, but you never know.

Recent listings on the website include:

Acacia confusa (Formosa Wattle): This species is very high in antioxidants, and is used as a liver tonic in traditional Chinese medicine. The root bark can also be used as a natural red/ yellow dye. :drool2:

Bassela alba (Malabar Spinach): Also known as Climbing Spinach, this leaf vegetable is high in vitamin A, vitamin C, iron and calcium. It is low in calories by volume but protein dense per calorie, and is a rich source of soluble fiber. Popular in traditional Asian & Indian cuisine, leafs are often added to soups, curries & stir frys.

The leaves have been shown to contain certain phenolic phytochemicals and have antioxidant properties.

Large Echinopsis lageniformis 'Tim'.

B)

• Like 1

We finally have a few Nicotiana quadrivalis plants available on the webstore. Also known as Pursh, this was an important ceremonial species among natives of the west coast of North America, in particular southern Oregon, northern California and along the middle Columbia River.